Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think if you were pricing it up say (to sell) you'd be looking roughly

console - 200
    Fifa - 30
    Wipeout - 25
    8gb card - 25

so 280. So 260 would seem to be a good price like.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Is it possible to connect to that ?

Essentially, if you have..:
    1 Memory card: Reset every time you want to use content from another account
    2+ Cards: Reset once, activate the card on one account (only one account per card), switch the card back if you need to return to the original one; you only need to reset when you first activate it.

This is what I've read, i haven't done it

I'm trying to get some photos on my vita from the PC, but they keep coming up as question marks, is there anyway to convert them or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get some photos on my vita from the PC, but they keep coming up as question marks, is there anyway to convert them or something?

What format are you using? I know Vita saves screenshots as JPEG.

A quick and easy way is to convert them is open em in microsoft paint, and select "Save As" and select your required file type. Otherwise download the free software "GIMP" (Don't let the name fool you, its a free version of photoshop :pac:) and do the same process if paint doesnt have the file type you require

EDIT: 100th post! woot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Just started Metal Gear Peace Walker on the vita. Strangely enough, it still requires you to install content to memory stick, even though its the digital version of the game, not the disk version! In all, it can take up to 2gigs of space.

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »

A quick and easy way is to convert them is open em in microsoft paint, and select "Save As" and select your required file type. Otherwise download the free software "GIMP" (Don't let the name fool you, its a free version of photoshop :pac:) and do the same process if paint doesnt have the file type you require

They're in JPEG like. I'm on a mac, no MS paint :p

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

EJ22 wrote: »

They're in JPEG like. I'm on a mac, no MS paint :p

Aha there's your problem, don't use a mac :P nah in seriousness if they're in Jpeg already then maybe it's a case that their dimensions arent compatible with the vita, that's the only other thing I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I think if you were pricing it up say (to sell) you'd be looking roughly

console - 200
    Fifa - 30
    Wipeout - 25
    8gb card - 25

so 280. So 260 would seem to be a good price like.

I'd be happy to take 300 on it, 210 for the console, 30 for fifa, 25 for wipeout, 25 for 8gb card, travel kit 10, its advertised online for 309 now to allow a bit of leeway for people who will naturally haggle but still no-one is biting.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'd be happy to take 300 on it, 210 for the console, 30 for fifa, 25 for wipeout, 25 for 8gb card, travel kit 10, its advertised online for 309 now to allow a bit of leeway for people who will naturally haggle but still no-one is biting.

Well the shops are selling pre owned vitas for 230, think you'll need a bit more lee way.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

animaX wrote: »
    Just started Metal Gear Peace Walker on the vita. Strangely enough, it still requires you to install content to memory stick, even though its the digital version of the game, not the disk version! In all, it can take up to 2gigs of space.

That's optional - installing it adds audio codecs (talking) during missions; the small one plays the important ones, the larger one plays them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

After my recent case purchase on Amazon, I found this in my suggestions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350534344049

It is a set of 8 attachments for the PS Vita. It consists of:
    - two directional pad overlays [pretty pointless TBH]
    - two convex pads for the analog sticks with added circular ridges for extra grip
    - two concave pads with four raised dots at each point
    - and finally two deeper concave pads with indented dots [my favourites]

They are cheap [like the case, a fiver], but well made and solid.

The pads are easy to put on but difficult to take off [which obviously has both good and bad points] and they really do make the analog sticks easier to use, especially the concave ones.

The directional pads are a bit pointless and require an adhesive pad to stick to the PS Vita so I didn't bother with them.

Overall, well worth it, definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Virtua Tennis today in HMV preowned for €32.95,seems good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Yeah, could be stolen too

Yeah, could be stolen too

I'd say that. You could get 180 for the console alone selling it in a shop, no way its legit.

Velocity should be out today in the store (PS mini). Looks class, definitely getting it. Its not there yet though :(

When's the next new release for vita?

Supremacy MMA is out on the US Store. Haven't seen an EU announcement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Silent Hill Book of Memories was due to be released today but has been put back without notice for a few months it seems :-(

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Supremacy MMA is out on the US Store. Haven't seen an EU announcement yet.

Is there anyway to buy from the US store ?

Sucks :( so the next actual game is disgea, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Next game for me to buy will probably be Resistance... Can't wait for that game...

Also guys, if I buy a new memory card can I load a different account on to it and download the games from there?.. And also can I switch both cards about when I want to switch accounts?.. If so that sounds pretty damn awesome...

FYI - Lumines for £15+2 [€21] for delivery URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006UCJ8CI"]Amazon UK[/URL

I've still got a spare vita here :eek: I completely forgot, Reckon I'l get shut of it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Otacon wrote: »
    delivery is £4 to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tactics Ogre is half price on psn (€9.99), I highly recommend it! Strategy RPG with a surprising amount of story/lore etc.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tactics Ogre is half price on psn (€9.99), I highly recommend it! Strategy RPG with a surprising amount of story/lore etc.

Jesus, I'd almost buy it just to have it (even though I have it on psp and finished it only recently!). Can't recommend this game enough

animaX wrote: »
    Velocity should be out today in the store (PS mini). Looks class, definitely getting it. Its not there yet though :(

Bummer, it's been delayed till May 16th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Disgusted we in Europe don't have a date for Sumioni yet. Looks amazing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/642456-sumioni-demon-arts/images/gs_screen-2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement