Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Storm 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    WE WILL REBUILD
    with what money

were fuked the storm will wipe us out or the imf, one of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its raining in town......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

It's cold, a bit windy. Some rain. Not really the rainpocalypse I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

End of the fukcing world stuff here. I actually got up and put my cycling gear on. I am off and i hoped to cycle the coast road. To chances of that happening. No wonder Stephen Roche took the drugs option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

My umbrella snapped in half :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The rain is very wet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Get the clothes out in the line, there is mighty drying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

It's warm, dry and calm where I am... indoors.

Weather's for homeless people and squirrels and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Archeron

My umbrella snapped in half :(

The ring came off my pudding can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Just walked past Lidl in Rathmines and they have lots of small sandbags in the entrance lobby of the store. I guess that they are being prudent as they suffered serious flooding last October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ Ember Slimy Backstroke

hdowney wrote: »
    i was too, til the mother told me we are out of cat food. fuuuuuuuuu.... now i must venture out in it to buy said food. where o where did i put my waterproofs!!!

Just put the cat out in that weather for 10 mins. It won't care about food... it will just be happy to be let back in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The cause for concern with this weather system was it stalling over leinster. This would lead to spot flooding, and we all remember the last time the east got flooded. Latest sat pic here: http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

im in the sunny south east its not so sunny but its no treally that gray just over cast and windy... hardly calls for a great storm .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

My umbrella died too :( Ripped the metal bits apart getting off the train in Blackrock.

f*cking government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Archeron wrote: »
    Just seen one of those big commercial 4 wheel wheelie bins rolling down the road in Blanchardstown.

Don't be talking rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Jess16 wrote: »
    Don't be talking rubbish

booooooooooourns

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

beco2010 wrote: »
    with what money

were fuked the storm will wipe us out or the imf, one of them :D

if the imf are still here perhaps the storm will wipe them out :rolleyes:
    Just put the cat out in that weather for 10 mins. It won't care about food... it will just be happy to be let back in again!

the cats will kill me if i put them out in that. i will become the food.
    Snowie wrote: »
    im in the sunny south east its not so sunny but its no treally that gray just over cast and windy... hardly calls for a great storm .....

where are you Snowie, in wicklow it is blowing like a mofo and rainin hard. mind you i am right next to the sea, and the other side is a river. oh joy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Very light rain all morning and a bit windy here in swords co. dublin but I can't imagine any flooding here today as it has being only dribbling down. Can't see much change for the foreseeable day. :o

Looks like this low pressure system is a bit of a weakling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

zenno wrote: »
    Very light rain all morning and a bit windy here in swords co. dublin but I can't imagine any flooding here today as it has being only dribbling down. Can't see much change for the foreseeable day. :o

Looks like this low pressure system is a bit of a weakling.

You had to go and jinx it...... Now it'll be a fucking monsoon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wind - now very strong
    Rain - medium downpour
    North east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

No, you don't understand its finals time for my degree and the flat next door's alarm is sensitive to high winds this can't happening now.

Hmm.. should really get off boards in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hdowney wrote: »

where are you Snowie, in wicklow it is blowing like a mofo and rainin hard. mind you i am right next to the sea, and the other side is a river. oh joy!!

its about force 5 gusting 6 if even I'm 100 meters from the beach! and kinda knocking on the atlantics door...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

saa wrote: »
    No, you don't understand its finals time for my degree and the flat next door's alarm is sensitive to high winds this can't happening now.

Hmm.. should really get off boards in that case.
    Best of luck. Sure you'll play a stormer...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

tallaght, Raining when I went to bed... Still raining.

And I was going to go into toshi station to pick up some power converters. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Getting very very windy now with light drizzle.
    Here just outside Donegal Town.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

In D6W, my rose bush is dead. It was a lovely big one grown up about 12ft high along the kitchen wall. I just looked out a few minutes ago to see it sprawled across the patio. The wind snapped it. I'm not looking forward to walking the dogs either as there seem to be branches and trees coming down along the river path. I'll need a helmet.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

There is a risk of flooding apparently. At times like this, my canoe comes in handy. Just the wind and rain in my face, my portable radio in my pocket and gentily down the stream I go, life is but a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was just outside taking a snap of the local damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

biko wrote: »
    I was just outside taking a snap of the local damage

Where's the rain? You're a liar!

Advertisement