Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a phobia that seriously affects your life?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cickybab

Interesting thread. I got 89 in that test ! !
    I am a Pilot, so I dont have a fear of flying, however I fear lots of other stuff :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

cickybab wrote: »
    Interesting thread. I got 89 in that test ! !
    I am a Pilot, so I dont have a fear of flying, however I fear lots of other stuff :(

That's what I wanna be bur already I'm worrying about speaking into that microphone thing..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

A pilot!! I should hope you dont have a fear of flying!! But u might have some ideas on how to help someone wit that fear?? Like confined spaces as apposed to actual flying!!???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

rustopher wrote: »
    A pilot!! I should hope you dont have a fear of flying!! But u might have some ideas on how to help someone wit that fear?? Like confined spaces as apposed to actual flying!!???

Naw i'm naw feared of flying are you serious! I've been in a plane for 6 and half hours if i was feared i don't think i'd even bother getting in the plane. Its good though because coincidentally my father is training to be a pilot (hes gonny fly about the place in his own plane just for sightseeing etc) and i can train from that. It'll be great being able to fly wherever you want whenever you want. What airline do you work for? Ryanair. bet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Oh God 102....not surprised though :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Used to be 91 two months ago. Scored 77 just recently. That's progress I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

i have a fear of a plane crashing into my house. started around 2yrs ago, took zanax and lustral for around a year then got pregnant and stopped all tablets completely was fine for about 1year. the fear came back recently (when baby was 3months) its worse than before.used to only be at night now its all day im constantly looking at the sky if a plane flys over i have to watch it to see where it goes,i try not to look at the sky incase i see a plane and it spooks me. if a particularly loud or low down plane flys over my whole body freezes and i have a panic attack. ive convinced myself its going to happen and the fear is back because it now its time for it to happen! at the moment it CONTROLS my life. ive recently started taking xanax (which are doing nothing) and stilnoct to sleep (they do work but obv wouldn be taking the during the day) im rambling basically cant seem to find anythin similar on the net, has anyone ever had anything like this?? its runing my life i obv have an anxiety problem i am aware of that, doc suggested hypnotherapy, has anyone tried it and it worked??

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/disorder/liebowitz/

Got 106 guess im one awkward bastard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

LOL only got 10 in the test, don't have any real social phobias. The only one i did mark on it was the one I came in to post about.

Might seem silly to some but i hate public toilets! Id rather not go than use one even to the point where it would be uncomfortable, and if I'm out with my family my sister will just come in with me now or she will go first & give me an assessment of how scary she thinks they will be for me. We laugh about it but i will be properly freaked out walking in.

Also air ducts/vents, id walk around an area than go directly under one, feel proper weird over this one! No idea where it came from but they really freak me out. And when there's a tile missing in a shop roof & it just leaves a black hole!

:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭DeeRottie

Phobia of pregnancy and childbirth. Am married and childless. Will prob be divorced and childless at the rate I'm going!

Advertisement