Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

1331332333334335337»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

cosmic wrote: »
    I'm the EXACT same as you messrs!

I was down 2lbs tonight and am now at a total loss of 4 stone 5.5lbs. I'm hoping to lose 1.5 this week for my 9th silver 7. Let's hope we both do it!

Well done Cosmic, thats great! Cant wait to get my next SS and my next stone! will be amazing to have 5 stone gone!!! how much more are you hoping to loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Just wondering does anyone know if the dunnes better for you granary bread is 2 slices for 2pp/3pp?

1 point for 1 slice and 2 points for 2 slices :D
    and its tasty 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Has anyone else tried the WW choc and hazelnut frozen desserts! Just had one and it was amazing. Like a whippy ice cream
    Sundae with nuts and choc sauce. 4pp and well worth it. It's very sweet but I loved it.

Friday night and I have 48weeklies left which is good cos I'm off to Galway for the day/night tomorrow so will need the extras. Hope everyone has a nice weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Anyone tips for packed lunches? The only meat I really eat is turkey and don't like fish!! Have been having lettuce peppers cucumber tomatoes and colslaw with rivita for ages but doesn't seem to satisfy me any more and I find I'm munching choc in the afternoon!! Any help would be really appreciated

I know this might sign really simple but I've started having a hard boiled egg with some of my lunches and it really adds some substance for 2 pp. Or a frittata made with two eggs, half med potato, peppers carrot and onion I point it for 6pp u can make it night before and reheat for Lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Up 1lb this week first time I have been up since march and deserved this week, but still annoyed with myself. Need to loose 2lbs to get to the 10 stone bracket which I haven't be at in a long long time but very determined to get there this week so hopefully :) hope everyone has a good weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm so annoyed with myself, ended up having 3 slices of pizza from Dominos this evening, however I didn't have any dinner or lunch for that matter, but still annoyed. I was gonna point it at 15 pp, does that sound right would anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Egypt Melodic Mutant

I'm up and down like a yoyo, just have to be strict and remember that this is possible. I don't know about other people but I need to fool myself into thinking that I'm eating loads, so I'll have a half a melon with breakfast because it takes ages to eat and looks enormous. Today for dinner, I weighed out my 250g of new potatoes (5pp) and shredded them into little 'chips', and fried them in frylight and a half tsp of curry powder. I had them with 250g smoked coley (5pp) and a plate full of green beans.

I'm still full as a tick and that was about 2 hours ago, it was a massive dinner for 10pp and it's free on F&H (I can't do that though, I just go to town on the WW bread/rolls and ham).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

messrs wrote: »
    Well done Cosmic, thats great! Cant wait to get my next SS and my next stone! will be amazing to have 5 stone gone!!! how much more are you hoping to loose?

Thanks! Well done to you too :D

I'm hoping to lose 6 and a half stone in total. 6 stone will being me to my WW goal but my personal goal means losing 6 and a half. I am shocked at how quickly the weight is coming off me. I've only been at it since the start of March. I'm not doing anything other than what I'm supposed to be doing (eating all my points and getting plenty of exercise) so I guess that's just the way it is for me. I expect it to slow down a lot though the closer I get to goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ Alfredo Brief Cove

I'm up and down like a yoyo, just have to be strict and remember that this is possible. I don't know about other people but I need to fool myself into thinking that I'm eating loads.

I know exactly how you feel! I find that when I get board, I'll eat like a horse, for no reason! People tell me not to have certain foods in the house - that's useless as I'll just go out and buy some!

Agree with the fooling your brain thing - it does work. I've reduced the size of my plate and focused on eating those WW jellies when I am board. 1pp per box and they take a while to get through.

Good luck with the rest of the weight loss! Happy to hear that Im not the only person who has to fool themselves with big portions of zero point meals! :P

Hardly drank last night and then decided to get garlic cheese chips. Regretted it straight away. It was not a big portion at all so I counted it as 25. Does anyone know what they are? Still have 12 weeklies left so gonna try just not use those in case the chips were more. Also being very good and saying no to a fry this morning. It's cooking for the others as we speak and it smells so damn good. But I will be strong, just having toast cos i need to save my pp for sunday lunch at my friends house!

• Advertisement

Hardly drank last night and then decided to get garlic cheese chips. Regretted it straight away. It was not a big portion at all so I counted it as 25. Does anyone know what they are? Still have 12 weeklies left so gonna try just not use those in case the chips were more. Also being very good and saying no to a fry this morning. It's cooking for the others as we speak and it smells so damn good. But I will be strong, just having toast cos i need to save my pp for sunday lunch at my friends house!

I'd say you would be safe enough at pointing them at 25 pp. Dont beat yourself up over it, as things like that do happen and we just have to get on with it! Previously in WW when I'd have had something high in points I'd let it ruin my week, but not anymore, as I realised this is a way of life, not a temporary solution..

Was delighted with myself last night, I was watching tv and had the munchies so went in and chopped up a load of fruit and poured a WW yogurt on it, so for only 1pp I was stuffed and it satisfied my sweet craving!

As I've done very little exercise since starting back, I'm going to get out this afternoon with my dog and do a route that I've been told takes 1.5 hours, just to give myself a kick start.. The dog won't know what's hit her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Egypt Melodic Mutant

I know exactly how you feel! I find that when I get board, I'll eat like a horse, for no reason! People tell me not to have certain foods in the house - that's useless as I'll just go out and buy some!

Agree with the fooling your brain thing - it does work. I've reduced the size of my plate and focused on eating those WW jellies when I am board. 1pp per box and they take a while to get through.

Good luck with the rest of the weight loss! Happy to hear that Im not the only person who has to fool themselves with big portions of zero point meals! :P

You're definitely not the only one! Haha I've a special plate, it's a weird shape and it always looks much more full than a round one! Doing well today, finding the fruit great. Also found a great options drink to combat chocolate cravings - it's the limited edition Turkish Delight one and it's 1pp for 3 teaspoons (1 heaped one is enough) not including milk and it genuinely does taste like a melted bar of Turkish Delight!!

Lovely tea this evening - 50g leftover roast chicken (2pp), loads of shredded lettuce, diced beetroot, diced cucumber, chopped spring onion, and garlic bread - a WW petit pain (3pp) chopped into rounds, spray with frylight and sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder and parsley and bake. The whole lot was 5pp or free if you're doing F&H.

Best of luck to everyone this week x

tea.jpg

That tea looks really tasty Shanna, can I have some now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Even after a bad weekend where I ate well, not bad or crap food but good food I still lose 2 pounds last week :)

Starting weight (male) : 17st 13.2lbs
    Height : 6ft 5

Last weight on 9/7/2012 : 16st 4.6lbs

Todays weight : 16st 2.6lbs

Total weight loss : 1st 10.8lbs or 24.8lbs

So happy today after that weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Anyone tips for packed lunches? The only meat I really eat is turkey and don't like fish!! Have been having lettuce peppers cucumber tomatoes and colslaw with rivita for ages but doesn't seem to satisfy me any more and I find I'm munching choc in the afternoon!! Any help would be really appreciated
    Saw this and thought it looked tasty and a bit different http://www.thedailymuse.com/health/the-best-new-way-to-bring-your-lunch/

I am so nervous for WI tomorrow. I just feel really bloated and horrible. I still have my 12 weeklies left and I know I have been good 99% of the time.But I just feel awful. Hate WI when I feel like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tough_cookie

I have 3.5 lbs to get to my goal weight. I'm going to really try my best and make it this week. I'm wondering if I reach my goal weight this week, is it 4 more classes that I need to attend to maintain my weight at the goal weight before I get the gold card?

I'm moving abroad in 6 weeks and I was hoping to get the card before I go.

I am so nervous for WI tomorrow. I just feel really bloated and horrible. I still have my 12 weeklies left and I know I have been good 99% of the time.But I just feel awful. Hate WI when I feel like this.

I'm the same, been reasonably good, but feel very bloated. I'm going to fill up on water in morning to try help the bloating. I really hope I lose something this week! Good luck with your weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

had a bad enough weekend and wasnt all that great 2day either, head is only half in the game, going to a mornin WI 2morrow as im off, goin to walk there and bac (its just over an hour each way) im not lookin forward to it to say the least, im startin to get a bit bored again, not with WW but just in general and thats when im a danger to myself!! im off to florida in october and sooo badly want to be in a bikini over there, but something my head is messing with me, its likr the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other! i just need to prioritise myself and this WW journey for awhile and try to banish all these devilish negative thoughts!!lol
    i also need to plan more, i do well when i plan but its not always easy in my house because my mother doesnt do planning ahead and isnt as strict as i am when it comes to cooking!! must definatly tackle that issue and regain control of the kitchem!!
    FX for the morning!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

This thread has topped the 10,000 post mark (and then some!!) so we need to open a fresh new thread - see here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement