Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS update for HTC sensation

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That used to happen to mine, it's sense crashing.

Mine is dog slow a lot of the time now, totally unresponsive fro 10+ seconds some times. really p1ssing me off - I even did a full wipe and restore but it was the same after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zascar wrote: »
    That used to happen to mine, it's sense crashing.

Mine is dog slow a lot of the time now, totally unresponsive fro 10+ seconds some times. really p1ssing me off - I even did a full wipe and restore but it was the same after a few days

Always have at least 70% battery when flashing any new software on Android devices, I once did with about a 30% battery and experienced the type of lag/buggyness that some of you guys are describing......

Sounds like Sense is the problem here tbf, anytime I have had lag issues on any of my HTC phones a factory reset usually sorts it, it has happened where a factory reset did not sort it, in that case I flashed it again through the HTC Ruu, and followed it up with another factory reset and only then was it the end of my lagfest, give it a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I did the reset and now again it's so laggy... Surely there going to have to fix this?? My old desire was 4X more responsive than this? It's becoming basically unusable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I did the reset and now again it's so laggy... Surely there going to have to fix this?? My old desire was 4X more responsive than this? It's becoming basically unusable

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Since the update, what is the average amount of free ram when there are no programs open?

I usually have around 200mb with everything closed according to the task manager... (HTC Sensation XE 02 ICS update ROM fwiw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Anyone still not been updated by Meteor?

I'm wondering if i need to ring them to find out as much as I hate calling their customer services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Can anyone tell me if I can update my htc sensation .its unlocked I'm on 48 network I'm an ex shxte phone owner so I haven't a clue about android phones or sw updates .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Blinkey: you could start by going to the xda developers site. Sme great tips and tutorials there.

tallus wrote: »
    Blinkey: you could start by going to the xda developers site. Sme great tips and tutorials there.

Hey gave them a bash I asked around but to no avail. I noticed they dont seem to reply to any questions . So it's a 👎 for them . I'll just keep looking someone must know .

Hey gave them a bash I asked around but to no avail. I noticed they dont seem to reply to any questions . So it's a 👎 for them . I'll just keep looking someone must know .

If you read the tutorials you should be able to do what you have to do. Tey are usually step by step and well explained.

• Advertisement

Peps anyone know I you can update a htc sensation thats rooted to ics ?

If its already rooted, just download a rom from th xda site ?

If its already rooted, just download a rom from th xda site ?
    Rom .? I haven't a clue when it comes to all this I bought the phone a second hand and think its rooted :confused:I may as well be looking up a donkeys arse .is there a way to have it unrooted so I can download the ics ota update ?

There's. A tutorial on the xda site regarding un-rooting.

Does the phone have clockwork mod installed ?

If it does, and has s off then it would be a fairly simple process to install a rom. I'd recommend the Elegancia ICS rom, I had it on mine and it ran dry well.

There's. A tutorial on the xda site regarding un-rooting.

Does the phone have clockwork mod installed ?

If it does, and has s off then it would be a fairly simple process to install a rom. I'd recommend the Elegancia ICS rom, I had it on mine and it ran dry well.

I'm comming across really thick here but clock work mode ?

Any idea where I could get this done all I want is the phone unrooted so I can install ics :confused:

Ps all I'm going by that the phone is rooted was I used root checker downloaded from market ?

Ok well if it's rooted then it more than likely has clockwork mod already installed.
    Just go to the xda site and download an ICS rom, then follow. The instructions. It's not that hard if you read the instructions. You are not guaranteed ota ICS even if you do unroot, unless you know someone using the same carrier who has received the update.

Ok well if it's rooted then it more than likely has clockwork mod already installed.
    Just go to the xda site and download an ICS rom, then follow. The instructions. It's not that hard if you read the instructions. You are not guaranteed ota ICS even if you do unroot, unless you know someone using the same carrier who has received the update.

How do you mean I'm not guaranteed ota update ? Do you mean because of my carrier ? Or just in General ?

I meant because of your carrier.

If you want to meet up Blinkey I'll do the update / add an ICS rom for you, or maybe a jellybean rom if there's one available.

• Advertisement

If you want to meet up Blinkey I'll do the update / add an ICS rom for you, or maybe a jellybean rom if there's one available.

Really ?

Yea that would be fantastic .

At the moment I don't know where I stand with the phone I'm all over the place

A guy from xda told me to download super user and remove root so I did its still s-off .. I haven't a clue about all this but if you could help that would be brill ?

I heard ics solves the home button screen shot problem as its driving me crazy .

I had the Elegancia ICS rom installed on my sensation and it worked perfectly. It's The rom I'd recommend.

Take a look at the screenshots.

Linky

That looks super duper yea would love it ,you know what your talking about so il go with that :)?

That looks super duper yea would love it ,you know what your talking about so il go with that :)?

Drop me a pm and we can arrange.

Hey tallus just want to give a BIG thank you for all your help you are a life saver I'm just loving my phone now ,it's the must nuts :D

The ics looks fantastic can't stop playing with it lol .

i really appreciate you giving up your evening to work on my phone. there's not many people would do that thanks again. chat soon ;)

Thanks

Terry .

Hey tallus just want to give a BIG thank you for all your help you are a life saver I'm just loving my phone now ,it's the must nuts :D

The ics looks fantastic can't stop playing with it lol .

i really appreciate you giving up your evening to work on my phone. there's not many people would do that thanks again. chat soon ;)

Thanks

Terry .
    Glad to have been of help mate and thanks for the kind words :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spunkmonkey11

Hi people of boards have a question if anyone can help .?

I flashed elegancia sense 4.0 on my htc sensation looks sweet I must say but I did notice there is no action burst in the camera .

Another thing is when I try to use car mode and seems to only happen when I try make a call I get this message ----> unfortunately ,the process android process acore has stopped.

Has anyone any idea if either of these can be sorted .

Thank .

Advertisement