Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians WANTED

• 08-11-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there,

I'm new to this website so forgive me if this thread already exists. I am looking for some talented musicians who would like to work with a female singer/songwriter (me). I have been a one woman band for a long time and recently featured on the Apprentice, my song Sleeping Under the Stars was featured as track 3 on the Fighting Chance Vol. 2 CD in the Irish Daily Mail (22/10/11). I am working on new material but am really keen to start gigging and getting my name out there.

I have been approached by a few venues about playing gigs and this will require musicians, I'd be looking for a drummer, guitarist, bassist and keyboard player. I would sing a combination of covers and original material until I become better known and have a larger portfolio of tracks. We would be promoted under Hannah B or The Hannahbells or something, I am open to suggestions. My style is a bit of everything, my song that was featured on the Apprentice is a jazzy, rhythm & blues number but I like to experiment with all types of music and don't like boxing myself into any specific genres. Eventually I would love to gig with all original songs, but as you all know, that takes time.

I've never done this before so am just trying to find my feet. Based in Waterford I would be looking at musicians in the South East area, 20+. If you'd like to hear my music you can visit www.facebook.com/HannahBFoley84 or check out Hannah B. Foley on soundcloud.

Really appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best
    ~ Hannah B. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Bands & Musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LucasCofaigh

Are you still looking for anyone? I've got about 8 years experience on guitar, have played in a jazz group before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KenpoKol

Keyboard player here.

Let me know if you are still looking and we can chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tahyr

hello . i m a professional guitarist (lead , rhythem) . 10 years experience of session playing . we can talk about working together

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cox

Hi Hannah,

Ian here. I'm 37, based just outside NewRoss but originally from Dalkey. I've been playing bass (live and studio) a long time and have a great set-up. Played original and session music. Into all sorts of music, from John Martyn and Jackson Browne to Spiritualized and Lambchop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tommybah

hi there, im really interested in getting involved, i play a few things and sing quite well, love to collaborate/provid harmonies and ideas and im not a musical nazi- i like to play wth soul!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jayat100

Hi, Hannah I'm available if your looking for a guitarist I have many years experience ....I think I worked with you before in a call centre....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hannah B. Foley

Hello there, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I would really like to start working with a guitarist/keyboard player on some new material asap. I am into all genres, at the moment I have a few ideas for some great singles but just need a creative musician to work with. I've been let down in the past so naturally am a little wary so if you still want to jam please respond asap and we will meet and see how we jam? Thanks guys!

which call centre? AOL or NTL?

jayat100 wrote: »
    Hi, Hannah I'm available if your looking for a guitarist I have many years experience ....I think I worked with you before in a call centre....:D

which call centre?

• Advertisement

tommybah wrote: »
    hi there, im really interested in getting involved, i play a few things and sing quite well, love to collaborate/provid harmonies and ideas and im not a musical nazi- i like to play wth soul!!

where are you based tommy?

Cox wrote: »
    Hi Hannah,

Ian here. I'm 37, based just outside NewRoss but originally from Dalkey. I've been playing bass (live and studio) a long time and have a great set-up. Played original and session music. Into all sorts of music, from John Martyn and Jackson Browne to Spiritualized and Lambchop.

I'm thinking we should meet for a chat? I've a lot of written material that I'd really like to start putting music too.

tahyr wrote: »
    hello . i m a professional guitarist (lead , rhythem) . 10 years experience of session playing . we can talk about working together

where abouts are you based?

KenpoKol wrote: »
    Keyboard player here.

Let me know if you are still looking and we can chat.

I'm trying to learn to keyboard myself at the moment, but I am still looking. Where are you based?

Are you still looking for anyone? I've got about 8 years experience on guitar, have played in a jazz group before.

Hi there, yes I'm still looking, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thegoodwillout

Hi hannah....

Im guitar player/manager of a busy cover band in Waterford... We also have a keyboard player who i've worked with for over a year, we both be interested in working with you... We have gear, practice space, contacts for gigs etc...

PM if interested

i am from waterford . when do u want to jam ?

We should probably meet first, see if we get on?
    tahyr wrote: »
    i am from waterford . when do u want to jam ?

yeah sure .

I sent you a PM, get back to me when you can
    Hi hannah....

Im guitar player/manager of a busy cover band in Waterford... We also have a keyboard player who i've worked with for over a year, we both be interested in working with you... We have gear, practice space, contacts for gigs etc...

PM if interested

• Advertisement

I'm still looking for musicians, please reply or PM as soon as you can. Many thanks

Advertisement