Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive been thinking of making the leap from RMP to HRN for a while now, purely because of the same amount of risk for way less leverage as has been said before, all my RMP are ASX from ages ago before their UK listing, still 40% up though and should be 50% if they mirror Fridays rise on AIM which they usually do.

Im probably going to sell them at open on Monday night (ASX is closed this Monday) and buy HRN on Tuesday when the TSX opens, unless anyone thinks this mini-bull run in RMP has a bit more to go yet? I want to do it soon so I don't get caught with my pants down in between trades and its getting close to news time now.

Good post by Ranger GB on Giftedgenies board tonight:
    RMP have shown significant gains over last 3 trading days but I would
    now be cautious as I feel they are due a pull back/consolidation
    sometime in the next couple of trading days as they are now showing
    'overbought' indicators after the ramptastic feeding frenzy.
    RSI (relative strength indicator) is now 72

I think realistically we will not reach TD until well into mid-April
    and then with final logging and analysis and further testing of any
    HC's in final target before RNS announcement, there is still quite a
    way to go yet. I was just a bit worried Friday that RMP's shareprice
    is being 'Pumped' a bit prematurely, particularly over the last few
    days. Just be cautious next week and because serious games are played
    by the Market Makers at these stages in a drill. It is very usual for
    them to pump up the share-price and whip the private investors into a
    buying frenzy, This can continue for several hours or even several
    days, then all of a sudden the carpet is whipped away by the MM's who
    then suddenly drop the price rapidly and the share price nose-dives,
    it is perpetuated and magnified by panicked PI's who then sell into
    the drop.

I am not saying it will definitely happen on Monday or Tuesday next
    week, but I am very sure it could happen soon. Those that observed
    just a mini example in the rapid fall from 38p to 35p this afternoon
    on level 2 will have seen it was orchestrated by the MM's who wanted
    to replenish their stock.

Here is chart showing that we 'may' bounce back down from 38p
    resistance level,
    http://screencast.com/t/Remo5MS3

Good luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Were you not saying you'd have to wait three days before buying into HRN?

RMPs rise is getting over-heated, i can't see it having more than a day or two before a drop and consolidation. Anyone still holding RMP given RRLs and HRNs market is crazy IMO. HRN gives the same risk with hugely better reward whereas at these prices RRL offers nearly the same reward with almost zero risk. Just a matter of timing to try and get the most out of RMP.

There isn't really any major signs that HRN share price is about to move imminently, and there probably won't be another update for a couple of weeks so i can't see too much movement until then, hard to tell though as it all depends on the seller.

I can phone it in to use the cash instantly, I'm going to do it on Tuesday so. Exciting times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

Posted on iii, worth a read...

Wow, another excellent RNS and limited movement.

C'est la vie - you get used to excellent facts news being ignored after a few years in RRL... )

Investors who STILL can't see what's going on here. can get spiked on RMP for all I care, seriously, I own a few grand of RMP, but I am really surprised by their recent form - unless there has been a massive leak, then RMP are punching dangerously above their weight in the high 30s. I genuinely like a lot of posters here, but anyone prematurely claiming a commercial discovery in Puntland is delusional at best, we are weeks away from knowing where we are are with this beautiful drill, a few RMP holders need to start analysing just where they think they will be if things don't work out (it's an ugly picture). I am still crazily optimistic and the last RNS filled me with yet more confidence, but never get too far ahead of yourselves, guys.... I am currently in Nicaragua, so thus I have seen 'muchus' fat ladies, but none appear to be singing just yet... RRL is underpinned by our P1s, thus I sleep beautifully well at night in this mosquito embracing country.... RMP are fabulous 'IF' we are successful, but the tone on their BB currently is ridiculously dangerous - anyone investing in RMP now at current levels is either very brave or very ######.... )) Time will ultimately tell. For me personally, if RMP breaks 40p next week I will switch my holding fully to RRL. Simply put, because: (Cue ridiculous bullet pointed list)

- Our P1s are worth considerably more than our SP - most companies value themselves based on P1 and P2 reserves,I don't even have to do that to see the ridiculous value proposition that we currently have here on just proven assets.

- Trinidad will be valued at over a billion by the end of the year. Yes, slate me come December, but I still think that holders (especially on this BB) have no clue yet to the value of the Herrera and the UC drills that are fast approaching. Fag packet calculations = over 10p to the SP - per drill for the each Herrera prospect alone (there are multiple, even more since our deal with DL). And the UC layers - my god, anyone not familiar with the geology of the region and the Orinoco belt need to get reading fast...

- Herrera CPR due any day now....

- Offshore Puntland, worth multiples off onshore and RRL free carried until drilling. Seriously, we are worth more than the current SP based just on this monster of a licence. We are talking 20 Billion barrels + here... Ridiculous quantities...

- Colombia, about to kick off it would appear,,,, I think a lot will be surprised by the size of this and the production value currently in place.

- Texas, after yesterdays RNS, I am convinced that we will sell this asset for a minimum of 200M in Q3, perhaps a lot higher depending on the P1s etc....

- Georgia, the black sheep of our portfollio that we ignore a little too much now... ) Second well to kick off shortly, and I am convinced that there is something very dodgy about our P+R announced for the first well , a lot more to that than we know me thinks....

- Tangiers?? I am personally expecting our 5% stake to grow dramatically in the coming weeks....

All is good at RRL currently - don't get bitter when others rise faster than us, our time will come, of that I am more convinced than ever, Patience and beautiful fundamentals will prevail....

Turns out the ASX is open tonight, tempting to go with more RRL or GKP but I'm going to chance it and stick with HRN tomorrow. Is it liquid enough that I'll be able to buy straight away or could I be waiting a good while for my order to get filled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it liquid enough that I'll be able to buy straight away or could I be waiting a good while for my order to get filled?

Depends on how many you want to buy and what you are willing to pay. I bought $16k worth easy. Got half filled @ $1 and the rest @1.01. i.e. it was my first purchase (I assume) that pushed the ask up to by 1c. Level 2 would be handy, but don't have it either.

I wasn't willing to pay more that $1.02 at the time, but if I was, then I could have bought another 10k at $1.02 and so on.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Depends on how many you want to buy and what you are willing to pay. I bought $16k worth easy. Got half filled @ $1 and the rest @1.01. i.e. it was my first purchase (I assume) that pushed the ask up to by 1c. Level 2 would be handy, but don't have it either.

I wasn't willing to pay more that $1.02 at the time, but if I was, then I could have bought another 10k at $1.02 and so on.
    Should be okay so thanks Ollie, Ill be buying just slightly less than that.

Good luck with your purchase Thargor .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Indeed, best of luck Thargor!

Thanks everybody, although I didn't pull the trigger last night when it was looking so strong at the open, then I fell asleep and forgot about it :o

Looking even better today anyway, can't decide whether to go for it tonight or see what it does tomorrow again, would appreciate any opinions.

• Advertisement

Nah I'm definitely selling tonight, 60% profit in a week is good enough for me, if I can get out of RMP tonight and into HRN tomorrow Ill be very happy no matter what happens short term.

Dammit, HRN on the move now, heavy volume aswell, I'm still going to buy tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Man From Delmonte

I managed to pick up a small amount of HRN on friday evening, just 2500 though, was all I had left in my account. They are up a nice % already today.

I hope RRL pick up soon, they are my largest investment so would like to see it turn profitable soon

+22% already on big volume..
    Dammit, HRN on the move now, heavy volume aswell, I'm still going to buy tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

I am absolutely snapping here!!!!!!!!! I have been on the phone all morning trying to get them to organise a trade first thing after lunch and I just know it hasnt gone through!!!!!!!!!

Snapping.................. fcuking brokers are a waste of time, i swear..... I called it at 1.30 last thursday/friday and wanted in before it ran away on me

You know its 12:30 our time opening on the TSX these days thanks to daylight savings? I only realized that an hour ago when someone said it on RUM.

Didnt realise this, wouldnt have made much of a difference in any event. Still a good buy at 1.30 imo, if it even retraced a little I would be happy.

Ollie, you said you would be happy to offload HRN at something close to 1.05 last week?????? we had a deal no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I can see this hitting the $2 mark before the week end. This is going to be big

First half of the switch to HRN went well anyway, sold all my RMP for 53 cent in Oz last night so nearly bang on the peak if RMP are going to retrace a bit now like some people think, looking for 15k HRN at lunch today and if I get that Ill be very happy with how that worked out.

got my 2nd batch Yesterday @ 1.30.

1.34 today. This will reach 2$ soon.

RRL is flat as normal :)
    First half of the switch to HRN went well anyway, sold all my RMP for 53 cent in Oz last night so nearly bang on the peak if RMP are going to retrace a bit now like some people think, looking for 15k HRN at lunch today and if I get that Ill be very happy with how that worked out.

• Advertisement

Hoping for a bit of a pull back at the open from some profit taking after yesterday, only had enough free cash in the trading account for a limit of 1.33 for 15k, what do you think are the chances? I could buy slightly less but I like nice round numbers in my holdings :D

Nice, got 15k @ 1.33, thought I was going to miss it, I have exactly 1 cent cash left in my trading account. Bastard thing will probably retrace now but I dont care as long as Im in before news.

By the way I see from RUM today that its not 12:30 open for HRN on the TSX, it used to be 14:30 now its 13:30 with the clocks going forward.

RMP flying again this morning, how high is it going to go? RRL still flat.

Scratch that, we've broken through 14! Will it hold...

Auction @ 14.5! Pity I seem to be the only one still invested here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Don't feel lonely Thargor, you're not on your own, people are probably jut too excited/nervous as it rushes headlong towards 15.
    Enjoy the run!

Nah I'm not going to get too excited yet, wouldn't surprise me if it dropped off this afternoon or dropped 10% tomorrow morning. Great to see some proper action at last anyway.

Thargor, you are not alone.. I am all in RRL here, good volume 48m so far...
    HRN is $ 1.45.. its all happening..

Nope ur defo not alone. Plenty of rumors which is to be expected the closer We get. Nice volumes which is good to see and talk of rrl turning up their nose at a piece of the MES black as RRL may have first pick of the offshore blocksv. I finally got sorted with horn yesterday so nice to see that off on a positive note

• Advertisement

I took a 40% profit on HRN profit and ran.

Just too high risk for me. I was only trading it (on sentiment) anyway; hoped to get $1.15, but it was looking bullish so let it ran. Knew results weren't imminent, so had time on my side..

Best of luck to all holders. Hope it works out.

Advertisement