Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Am open on the draft date at the moment, might be worth putting up a poll closer to the time to see what suits people so we get as many as possible in the live draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Am open on the draft date at the moment, might be worth putting up a poll closer to the time to see what suits people so we get as many as possible in the live draft?
    Yea, its best to put a poll up to find the best time to suit all. I'm going to create the league over the weekend and start getting the invites out. I'll know more on the invitation process once I create the league so watch this space...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

The two keeper league drafts are on March 26 and 30 so the 25th works there. 25th is Fine for me. Cheers for setting this up Coeus.

I have created the non-keeper keague and just sent out the league details to the player list above. League settings have changed slightly as I have added a draft date and max teams (of 16). I set draft date of March 27th to avoid the keeper league drafts for now but this can be changed later on to a date and time that suits as many player as possible.

Season Type: Full
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: March 27th
    Max Teams:
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 19, 2012
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
    Min Innings Pitched: 7
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
    Start Scoring on: Week 1 (Mar 28)
    Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
    Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 24 to Oct 3
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
    Divisions: No
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Hey guys, I'm seeing 12 teams registered for the league. Currently there is a schedule in place for everyone to play each other twice (22 week season) followed by a 3 week postseason.

I have set up a poll so we can decide on a draft date and time. I'll leave it open for the week and see what we come up with...
    http://www.doodle.com/83ec9m8ezcv33dgq

To give an indication of how long a draft might take, I just completed a 12 man draft where all players were present. It took just over 90 minutes...

• Advertisement

Come on guys, only 6 responses so far to the draft poll.
    Get your votes in so we can have a draft that gets most amount of people in.

Come on guys, only 6 responses so far to the draft poll.
    Get your votes in so we can have a draft that gets most amount of people in.
    Yea, at the moment 2 times suits all 6 who have voted, thats Thurs 22/3 @ 10 pm and Mon 26/3 @ 10 pm. If it stays like this I'll set the draft for the latter as its closest to the start of the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

sorry about that lads thought I had voted in that poll already. done now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can I join the non-keeper league?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    At the moment the max teams set to 12 and those places have been filled. Its going to be a head-to-head league so an even number of teams is needed for the league.

Somebody else PM'd me wanting in so he still wants to play then sure you can join. I'll PM him now. Otherwise we'll need to recruit from here.

Draft is provisionally set for March 26th @10 PM so there is plenty of time.

• Advertisement

Hey Mike, if the non-keeper ends up being full we have room in the first-year keeper league if you're interested.

You get any good ideas on team to support?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'd like to play as well. I've only watched one baseball game before (game 7 of last year's World Series), but was planning to watch more this year. I'll suck, but thought it would help me get into the game.

Well now we have even numbers

Can me and padraig join so?

Sure ye guys can join. League details are on their way...

Nice one, the more the merrier lads

Is someone still left to sign-up lads? ONly see 13 in the league at the moment.

Coeus - just wondering for the Head-to-Head scoring is it "H2H Each" (if you win a week 6 categories to 4 you're record is 6-4) or "H2H Most" (if you win a week 6 categories to 4 you're record is 1-0)?

Cheers

Coeus - just wondering for the Head-to-Head scoring is it "H2H Each" (if you win a week 6 categories to 4 you're record is 6-4) or "H2H Most" (if you win a week 6 categories to 4 you're record is 1-0)?

Cheers
    Its normal head-to-head which from the above is H2H each. Yahoo uses different terms as 'H2H Most' is called 'Head-toHead one win' in Yahoo. All the league types are explained here.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/brules-07.html

I prefer this type of head-to-head league as even if your having a bad week you can still get some points...

Coeus wrote: »
    Its normal head-to-head which from the above is H2H each. Yahoo uses different terms as 'H2H Most' is called 'Head-toHead one win' in Yahoo. All the league types are explained here.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/brules-07.html

I prefer this type of head-to-head league as even if your having a bad week you can still get some points...

Thanks man. Yeah it's much better than the 'one-win' type, just wanted to check before finalising my draft board. Not that it will make massive impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

i can't seem to find the league, what's the ID on yahoo?

EDIT: Found it and joined.

summerskin wrote: »
    i can't seem to find the league, what's the ID on yahoo?

EDIT: Found it and joined.
    The league is not Public so it wont be searchable.

I see 14 teams signed up now...

• Advertisement

Hey Guys, just a reminder the draft takes place at 10 pm tonight...

Coeus wrote: »
    Hey Guys, just a reminder the draft takes place at 10 pm tonight...

Looking forward to it, have the draft board set and waiting on randomised draft order (apparently 30 mins before) to see what we're looking at.

Game On!

Looking forward to it, have the draft board set and waiting on randomised draft order (apparently 30 mins before) to see what we're looking at.

Game On!
    Yep, the draft order is randomised so we wont know where we are picking until it opens which is 30 mins before. I advise using Firefox as the Yahoo Live draft app works best with that...

Great description of unknown player in Spring Training...
    2012-March-24-17-17-5.jpg

There was a problem
    This league is full. (Error #221)

Lads, any solutions?

I've tried to join just now

Lads, any solutions?

I've tried to join just now
    Oh, the league has 14 players signed up. The number has be even to run a head-to-head league. I thought you had signed up since we are 'full' for the last week :confused:

I can go to 16 but we will need another player before 9.30 tonight...

Did padraig_f sign up?

We asked at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I'll jump in if ye need someone

Did padraig_f sign up?

We asked at the same time
    I didnt check the teams but my guess is that he did as he never posted here to say he couldn't get in.That said I originally sent out t league invite to 16 player so maybe one of those signed up. Did you try to sign up when I sent t PM as there was a space for a few days, think one of t guys posted about it?

• Advertisement

I'll jump in if ye need someone
    Cool, I'l up t league to 16 & sent t league invite. Just make sure ye sign b4 9 so I can finalise t league before t draft...

Advertisement