Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big names for Irish Open?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

I'm still waiting for my invite but I'll play, I suppose. I presume I can get my usual deal of +10 shots and be able to play off the forward tees? I mighet even waive the appearance money

Give me a shout so if you need a partner for the pro am. bought a batch of re-conditioned Pro-V'S at the weekend and mad to have a lash off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bishop22

Where is the best place to buy tickets anyway lads? Like grandstand for the Sat or Sun (like everyone else) !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Bishop22 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy tickets anyway lads? Like grandstand for the Sat or Sun (like everyone else) !

www.irishopengrandstandticketsforthesaturdayorsunday.ie

Or if they're sold out ;) I would imagine the official European tour website would be the safest place. They're pricier than I thought they would be

http://tickets.europeantour.com/Event/THE-IRISH-OPEN/Royal-Portrush-Golf-Club/609924

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bishop22

Thanks for the link. The grandstand is sold out, apart from the Thursday. My better half is travelling so a seat is a good thing to have. Maybe one of those small fold up seats would do the job fine........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Bishop22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. The grandstand is sold out, apart from the Thursday. My better half is travelling so a seat is a good thing to have. Maybe one of those small fold up seats would do the job fine........

Well I'm sure if you looked around you would still get a grandstand ticket although you will probably end up paying 'tout' prices.

It's a long shot but it might be worth checking the sports section of www.toutless.ie I have got lucky there a few times getting concert tickets at cost price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Just seen on his twitter that John Daly will be in Portrush.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Isn't the thread tiltle "big names" not "has beens".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jul3s wrote: »
    Isn't the thread tiltle "big names" not "has beens".
    Big names doesn't have to mean 'currently successful'. Like him or loathe him, John Daly is a big name in the world of golf.

I'd be pretty sure that way more casual golf fans know Daly ahead of say Keegan Bradley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Just after looking at the Irish Opens page on the European Tours website and they seem to have sponsors coming out there ears for it this year.
    Bringing it back up to Portrush could be the start of a renaissance for it again. Obviously having 4 major champions from the island helps too of course.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012046/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Great to see. It's safe to say the North will get to hold the Irish Open again in the near future

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/tickets-almost-gone-for-irish-open-3123418.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Any final confirmed list of those taking part?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Whyner wrote: »

Just watched the Letterman Show interview in that link - like Bubba even more now.

How far we have come from the Woods era...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DaEvilTwin

big_drive wrote: »
    Any final confirmed list of those taking part?
    http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012046/teetimes/index.html

The quality of the field is only slightly better than the last two years. I suppose the prize fund has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Definitely a better quality field compared to last years. And if this years is anywhere near as good as the last two Opens in Killarney then next years field should be better again.

Just saw there as well that Bill Murray is playing in the pro-am. Bigger draw than Tiger imo. :p

Advertisement