Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I want an Alfa GT..... so 1.9JTD or 2.0JTS???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Well i have spotted another GT, but its not exactly the spec i want, its still nice.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/SPORTIVO/200922192925684/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Well i have spotted another GT, but its not exactly the spec i want, its still nice.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/SPORTIVO/200922192925684/advert?channel=CARS

That's been for sale for ages and I wouldn't have those wheels on the GT.

It does have the BOSE stereo, parking sensors and is the right colour though!

Redsoxfan wrote: »

It was the wheels that were putting me off. I would like the tan leather and white dials too.

I have the tan leather-it does look pretty good alright (but will be harder to keep clean).

You could get a set of GT alloys 17s or 18s for around €500 used. There's also replicas and what are said to be real OEMs available on e-bay.it for a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's for sale for so long because it's overpriced. €15K for a 5 year old one is crazy when you can have a 1 year old for €20k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

I test drove that one and felt that a few things just didn't add up, was tyre kicking at the time so didn't delve in too deep. Have a look by all means but make sure to be careful...

comanche wrote: »
    I test drove that one and felt that a few things just didn't add up, was tyre kicking at the time so didn't delve in too deep. Have a look by all means but make sure to be careful...

I haven't driven the car, or indeed seen it anywhere other than online, but there appear to be a few odd issues with it alright.

I haven't driven the car, or indeed seen it anywhere other than online, but there appear to be a few odd issues with it alright.

care to list the issues :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

vengeance52, not sure if you're interested but I will be putting my GT up for sale soon. Its the 1.9JTDm, 2007 Monza spec. Its ciarsd's ex diesel GT that he was saying he used to own. I had it for sale a while back but took it off due to family bereavement.

I need to look around at what they are going for at the moment but if you want to take a look at my old ad, here's a link to it. I'll be updating it shortly with the new asking price/mileage, etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=74818

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here. Drop me a PM if you think you might be interested.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    vengeance52, not sure if you're interested but I will be putting my GT up for sale soon. Its the 1.9JTDm, 2007 Monza spec. Its ciarsd's ex diesel GT that he was saying he used to own. I had it for sale a while back but took it off due to family bereavement.

I need to look around at what they are going for at the moment but if you want to take a look at my old ad, here's a link to it. I'll be updating it shortly with the new asking price/mileage, etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=74818

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here. Drop me a PM if you think you might be interested.

Oh i saw that ad before and kept an eye on it, and i love the pic of the alfa badge. may just make that the background pic on my phone :D

That is a tasty car, only downside is i was hoping to trade in, cos trying to sell at the mo takes agessssss.

• Advertisement

have you an ad for your Accord? I know a guy in work looking for one around '05 territory.

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here.

For sure I will!

have you an ad for your Accord? I know a guy in work looking for one around '05 territory.

No ad at the moment, as I was planning to trade in, so saw no need for it. So when you get your ad updated I can see whats what :D
    For sure I will!

haha ill hold you to that. ;)

No ad at the moment, as I was planning to trade in, so saw no need for it. So when you get your ad updated I can see whats what :D

PM me the details anyway and I'll pass them on to him. If we get yours sold its one less car to trade on here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sorry to hear of a bereavement Lex :o
    Lex Luthor wrote:

You bet ya. It's the one car in the recent past that I've missed most.
    For sure I will!

Thats a cert anyway!!

PM me the details anyway and I'll pass them on to him. If we get yours sold its one less car to trade on here

You mean if i get it sold its one step closer to me buying yours... haha I like your style. Ill send you on the details when I get the chance.

ciarsd wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of a bereavement Lex :o

You bet ya. It's the one car in the recent past that I've missed most.

Thats a cert anyway!!

I think this Alfa GT is the most endorsed car on boards, maybe it should become a mascot :D

I do like it tho. Very stylish

Have a lot of GT's been sold over the last few weeks as there are none now on Carzone and only a few on CBG? Last time I looked about a month ago there were a few more....

just updated my ad...gonna run it for a week or 2 on adverts.ie, then put it in the national papers. After that if its not sold, I've done a provisional deal for a trade in already, so it'll be with some dealer after that

just updated my ad...gonna run it for a week or 2 on adverts.ie, then put it in the national papers. After that if its not sold, I've done a provisional deal for a trade in already, so it'll be with some dealer after that

damn you. I think that will be out of my price range. Still such a stunning car.

Sure ya dont wanna swap for an accord? :pac:

damn you. I think that will be out of my price range. Still such a stunning car.

Sure ya dont wanna swap for an accord? :pac:

maybe if it was an estate....

I thought the one you were looking at in Laois was about the same money?

• Advertisement

maybe if it was an estate....

I thought the one you were looking at in Laois was about the same money?

not an estate :(

Yea the GT in Laois was the same price, which is why i didnt buy it. Tried to get it for less than 16k but they werent having it. Sold now.

Tried to get it for less than 16k but they werent having it. Sold now.

'06 or older for you then in that price I'm afraid unless you can find a 1.8 or get extremely lucky

well i was planning to buy here and trade in my UK car to a dealer here, which they dont seem to have a prob with.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.9-JTD*/200838190022209/advert?channel=CARS

Currently looking at this and been emailing the dealer in question. I love it. its a Collezione edition and i think it looks stunning.

I think I saw this GT you were looking at from Lismards in work this morning. Was it black with light cream interior leather 08 LS 659?

I think I saw this GT you were looking at from Lismards in work this morning. Was it black with light cream interior leather 08 LS 659?

That sounds like the car. it was gone from all the sites over a week ago. The woman in the place was polite, but she gave me such a terrible trade in price.

That sounds like the car. it was gone from all the sites over a week ago. The woman in the place was polite, but she gave me such a terrible trade in price.

must try and catch the person getting in/out of it next few days and see what they paid for it

must try and catch the person getting in/out of it next few days and see what they paid for it

well if was under 17k, dont tell me, cos ill try then drive down to the show room and leave a flaming bag of poop in the middle of the place.

well if was under 17k, dont tell me, cos ill try then drive down to the show room and leave a flaming bag of poop in the middle of the place.

what would they take cash for it?

what would they take cash for it?

didnt get that far, once i heard the trade in price i lost interest

Great News....

Due to a hopeful change in job, im back chasing after a GT again and i must say....im giddy.

Only thing is ive moved to Ireland, so will be trading in my honda accord against a ROI car.

Ive decided from previous posts to go with the 1.9JTDM engine.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.9-JDM/200945195747817/advert?channel=CARS

This car I have fell in love with. Perfect colour and I love the seats....only prob is the price tag

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.9-D--S/201005196806979/advert?channel=CARS

This is closer to my price range but id rather light grey or the beige leather seats rather then the black.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.9-SPOR/201005196769466/advert?channel=CARS

This is well within budget but higher milage than the others and also black leather seats.

What I want to know, is what work is required at the 60k mark, timing belt etc and whats a rough price and more importantly.....What do ya all think of these GT's

Cheers
    V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The first one was discused in dept here recently, pay close attention to the photo of the front driver's wing where the bumper meets the wing. Looks like it got clipped by something or could indicate accident damage.

Second one looks good though I am not a fan of the aftermarket tint on the windows.

Third doesn't do anything for me, colour looks too dull and those alloy wheels look lost under those arches.

This looks like a nicer example:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201004196720564

Advertisement