Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

They seem to be on top of it this year, we got our letter this morning to say we will have payment this week. If that happens we had no break in payments as our renewal is the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

TFK wrote: »
    They seem to be on top of it this year, we got our letter this morning to say we will have payment this week. If that happens we had no break in payments as our renewal is the 11th.

Likewise got letter yesterday and no delay

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

our break point is 18th, im hoping for a letter this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

Fis renewals are 2 weeks behind. Got through to them yesterday. Due payment today....looks like I will have to wait!!
    I hope they are not slowly slipping back into the old ways of waiting 4 months for renewals. Last years wait was torture. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Mine renewal was today as well, hope it's only a couple of weeks. I was waiting til March last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

Yes it definitely only a two week delay. It was Christmas week last year when I got mine. I don't mind a week or two of a wait but when it goes into months it gets stressful! I will ring again next week and post here again.

Mine renewal was today as well, hope it's only a couple of weeks. I was waiting til March last year

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Just got my renewal letter, last payment was 19/9/13. First payment tomorrow, arrears to follow shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

3 Weeks behind now, that's worrying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 overthepond

We are still waiting. First applied in July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GillK

Hi All, I've sent my renewal form last week, my renewal date was 11th sept but due to a change in work circumstances around the same time had let it lapse, waiting on new payslips etc. Really hoping they will not take too long, anyone waiting over two/three weeks for renewals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My renewal was 2nd of October and I just got a call from my wife saying the letter has arrived, they've processed the renewal so the payment should be in on Thursday.

2 weeks delay isn't too bad. Last year I was waiting until January (christmas was almost cancelled)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GillK

That"s great, two, three weeks I can cope with, anymore will be big stretch. I was the same last year, waiting til Feb, xmas v. stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Just to confirm what everyone has said, my renewal was 3rd October, got a letter yesterday to say that the first payment would be in the bank today and arrears would follow. The full 3 weeks were there, so happy we didn't have to wait months like previous years :)

Its getting worrying now, a 3week delay. I hope it won't be back to months by next may.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It will be back to approx 1 week delay by the end of next week.September/October is probably the busiest period for processing FIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Anyone know what ye wait time is?? My Fis is up today and dnt want to be waiting ages for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foxlyn1234

Minicopper wrote: »
    Anyone know what ye wait time is?? My Fis is up today and dnt want to be waiting ages for it??

I applied the 7th of September and we missed one payment. It was so quick. Just have all your paperwork. I can't speak for current wait time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Got my letter this morning to say my money was in the bank and all!!! Didn't even miss a payment!!!!

foxlyn1234 wrote: »
    I applied the 7th of September and we missed one payment. It was so quick. Just have all your paperwork. I can't speak for current wait time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

Any delays at the mintue anyone know. My renewal is wednesday hoping it will just continue without being stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Anyone knows how long it takes for a first time application takes to be processed at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

summer10 wrote: »
    How long is the waiting list for family income supplement renewal.

does anyone know how is FIS calculated for second time application, ?? since I have applied initially my salary had increased for a period of 6 months , I did take more hours to cover for a maternity leave, FIS payment has not changed because of that, now I 'm back part time, and my FIS is due for renewal, so I'm on low wage again, and sending in for renewal, how is it going to be calculated, I need to send in my P60.

Thanks in advance

rigu wrote: »
    does anyone know how is FIS calculated for second time application, ?? since I have applied initially my salary had increased for a period of 6 months , I did take more hours to cover for a maternity leave, FIS payment has not changed because of that, now I 'm back part time, and my FIS is due for renewal, so I'm on low wage again, and sending in for renewal, how is it going to be calculated, I need to send in my P60.

Thanks in advance
    They will base it on your 2013 P60.

rigu wrote: »

Thanks in advance

They usually calculate your weekly income on your P60 divided by 52 if your income varied over the year.

What are the waiting times now

ary2good wrote: »
    What are the waiting times now

I hope its short as mine ends the end of may. The renewal was sent out two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Does anyone know what date there on now.mine is up next week so hoping I won't be waiting long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Mine was up today and I sent in my renewal over a month ago. I rang them on Tuesday and she said mine hadn't been looked at yet and that I'd be waiting a few weeks. Hopefully it won't be too long!!

liz2 wrote: »
    Mine was up today and I sent in my renewal over a month ago. I rang them on Tuesday and she said mine hadn't been looked at yet and that I'd be waiting a few weeks. Hopefully it won't be too long!!

Oh no. I was hoping they were up to date. Any idea how long a few weeks is?

They are processing claims that ceased on the 07/05/14 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Oh no I was praying there would be no gap.hope there few weeks is not long.did they say what date there working on at the moment?

Advertisement