Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Airsoft tips and tricks; Keeping your equipment functioning

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭danielfarkas

hi guys, i have 2 tm hi-capa pistol mags and theyre both leaking gas, i have tightened the screw on bottom, still leaking, can it be the part where i put the gas in the valve? i prob need to get a valve key for it, bnut they seem to be tight enough. Anywayz, how to fix? also how to store them?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Don't over tighten, that won't help anything but may wreck the threads, ruining the mag.

First things first, figure out which valve is leaking, fill the mag, then submerge it in water. Be sure to dry it off after.

Once you figure it out, try oiling the valve heavily and leaving a little gas in it to put pressure on the seals. If that doesn't work, try some brake fluid to expand the seals, not working? Do the same but have completely dissasembled the valve and soak the orings for a minute or two (this stuff expands them quickly - Be aware they may not fit afterwards).

Mags can be a pain in the ass, but knowing the above means that with patience you can fix most of them. Storing the mags with oil on the valves and a little gas in them will keep the seals moist and in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

What he said ^^ :)

Also never store a mag full of gas. The seals will give way causing a leak (I found out the hard way :o) . As said keep a tiny bit of gas in the mags to keep a bit of pressure on the seals.

Never keep your mags beside a radiator. Will dry out the seals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sifpils

Just wondering what everyone thinks of using assault rifles in the rain? Does it damage the gun/battery or is it ok as long as it's not dropped into a bucket of water? I've heard different responses before but wanna make sure.
    Firekitten wrote: »
    If I tell you I've swum accross a river, climbed out, and shot someone with an aeg, does that answer your question?

Here it comes in handy to know what kind of gun you have. A 'normal' assault rifle, fine. With electronics in side the gun, like Systema with their voltage regulators/3-burst module, no. My guess is that Firekitten stripped the gun after the game and dried it out, as there is connectors that may corrode over time inside all AEGs.

Last year at Berget in Sweden several teammates took their Systemas offgame and swapped for VFC, TM and whatever they dared to take out in torrential rain. Then Systema again when the rain stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

It was a regular AEG. A classic Army m15a4 Carbine Iirc, been a while Since I had that gun. I didn't strip it and dry it afterwards however, the potentially corodable connectiors, are few and far between, and emersion in fresh water for a short time, would have next to no, and had next to no lasting effects. Salt water... I'd have stripped it however.
    I wouldn't have considered doing it with a PTW or another gun with more complex electronics, though others have. Then agian, PTW owners are usually too concerned with staying out of mud to get near water ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Crazyciano wrote: »
    This forum seems to be just turning into an advertisement for Silicone spray :)

just to mention,charlie has posted something interesting on his QAS retailer site about this 3 in 1 silicone oil everyone seems to be useing,

it has a high petrolium content and therefore is not good for use in aegs.
    i dont know how to put the link here but its in the QAS retailers thread page 200

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055824192&page=200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Does your gun have wandering fps? up and down a little? A quick cheap trick to sort air loss, and raise your fps a little...

Take your barrel and hopup out of the gun. Open the hop unit and slide it off leaving the rubber on. Infront of the knotch that allows the clamp to hold the barrel in (M4 and AK especially) wrap a little electrical tape around to the same diameter as the hop rubber. (May need to add or remove some to get it right)

Now rebuild hop unit, and using a craft knife, cut away the tape that extends out of the front of the hop unit leaving perhaps 1-2mm. the tape thats left should plug the end of the unit, removing the air loss.

5 minute job with good results. Had a gun in recently that was varying from 290-300 fairly eratically. Did this, and it went up to 310, with 1-2fps variance. simples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Had some insulation stripped from wiring on one of my AEG's
    that was in a very awquard spot that did not allow me to put some self amalgamating tape on the wire to repair. I did not want the hassle of opening a gear box to change the whole wireing so I found this stuff.

Liquid insulation Tape (Brush on)
    It touch dries in about 15-20 mins and you use 2-4 coats and the stuff
    is awesome: (cure time is about 4 hours)

http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/Liquid_Tape_-_Electrical_Insulation

displayImage.php?src=liq_tape3.JPG&w=250&h=250

Bought two bottles from ebay store (postage was 3UKP to Ireland)
    One for myself and another for a buddy
    http://stores.ebay.ie/Plastidip-Ltd

I've also used it to seal my deans connections as when using a PEQ box
    the wiring comes out from the hand guard to the PEQ box and the deans connector is exposed.

Even with shrink wrap on it sometimes slips and exposes the metal. This can be used over shrink wrap or insulation tape.

Its also handy if you have damaged threads, or if your flash hider or silencer comes loose or you want to make sure your grub screw stays put.
    Paint a little on the threads and its a bit like thread seal.

The Black stuff dries to a very matt black colour so if you have a rubberized grip or stock that you want to touch up this stuff it great.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

WE 1911 Mags. They are the work of the devil. They hold fook all gas and have a major cool down effect. I was getting fook all shots out of mine. So I done a DIY job...

1. Take the feed lips off by removing this pin.

IMG_2489-1.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg

2. Cut out the a small square from some thin plastic. I used that crap comes with electricle goods. Turns out it is usefull for something!
    It needs to be the same shape as this rubber piece...

IMG_2495.jpg

..and should look something like this. (Note. you could probably make a better job than me :p)

IMG_2494.jpg

Place the piece of plastic you cut out, into the mag. It should sit flush.

IMG_2496.jpg

Place the rubber piece back in...

IMG_2497.jpg

And put the mag back together...

IMG_2488.jpg

You should get more shots from your mag as it makes a better seal with the gun. :) *

*I do not accept any responsibility if you break your pistol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭okeanes

got a new aps ars 103 moddeled m4 . i skermished with it for 4 whole days know . i set my hop up to perfection . and i regret to say ive never really cleaned it . i have cleaned the barrel but NOT with silicone or oil .i dont know how to access some area's of my gun = motor , the hop up and gearbox . i know where the knobs are for setting the hop up but cannot acess anything other than that .

what lubricant should i buy to maintain- my mags, hop up, gear box and barrel .

please help me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

okeanes wrote: »
    got a new aps ars 103 moddeled m4 . i skermished with it for 4 whole days know . i set my hop up to perfection . and i regret to say ive never really cleaned it . i have cleaned the barrel but NOT with silicone or oil .i dont know how to access some area's of my gun = motor , the hop up and gearbox . i know where the knobs are for setting the hop up but cannot acess anything other than that .

what lubricant should i buy to maintain- my mags, hop up, gear box and barrel .

please help me

I'll answer what I know.

For your mags, spray a little silicon oil down the loading nozzle and stand the mag upright on a table or something for a few minutes. The oil will seep into the mag and keep it lubricated. This can be found in some stops and army surplus stores.

For your gearbox, most people use white lithium grease or silicone grease (dielectric grease). These can be found at auto shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭okeanes

thanks. but i still dont know how to get into the gearbox and hop up unit to clean them . do i remove the handguard , batterie and wires and remove the d ring or if not how do i acess them areas .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

thanks. but i still dont know how to get into the gearbox and hop up unit to clean them . do i remove the handguard , batterie and wires and remove the d ring or if not how do i acess them areas .

Gearbox maintenance should be done every 6 months or so. You can do it more regularly if you wish, but realistically 6 months is a good time frame, at least in my opinion. Maintaining your gearbox involves complete disassembly of your rifle - in M4's you typically remove both body pins, the magazine catch, stock tube, pin above trigger, and pistol grip to access the gearbox. If you've only used the gun 4 times, you will not need to go near the gearbox.

All you need to do is clean the barrel. This is all people mean when they say cleaning. You just swap the barrel with non-linting cloth, until clean. Hey presto, excellent results.

You just turn hop off completely, use your cleaning rod with some non linting cloth through it, and perhaps a squirt of silicone oil (small amount to loosen dirt), and run it through the barrel a couple of times. Be gentle the deeper you go (easy now, no double entendre intended) as you risk damaging the hop up rubber. Then run a clean cloth through, and repeat until a piece of cloth comes through clean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Have a read of this it may help, should work on most M4 based AEG's
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056329307

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mtier08

Anybody help me, my son just got a aps asr 103 and it worked for about two mags and just stopped. It is as if there is no battery in it. Any tips would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭AirsoftPlayer

Check the fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Check the fuse

also check if one of the motor connectors came off in the pistol grip from vibrations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

mtier08 wrote: »
    Anybody help me, my son just got a aps asr 103 and it worked for about two mags and just stopped. It is as if there is no battery in it. Any tips would be appreciated

If you bought the new A.P.S. Airsoft rifles (GEN.III), your in bad luck. There's supposed to be a problem with the MOSFET unit where it incorrectly reads the battery's power and the airsoft rifle completely stops. I'm not sure if it locks up the gearbox aswell but theres a video on OddysAirsoft channel on YouTube that'll explain it all. I'll link the video later for you.

Good luck as I was never able to fix my APS ASR 103. It's now lying in the shed somewhere as my new DBoys M4 CQBR has blown me away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Here's the video:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

how should i clean my aeg and my gbb pistol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭brugmand

whats the best gas for my we glock 18c ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

http://www.jokersofairsoft.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=495

would this be a gas to consider? or would it dagage my gun in any way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

brugmand wrote: »
    http://www.jokersofairsoft.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=495

would this be a gas to consider? or would it dagage my gun in any way ?

Its still green gas so it really shouldn't damage your gun if it's used below 5 C which is recommended. The green gas that I linked would be more suitable for these hot days and then if the temperature is cold then the gas you linked might be a better option.

hi i am wondering if the we g18 parts are compatable with tokyo marui parts ?

Advertisement