Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

Since I just posted in the 'bitch' thread and I don't want to act all negative:
    I did better on my Public Admin essay that I had anticipated. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I finished the most painful essay I have ever had to do!!!! Whoooo! I may fail the essay (no sense of false modesty intended) BUT it's bloody well done!! *dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Like I said the Official Bitching Thread, I spent yesterday in UCC.

Now UCC is incredibly pretty and you don't have far to walk to get anywhere and they've a Bagel Bar, Quiznos Subs and Apache Pizza on campus and their lecture halls are great etc... etc...

But the place definitely lacks a certain buzz and the people are definitely not as friendly.
    Thus it makes me feel so grateful I go to UL. :D
    Wouldn't change it for the world despite the fact that UCC would have been an easier choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

snazzy wrote: »
    But the place definitely lacks a certain buzz and the people are definitely not as friendly.
    Thus it makes me feel so grateful I go to UL. :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

All done at last! :D

My last assignment for the semester submitted about 10 minutes ago!

Thats 16 for the semester, and now just 2 exams to sit :)

What a relief to have all that work done...I'm almost excited to be studying and not doing project work! :rolleyes: [Yeah right, who am I kidding] :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Jut finnished my first exam relatively unscathed!!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

the fact i didnt fail my public admin essay!!GET IN!!:D:D:D

Just got another "A" grade in the marketing module for my masters!

I'm a little surprised by it too, but now I have the module passed before sitting the final exam which eases the pressure quite a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Even though i am not looking foward to final year xmas exams, i did ace my exams on the weekend course that im also doing, and on last friday handed in a 50% assignment that had been a cnut to deal with and im somewhat optimistic about my 12:30 exam - ireland and the world economy as although i have not done a whole lotta study for it - my topics i did glance over a re garunteed to come up. Will have to do a lot of study for health sociology in a while though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

nothing to do with ul directly but i just did my cao with ul top with aero engineering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Bigrob wrote: »
    nothing to do with ul directly but i just did my cao with ul top with aero engineering!
    Ooh....good at maths then, and physics.

What are your other choices?

cant get enough of the maths and physics......!!
    i actually have cad engineering in ul down second followed by engineering ucd and physics ucd!
    i'll be so delighted if i got ul, judging by what people write on boards and such it sounds like the place to be!!

thanks for the tip ryanf1!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You'll do very well if you enjoy maths and physics. I know a few people who've done it/are doing it and they seem to enjoy it. There's a trip to Spain involved at some point too AFAIK.

UL is an excellent experience. If you have any questions about student life, post here, or any specific queries you can email one of us in the Union.

Alright thanks guys! Hopefully see you next September!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Bigrob - The Cad and aero courses are pretty much the exact same for 1st and 2nd year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

FYP title and supervisor sorted now i can actually get to work nerdy as it sounds i cant wait to get this done so i can enjoy college

:D

I have already been given 3 module outlines for next semester, so we can prepare for the onslaught in advance...I dont know whether to be happy or sad, so I'm being positive! :)

keep and eye out for a good bitch in a few days time when I see the workload involved :p

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Getting food perks inside in the Paddocks!! Good days!! :-)

And Recommendation Letter from Lecturer that's brilliant! :-)

Waking up at 9am on a Monday and realising that you dont have any college on Mondays! Then turning over, and not getting up until noon :)

Then spending an hour catching up on an assignment, and suddenly all appears a little rosier in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm finally getting somwhere with my Entrepreneurship assignment!!:D

And I have my groups sorted for my other 2 Marketing module projects!

It's all coming together :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mossin wrote: »
    Waking up at 9am on a Monday and realising that you dont have any college on Mondays! Then turning over, and not getting up until noon :)

Then spending an hour catching up on an assignment, and suddenly all appears a little rosier in the garden!

I'm quoting this in the bitch thread. :(

Damn working life.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

SAA got back to me today about a statistic for a new 'An Focal' article. :D It's wonderful when everything comes through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I'm finally getting somwhere with my Entrepreneurship assignment!!:D

And I have my groups sorted for my other 2 Marketing module projects!

It's all coming together :)

Out of curiousity are you in 4th year business?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity are you in 4th year business?

2nd Year :)

Entrepreneurship n Innovation :P

2nd Year :)

Entrepreneurship n Innovation :P

Ah i think i did that last semester. Some of our modules are now done in earlier years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Return of the Champions League to the Stables

One doesn't feel right without the other

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

ahhhhhhhhhhhh........ savage day so far......... one group project down, one to go!!

Getting a 6,000 group proposal in 6 hours before the deadline feels great!

I've also read ahead for a tutorial [which I have never done before] and I'm preparing for my next assignment due next week!

Its amazing what I'll do just to be able to watch the footy on tv tonight! :D

3 hour lecture getting cancelled and being replaced by a 45 min tutorial is superb!

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    3 hour lecture getting cancelled and being replaced by a 45 min tutorial is superb!

Has to be said, that really is epic!

Advertisement