Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I cursed?

• 03-02-2012 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

No idea if this is even in the right section but ill give it a go.

In the past 4 years I have had nothing but bad luck i.e money,stress,health, people turning on me,cars constantly needing repair,bad relationships all things like that.

Anything I do to try improve myself just ends up being a disaster so ive got to the point where ive given up and am wondering wether or not im simply cursed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

google "The law of attraction"..its where positive thinking brings positive stuff into your life and negative thinking brings negative stuff(bad luck)..there`s a lot about manifesting which is a bit hard to grasp so you dont have to pay much attention to that if you dont believe it, but the main point of the law is "like attracts like " and vice versa so if you believe you`re cursed then your luck wont change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No, there's no such thing as being 'cursed'. You just have a shíte life. You're not the first person, and won't be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

If you want, I will create you a spirit that will serve as your protector and bringer of good luck.

The price for this is that you must start a blog or post here thanks to the spirit for all the good fortune that befalls you. The more you thank the more greatful the spirit will be.

I will PM you it's name if you want and only you will possess it.

You have nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wingsnfire

Sorry this is a long answer, you can tell I teach sometimes :-)

A lot of people believe in the Evil Eye and also Vodun Hex's. My Nan was always afraid to refuse to buy lucky heather from the gypsy who used to come to Killorglin for the Puck Fair. Me, I was raised with the practising of Hermetic Magick and I really don't believe in good or bad luck. I think that we can effect our environment try and do positive things and positive things will come back at you not because of any kama thing but because when you do something nice for someone and they smile that makes you feel better..I try and see that even very negative events can be used to help you grow or happen to make you change your path.

This concept has seen me through some pretty hairy and dangerous life events often linked to my old job without needing a new liver or a new set of lungs from over indulgence.

That doesn't mean that sometimes it's nice to have a little help, please don't write off the effect of Talisman and Amulets. No one can prove they work but they make you feel better, I wear a silver dragon (the symbol of the Archangel whose Order I was Initiated into) and a cats tooth which has an emotional meaning for me. Do these things do anything? Do they have magickal powers? Come off it, they are objects, but they have meaning to me. The Pentacle or The Seal's of Salomon and other symbols do not have power until you give them power. Exactly the same as with people, things and ideas only have power over you if you let them.

On a practical level this may sound wacky but check the levels of EMF from electrical equipment in your home especially your bedroom as that has an effect on your brain and can effect your emotions. I always try and find a logical or physical reason for everything because even Magick is just control over our environment or cooking using 'interesting' ingredients which can also be called Alchemy.

I have seen the effects on some people who become involved in certain activities because they have seen it on TV or read about it in the internet and then they have problems. That was why I joined up with a group of other practitioners of Rites who have been practising for a long time, with me it is 34 years so far, because sometimes it's hard to get advice from long term practitioners when things go wrong or if something happens that is just plain odd without feeling as if you are the biggest nut job going if you tell someone what is concerning you.

OK lecture over. I hope that I've written something that may help you in some small way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 safarigirl

its life! everyone has ups and downs, sometimes there may seem like no light at the end of the tunnel. think positive. I use to say why do i keep having bad relationships, what have i done to deserve this? Someone said back, its just life, these things happen. Once you accept that you can turn things around and make good things happen for yourself and accept the bad.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

There are 7 billion people world wide and most of them have a worse life than you. So no, you are not cursed, just having a worse time than those immediately around you. Its probably temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

No idea if this is even in the right section but ill give it a go.

In the past 4 years I have had nothing but bad luck i.e money,stress,health, people turning on me,cars constantly needing repair,bad relationships all things like that.

Anything I do to try improve myself just ends up being a disaster so ive got to the point where ive given up and am wondering wether or not im simply cursed.

If it makes you feel any better I get thoughts like that too, My moods swing heavily and they can change very quick without warning almost like a cloud of negativity descending on me..Its a lot to do with depression too but the worst effect is it makes a person not want to bother anymore as its like a fear of future failure comes into play.. But I'v been through a lot of **** in my life and I'm a survivor. Keep the head up man....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

how to change:

accept life on lifes terms
    cheer up.. what you perceive you receive..
    what you resist presists.. change your thinking..
    learn the art of thankfulness and be grateful for what you have..

at least you have cars, girlfriends etc. many dont ...

stop being the victim .. learn to grow and learn..

every lesson brings a blessing... ;o) have you gained strength, have you learned what does not work for you? have you learned anything about yourself through all this bad karma? have you grown spiritually?
    have you matured as a result? from what I can see

YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR?? you are indeed a very lucky person... keep growing my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

kuro_man wrote: »
    There are 7 billion people world wide and most of them have a worse life than you. So no, you are not cursed, just having a worse time than those immediately around you. Its probably temporary.

I agree with Kuro man. If you really think about it your very Fwiggin lucky person going through a sticky patch. Keep ya head up:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi tallaghtmick,
    Try to think back to what happened 4 years ago that sparked it all off. I don't feel you are cursed, but you are stuck in negative thinking that continues to go round and round feeding off the negative thoughts you are now holding and have become part of your everyday life.

Try to see the positives in your life and focus on them. How do you feel about yourself? We are each responsible for what happens in our lives and what we draw into it. Our thoughts are energies and what you put out there comes back to you. You can start small by focusing on the good things such as if it is a nice day or if you have friends and family that you are close to. Focus on your good points and soon your positivity will grow and you will find your outward world will soon come into alignment. Good luck and let us know how you get on. Oh and another point to remember is nothing lasts forever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement