Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Golf

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Im.Steppo

What about you guys, have you played much?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 GASP gary

Sorry Im.steppo just saw your post. we have played using frisbees occasionally for about a year, different game when played with golf disc, some of which we got in April. I need a lot more practise!

Tournament aim is to be a fun event, while being competitive at the same time. We will be applying the PDGA rules, more as a learning curve for everyone rather than being totally strict with them. We'll get stricter as time goes on.

That's good, playing for fun is the best way, especially if your like me and the disc either lands 10 feet in front of you or in a bush

Hope you are all planning on getting down to GASP on saturday for their first disc golf tournament!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I can't go :(

But I have a few mates in Belfast who are going!

• Advertisement

awww that sucks

glad theres a few ya mates going at least :D :P

Course now ready! Open Friday for practise if anyone wants to play a round.
    Looking forward to seeing some competitive play!

Played the disc golf in new zealand. Was painful then again I'm not into ultimate frisbee so each to their own.

The Kingdom of Mourne Disc Golf Tournament is happening this Saturday 23rd June in Kilbroney Park, Rostrevor, Co Down. Register on day and tee off is at 09:30. 36 hole format, 3 hole tiebreaker if required for top players. Entry is £15, and bunkhouse accommodation is available Fri and Sat night for £12pp. Prizegiving party on Saturday night.
    You can also play in the BDGA Tour event, but this means staying on for round 3 and finals on Sunday, to win the Finn MacCool Trophy.

The 2014 KoM DGT is to be held in Kilbroney Park, Rostrevor on weekend of 14th and 15th June.
    Registration and info available by following these links.
    £10 early bird entry is available up to 16th May.
    A recreational division is open to any novices who haven't played an event before , but would like to try out this great sport.

• Advertisement

Register your interest with Disc Golf NI for news and info about our sport. It is free to become an associate member, and registering will help us show that there is a demand for the provision of disc golf facilities within N Ireland. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe an idea would be to contact the lads at http://www.footgolf-dublin.ie ? It's a football golf place, so you'd be kicking the football to the hole. I'm sure they wouldn't mind extreme frisbee people on one of the quieter days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 denboywalton

lokiloo wrote: »
    The very same Loki! Thanks for the reply. I have been championing disc golf in Ireland for about two years.....(many meetings with many people) but as of yet.....no joy. (I have found a few people who are willing to pay for a course, but it is the land availability (or lack thereof) that is more the problem. I actually sold the idea to the superintendant of the Dublin Parks Department (who is happy to pay for it), but he hasn't committed to any one park yet. (I and he would like to see a course in Phoenix Park but it doesn't fall under his jurisdiction.....and the super from P Park is not interested!) Pity, but I haven't given up hope. I just posted this to see if anyone else was trying the same, so that we could possibly join forces. Obviously, if my dream does come to fruition, the ultimate players (via these forums) will be the first to know....as you lot will be the player base and backbone of it's impending success. If you haven't played disc golf on a nice course (or any course), you really don't know what you are missing, and Ireland just seems so perfect.........fingers crossed.

Loki did you ever get anywhere with this? It would be great to get something going in Dublin.

Advertisement