Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

borygo77 wrote: »
    Hi lads, did you tryed those cartos from bestshop?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/130-dct-dual-coil-cartomizer-with-hole.html

They are on the way to me and would like to know what I can expect ;) it's my first set with DCT V2 tank and ego-C Twist VV.
    Have never before use vaping stuff.

Load of crap in my experience im afraid! Have a read of this thread and you'll see plenty of reviews and suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

I've been reading a lot already ;) Think the boge ones are best for all ppl using cartos? ;)
    Is there any diffrence between boge when you get them from shop x and shop y ? ;)
    Do you know about any place in Wexford where I can buy stuff? Hate online shopping ;/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The Boge cartos are the same pretty much everywhere, the only thing that may differ is the price, but you won't beat The Best Shops price or boges...10 for 13euro...

Thanks eeloe will see how the one I orderd works and then will order boge from bestshop. Hope it'll help me give up analogs ;)

It definitely will, a good battery matched with a boge carto and a nice juice is a Vaping match made in heaven.

The juice is the hardest part to find, what one person likes, another may hate ya know, everyone's tastes are different!

• Advertisement

Lads another night with reading plenty of reviews ;)
    Now I know that boge soft tips are best to work with tanks. I've got DCT V2 which is smaller one.
    Found here boge cartos http://www.bargainvapour.com/Boge_Cartomizers_Silver/p1274299_7044648.aspx
    But which one should I buy ? Standard or XL version ? Maybe ya know where to find better boge cartos ? ;)
    Thanks for reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

borygo77 wrote: »
    Lads another night with reading plenty of reviews ;)
    Now I know that boge soft tips are best to work with tanks. I've got DCT V2 which is smaller one.
    Found here boge cartos http://www.bargainvapour.com/Boge_Cartomizers_Silver/p1274299_7044648.aspx
    But which one should I buy ? Standard or XL version ? Maybe ya know where to find better boge cartos ? ;)
    Thanks for reply!

XL's for the DCT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

make sure you get a carto punch as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Looks like I have a smiliar question. Are these the correct Boge parts for the
    Smoktech 510 DCT V2 3,5ml

Where is the best for picking up a punch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They look correct, though I'd get the stainless ones.

This arrived yesterday - I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks like it was made specifically for punching carts!
    $(KGrHqJ,!i!E3dSGHHHrBN-jBJ0LBw~~0_1.JPG

edit - you can see better in this item how it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

yes there good, make sure its stainless not black,
    i use a hammer and screw to punch em, check youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Yep, make sure to get the stanless ones.

I got this type of one. Works grand, maybe theres cheaper elsewhere??
    [/QUOTE]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mewso wrote: »
    Cheers folks. What about these in XL? - http://www.bargainvapour.com/Boge_Cartomizers_Silver/p1274299_7044648.aspx - seeing as I'll need the puncher too. Is low resistance best in a DCT? I bought 2 DCTs. One for low res and one for standard but I don't know what the difference is really.

Got my puncher and 10 boge stainless xl today. Punched one put it in and filled with juice, dripped into it too. Burnt taste no matter what. I give up. I'll do without tanks I think. Too much juice just going into these tanks and then wasted.

dont throw it away or sell it yet, bring it down to the vapefest and im sure someone will haev an idea what's going on

mewso wrote: »
    Got my puncher and 10 boge stainless xl today. Punched one put it in and filled with juice, dripped into it too. Burnt taste no matter what. I give up. I'll do without tanks I think. Too much juice just going into these tanks and then wasted.

Yep, same with the first one I got too. Second one seems OK so far - hoping the dud ratio gets lower as we go on!

The thing I find with the boges, if you get a burning taste once, you'll never get rid of it, so try to keep them saturated as much as you can.

That's not to say, the first one wasn't a dud, it very well could of been, but it's just another thing to think of.

With the smaller Boge ones, ezsmoke recommend to drip a good bit of liquid into it and then just leave it for 30 minutes before you use it for the first time.

The second Boge one is going great for me so far - the tank isn't slipping much, so should do me until the jtank arrived.

ive seen people reccomend that alright but I never did that
    as soon as I saw juice dripping out the end i'd vape it. if it was a very thick liquid I'd let it sit for a couple of minutes then drop some more in but 30 minutes? seems way too long.. just covering their arses i'd imagine to stop people driping it half full and vaping

Yeah, that could be the case.

I've no doubt that the first Boge I got is a complete dud and has nothing to do with the preparation, but the second one is going great so far. The punch I got pushes in the side of the cart a little, but does seem to have done the trick.

• Advertisement

I'm Happy vaper from tuesday :) have'nt got real fag since. Useing DCT cartos from thebestshop and also got 5pcs boge ones from bargainvapour but I can't feel any diffrence in them except price ;)
    Its 4th day on DCT original carto and never got burning taste! :)

Ordered also ego vision (CE4) from bargainvapour and it was my last try on these type of tanks! Oh lord, don't try them lads! :) burn, burn and only burn taste from it.

Still waiting for my JTank, but the DCT tank isn't slipping too much with the Boge.

I'm starting to use the lavatube a bit with it - am I right in thinking I should get the higher resistance Boge carts with the LT to get the best result?

honestly im still not entirely sure

a 2ohm boge at 4volts is the same wattage as a 3ohm boge at 4.9 volts
    so... ideally they should be exactly the same?

the battery will drain faster with the 2ohm as at 4 volts it's 2amps whereas the 3ohm at 4.9 volts is 1.63 amps but iun terms of vape quality... i honestly dont know. I suppose they should be exactly the same but.. variables, variables everywhere.

Screw it - doesn't really matter either way, if the lower res Boges are more consistent I'll be a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I usually use the SR boges and find they work very well around 3.9 to 4.2volts depending on what juice I'm using. If you wanted to use them with the ego battery as well you be better to get the lower resistance ones.

Jtank and 10 carts arrived today just in time for holidays so I'll see how I get on.

Tank doesn't look too different from the dct (and seems expensive for what you get) but if it works well and i get a better success rate from the boges, I can live with that!

When you fill the j-tank for a couple of minutes after filling it, be becomes ROCK solid, as in you could catch the PV by the tank, and shake it and throw it around the place, and the tank WILL NOT come off the carto, you'll have to put in a nice bit of force to remove it, that's the difference! :)

no leaks, no fuss..

OK, so the JTank is working pretty well. As you said, it's very secure. I still think it's pricey for what you get; but most my money has been pissed away on consumables that are crap quality.

And on that note, the Boge carts definitely seem to be better quality than the awful Smoktech flanged DCCs. I think I've gotten 2 duds out of 6 or 7, which is a better success rate. Their cheaper price is a bonus too. They do seem pretty noisy though, which is a bit of a pain for my stealth vaping at my desk in work, but if that's the worst thing about them, I'm pretty happy.

The thingy I linked to above is working perfectly for punching the carts so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Samba wrote: »
    Just have one complaint with these, taste wise, vape seems to go muted a little faster than with the other cartos imo, getting 2 days of fresh vape from these and then on the third it starts to get muted and dull, usually that's when I bin them, price, performance and general reliability makes up for this though imo.

AHA!

This has nothing to do with the cartos, my favourite juice appears to be the problem, I experienced no such issues using the blathnaid juice which I suspect has around the same PG/VG content, though halo don't indicate exact ratios. When I was using the Blaithnaid the carto stayed soaked throughout.

I also suspect this could be what caused a lot of problems with other devices I experienced issues with.

The Halo Malibu liquid isn't seeping in through the punched holes properly, despite there being four of them at varying intervals from top to bottom! :confused:

I suspect it could be due to the high sugar content but this is really annoying, might have to consider a different device, try punching mammoth holes (most often big punched holes warps the shape) or using the cartos as normal without the tank, changing juice is not an option.

So anyway, be warned Halo Malibu in tanks is not great. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You'd have a better feed of thick juices if you slotted with a dremel or junior hacksaw.

My problem with sugary juices is the battery end of the carto gets a burnt-on black ring of juice (and the bottom of the foam gets gummed-up), and once that happens, juice tastes like it's being filtered through sugar syrup (because it is).

Hate that.

I yearn for a contact-less, cleanable (Teflon?) atty/carto.

Advertisement