Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View All Posts in 1 Page?

• 30-08-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

I like to view some of the good, info-y threads on my iPhone when I'm waiting around. There's a set number of posts per page I believe, not sure what the number is? Either way, would be possible to have the option to "View All" entries in a particular thread without dividing them up into pages?

(If there is, feel free to give a slap - I did look around, but could have missed it).

It'd be great to have the option to do that anyway, it'd mean being able to just swipe down on my iPhone, or bang away at the spacebar to be able to read everything, rather than having to click on the next page. Especially as it's painful to try and pinch and zoom into the the page numbers on the phone...half the time I end up clicking on the ad below the page numbers!

Thanks a million, and if this is in the wrong place again, let me know!

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do you have it set to 40 posts per page?
    Or have you tried using the rss functions?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I'll check the RSS function when I get home, I've a few different readers.

The 40 post per page...

*headdesk* - thanks for that. Would it make the forums go bananas if there was an topion for "100 posts" or "All"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I'll check the RSS function when I get home, I've a few different readers.

The 40 post per page...

*headdesk* - thanks for that. Would it make the forums go bananas if there was an topion for "100 posts" or "All"?
    All probably isn't an option, there are threads with 3000+ posts, and some of them are 90% images. Would like to see an increase on the "40" option though

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some threads with no images could be better viewed on threads that can display more than 40, but when images are involved it gets messy. Even viewing the GIF thread can be quite slow sometimes with approx 40 or so in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,133 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is more of a technical issue than a policy one.

Moved to Site Development

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

There are threads with over 100,000 posts in them. An "all" option would be madness.

We may in the future give an option for a number higher than 40 posts per page, but for the moment (read: the next few months at the very least) we have no plans to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Well, the 40 post suggestion definitely helped, but thanks for the reply =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

There is a plug in for FF that will do it for you.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/autopager/

Basically when you get to the end of page one it will load up page two directly underneath it as if it was one continuous page. It only loads the second page when you have scrolled to the bottom of the first so your browser won't crash with massive threads and it works with most sites. There is also a chrome version afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Conor wrote: »
    There are threads with over 100,000 posts in them. An "all" option would be madness.

We may in the future give an option for a number higher than 40 posts per page, but for the moment (read: the next few months at the very least) we have no plans to change it.
    I have seen some feature on other forums where new posts would be loaded while you are reading a thread but I think it was very server intensive. It was handy for very fast moving threads because you wouldn't need to refresh the page.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement