Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 mondeo

• 29-12-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Any ideas if there's a new mondeo out for 2013?

maybe any pics or links please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

New model due around July/Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Google is your friend:

2013_ford_mondeo_51.4kivwamv7nuo8swscww8w0ggo.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Though if I was in the market for a new one I'd be looking towards this right now:

288121232836.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ford have gone down the cat fish mouth route:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Looks very like a jag front grill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Google is your friend:

2013_ford_mondeo_51.4kivwamv7nuo8swscww8w0ggo.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg
    It's an aston martin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

New model due around July/Aug.

I heard later in the year than that. Issues in the Ghent factory are delaying it more than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks very like a jag front grill

Maybe it's the colour/angle of that pic but the front end looks very squashed?

The Mazda 6 ain't bad though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

The wheels do it for me. If I had the money I so would;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

<Insert savage eye Joe Duffy "Geeeeaysus">

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Gorgeous car. I bet if it wasn't for the blue oval badge there would be more hype here about it.

Ford still has an imagine problem - they even admitted this themselves when they introduced the 'new edge' design with the Focus back in the day.

This wouldn't be out of place sitting next to an Audi A5. Not bad for a family saloon..

2013%2BNew%2BFord%2BMondeo%2Bside%2Bview.jpg

Tbh in it's normal Guise the MK2 focus hatch looks dissapointing, the ST/RS variants are really nice though, VW Golf in its standard guise looks alot better.

Fords problem is they skimp on the small things, like in my car which had the head unit from a transit and things like the rear passanger storage cubbys which are just cheap as feck tbh, KIA managed to steal a VW interrior engineer why cant ford ? :p

Then again i don't care about brands i care about individual cars/models

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Ford are taking way too long to get this to market, it is loosing market share in a dwindling sector and the current Mondeo is looking old now. I am not surprised it has been delayed as Ford try to figure out how to beat VW.

Ford are taking way too long to get this to market, it is loosing market share in a dwindling sector and the current Mondeo is looking old now. I am not surprised it has been delayed as Ford try to figure out how to beat VW.

The old Mondeo came out in late 2007, early 2008, so this is the normal life span of a car. The older Passat has been around since 2005 and was only replaced in 2010.

Even the current Mondeo looks every bit as good as the new Passat. The new Mondeo wipes the floor with new conservative-looking Passat. It will probably drive way better too, being a Ford.

This is the point I was making regarding imagine. VW wins in that department, for reasons that are unknown to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

As capable as the current Mondeo is it is simply not desirable, which is what VW is so good at. I suspect that is what Ford is trying to inject at the eleventh hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭useless

Ford Europe is hae....hem... bleeding money. They've recently decided to close their plant in Genk, where the Mondeo was to have been assembled, and move the production to Valencia in Spain. As a result, the "2013" Mondeo (which is itself essentially a "2012" US-market Fusion) won't be available in Europe until 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/28/us-ford-models-idUSBRE8AR0UO20121128
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/mondeo-2013/

useless wrote: »
    Ford Europe is hae....hem... bleeding money. They've recently decided to close their plant in Genk, where the Mondeo was to have been assembled, and move the production to Valencia in Spain. As a result, the "2013" Mondeo (which is itself essentially a "2012" US-market Fusion) won't be available in Europe until 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/28/us-ford-models-idUSBRE8AR0UO20121128
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/mondeo-2013/

Maybe they should move back to Cork.

4499361114_e8118caf8f.jpg

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Maybe they should move back to Cork.

4499361114_e8118caf8f.jpg

Haha surely they have enough problems as it is :pac:

Haha surely they have enough problems as it is :pac:

Langer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

As capable as the current Mondeo is it is simply not desirable, which is what VW is so good at. I suspect that is what Ford is trying to inject at the eleventh hour.

I doubt it tbh. The current car comprehensively thrashed the Passat at the time as a car. The current Passat is a glorified cheap as VW face lift so I'd imagine vw are pretty worried about this car.

I'm sure though the marketing department are working overtime to convince potential customers that they are buying a superior product as always:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭beaner88

When it comes to quality and engineering Ford will never come close to VW. They make cheap saloons for the salesman/rental market.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

beaner88 wrote: »
    When it comes to quality and engineering Ford will never come close to VW. They make cheap saloons for the salesman/rental market.

Yeah, the last 15 years have been proven to be great in that regard...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

New Octavia looks good...... sorry I had to say it.:p

beaner88 wrote: »

So the MK4 Golf was better than the MK1 Focus? Reliability, driving qualities and build quality and the Ford killed it.

How about the 2002 model Passat against the 2001 Mondeo? That model Passat was like a heavy-duty agricultural drive-train that was plagued with reliability problems, and drove like a combine harvester. Yes, the doors had the VW(deceiving) slam 'sound effect' alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

<Ollie> wrote: »
    The old Mondeo came out in late 2007, early 2008, so this is the normal life span of a car. The older Passat has been around since 2005 and was only replaced in 2010.

2010 was only a facelift, more or less the same car since 2005. This mondeo is on a new platform AFAIK. Looks nice, will sell bucket loads too probably.

Advertisement