Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think they use the same calculator as play.com.

HAHA exactly :D

Ya, it's still a great price, 20 euro for an approximate 10 hour game. Gonna be crap waiting for an episode every month. I spose it gives me a chance to catch up to the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Still no sign of this on xbox marketplace...

Can anyone confirm if it is up on PSN yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if it is up on PSN yet?

It is on PSN.
    Downloaded, installed but can't find it. :confused:

Download the trial...

Yupp, I Am Alive caught me with that as well, knew better this time :). Installed, now to get stuck in! The theme is class btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

19389150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I haven't read this(yet), The Walking Dead: Choice Matters:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/25/the-walking-dead-choice-matters/.
    Hey everyone! Hoping you’re all enjoying the zombified fruits of our labor now that the first episode of The Walking Dead arrived just yesterday on PlayStation Network. We’re insanely busy already getting the next episode ready for all of you, but I wanted to pass along this sneak peek at a video that will help explain why all of the choices you make in the first episode will matter from episode to episode, and also all season long.

Want. Now.

Gametrailers posted a psn code for the game on twitter 30 minutes ago. Id say its well gone now tho.

Really liking the game, about half way through and actually care about the characters and what happens them. Very nerve wrecking trying to decide what to say with the timer and the zombie attacks have great suspense.

• Advertisement

Just finished it there. Really enjoyed that.
    This could be the best €20 I've spent in a while.

Some cool decisions to be made that will affect the later episodes which is unfortunate in a way, I'll try to explain, (may not make sense, but here goes) -
    The save I have now should be my save I use for future episodes, carrying over the decisions I made during episode 1(good/bad/whatever). Which is what I want, but I now want to play through again and make different decisions, which I think will overwrite my original playthrough save and will therefore have a different affect.
    Copying is prohibited, so can't copy to a USB and the put it back after extra playthroughs.

EDIT: Has been pointed out that there are three saves - all is good so.

I thought I read in a review today that there were 3 save slots?

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought I read in a review today that there were 3 save slots?

You're right - there are three saves. :D

Finished up last night in the Pharmacy, guess I'm near the end of it. Some brilliant scenes and the story just keeps hitting you with an emotional shovel right in the face! Don't know how it will end but will def replay it. Only bad thing about this is I have to wait a month to play the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Finished up last night in the Pharmacy, guess I'm near the end of it. Some brilliant scenes and the story just keeps hitting you with an emotional shovel right in the face! Don't know how it will end but will def replay it. Only bad thing about this is I have to wait a month to play the next one!

get outta here with your first world problems, some of us have to wait until Friday to even try it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they should make a game out of the mexians taking care of the old people in the first season, it'd be like sim hospital but with added zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

krudler wrote: »
    they should make a game out of the mexians taking care of the old people in the first season, it'd be like sim hospital but with added zombies.

So Zom Hospital?

....I'll get my coat!

Well I won't have to worry about waiting a month for the next episode. By the time I get around to playing it, it'll be on repeat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Every time i start the game a voice in my head says "previously on AMC's the Walking Dead" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could be worse. You could be wondering "Where's Carl?"

Oh man, if Carl turns up I'll feed him to the Z's myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Still can't find it on xbox :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I bet you Carl leaves the house. :mad:

The amount of times i screamed at the TV for the zombies to eat that little gggrrrrr.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Still can't find it on xbox :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not out until tomorrow.

Just finished it there. That was f*cking brilliant. Best fiver you could spend and so glad I paid the 20 for the season pass!

So what were your stats at the end?

I was:
    - Honest with Hershel
    - Saved Duck
    - Sided with Larry (although I really didn't mean to and I hate that old bastard!)
    - Gave Irene the gun (me and only 45% of other players did this, thought it would be more)
    - Saved Carley (but really felt bad for Doug)

Just finished it there. That was f*cking brilliant. Best fiver you could spend and so glad I paid the 20 for the season pass!

Totally agree. Can't wait for some time off work to put in another few playthroughs.

I was:
    - Honest with Hershel
    - Saved Duck
    - Sided with Larry (although I really didn't mean to and I hate that old bastard!)
    - Gave Irene the gun (me and only 45% of other players did this, thought it would be more)

Have two playthroughs done, so have different scenarios saved. These were from my first playthrough.
    Lied to Hershel both times. Tried to save the other lad. Sided with Kenny. Gave Irene the gun. Saved Doug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

only played the trial cause cant afford walking dead right now and i was blown away, by far telltale games best work

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I was:
    - Honest with Hershel
    - Saved Duck
    I didn't give Irene the gun since her shooting it would attract walkers and waste a bullet. I'm guessing that's why most didn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Will get this after all episodes are out so I can burn through them all some Sunday. Really looking forward to it and am glad they went character heavy on it. I enjoyed both the comics and the TV show. With the show I was willing to be a little forgiving as it's so rare to see anything like it serialised.

Meant to ask, which option did ye pick at the start? Can't remember what they were called but one had the prompt and hud info while the other didnt.

I picked the 'no hud' option so didn't see what affect some of my options had. Like, I saw a vid before and when lee chose a a certain line of dialogue, a box came up saying the person has remembered what Lee said.

Anyone play this way? Gonna use this on my 2nd play through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Hmm, I was going to try this on Steam but I only want one episode to see if I like it.. I guess I'll get it on PS3 then.

Advertisement