Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt

• 29-03-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anybody tell me which are the best Pitch and Putt courses in Cork? In the long run I would like to take up Golf but I would prefer to practice my game playing Pitch and Putt first. Any advice appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

I would suggest that you are going about it the right way. Pitch and Putt background made all the difference for me when starting golf. Confidence around the greens is everything.

What area are you near in Cork and I should be able to point you in the right direction.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

St Annes in the Northside is kept in great condition.
    It's €100 for the year afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Goonie1

@EauRouge79 - I'm living near the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

St Annes, is good per FB's recommendation - short and long holes which is good.
    Douglas - (on old carrigaline rd) is good, always in good condition.
    ESB - off South Douglas Rd

You have Rocklodge & Lakewood slightly further afield to the west

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Haven't played too many but Blarney is a nice course, Garryduff only average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Goonie1

Thanks guys for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

The ppui.ie website have all the cork affiliated clubs listed. There is also a forum called pitchandputtforum where the lads will be very helpful. Of the courses i've played in Cork St.Annes was a great track. Douglas is very tight and full of tricky slopey greens. Lakewood is not a bad course either but a bit further out the city. Collins is a bit of a mad course to be honest some crazy greens but always in good condition.

Advertisement