Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lubuntu Broadcom Question

• 14-04-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just recently after making the move from Xp to Lubuntu on a Dell Inspiron 1501. After hours of meddling I managed to get the issue with the wireless sorted. (Although I tried so many steps I'm still unsure which one did the trick! :rolleyes:). I find it great, laptop has become practically silent while running and is working great for the basics.

My question is as follows and I'd be grateful for the help, I have tried to use a Lubuntu Live USB on another Dell laptop with the same broadcom issue, is it possible to copy a certain set of folders from the laptop that is working and move them across?

I saw it mentioned on another site while searching the initial problem but cannot remember where!

Thanks in advance,

TH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

What do you mean by working set of folders ?

For wireless in ubuntu, if you find the driver isnt working out of the box,

just plug in a ethernet cable, or tether your phones internet connection via usb, and go to the "additional drivers" (system settings > software sources > additional drivers)menu, this will download the wireless driver you need. No hours of meddling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I think what he means is to carry the driver on a usb stick so he wouldn't need an ethernet cable to update the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

Thanks for the replies, yes I mean could I carry it on USB with me, if I didn't have an Ethernet cable where I was trying to sort the issue?

Advertisement