Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creature of the Week List

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

sweet. great idea

The plan is to go through the alphabet (ie: next week is a creature beginning with D, the week after is E etc.) and then start again at A when we get through the first lot. Myself and marco polo will take turns choosing a creature.

And of course, user nominations will be considered (not that there is anything stopping anyone from starting a thread of their own if they want a particular favourite creature of theirs in the spotlight). But, please, try not to nominate creatures which are too well known (ie: T.rex), which everyone already knows loads about.

If people are interested we could make a creature of the month competition where users can vote for their favourite of the creatues. The creatures of the month could then go on to face each other in a creature of the year poll.
    Granted it's late November, so there wont be much choice for 2009, but I still think it might be fun.

diplodocus december :D

Isn't he a bit well known?
    Well, it's marco's turn, so blame him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Down to the final three in the race for selection for next week, no Dinos in the shakeup I'm afraid. :)

dimorphodon december? ;)

Dimetrodon... Diictodon... Dunkleosteus... Devincenzia... Dinictis

So many choices...
    Best stop guessing. I'll only spoil the surprise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nerin wrote: »
    dimorphodon december? ;)

Hmm.. Good suggestion.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Dimetrodon... Diictodon... Dunkleosteus... Devincenzia... Dinictis

So many choices...
    Best stop guessing. I'll only spoil the surprise.

Quiet you. :pac:

There is a great selection alright, I am under so much pressure I almost feel like a should do a Double D December extravaganza.

marco_polo wrote: »

There is a great selection alright, I am under so much pressure I almost feel like a should do a Double D December extravaganza.

Dinosaurs with boobs does not sit well with me...

That said, fo the month that's in it, do you want to stick with D until December is over?

• Advertisement

Dinosaurs with boobs does not sit well with me...

That said, fo the month that's in it, do you want to stick with D until December is over?

No I just forgot it was weekly there for a moment. :o

We do need to pick a creature of the month for November...
    That would be Anomalocaris versus Basilosaurus.

No need for a new thread. Just say who you want to win here on thread.
    Posters place your votes now! (runs until the end of December)

Tough choice so many Ds I would have loved to have written about, especially Dimetrodon. In the end I went with Diprotodon as along with most of the Australian megafauna, it is probably not that well known, and pretty cool in my book.

Oh and it is now 1-0 to Basilosarus for November. :P

marco_polo wrote: »

Oh and it is now 1-0 to Basilosarus for November. :P

Oh yeah? Who voted for him?

Oh yeah? Who voted for him?

*Sticks hand up*

Or should we have one of those fine upstanding gentlemanly abstention agreements, like MP in the House of Commons do from time to time?

Hmmm...... nobody else has voted so far...

basilosaurus for the win! i love breeding them in wildlife park gold!

Apologies for delay on this week's creature. We've been mad busy with the whole Xmas/new year curfuffle.
    Animal F should arrive this evening. Hopefully before the Arsenal game kicks off. If not, it might be another two hours.

Mightn't get to put up H untill tommorrow evening

So, we're doing specific species now huh? :P

I popped in links between Anomalocaris and Hallucigenia's pages (synergy!).

• Advertisement

So, we're doing specific species now huh? :P

I popped in links between Anomalocaris and Hallucigenia's pages (synergy!).

Just a Copypasta malfunction :p

Good idea on the links

Sometimes when Im bored I dig up really old threads and tag the crap out of them. :o

Wont get to post up this week's entry 'til later tonight.

Should get this week's creature up tonight.

So much temptation to try and 'trump' Liopleurodon with 'megalodon' (but that would be cheating...

M will be up tonight. Sorry about the delay but I was sick yesterday.

This weeks cvreature is going to be unveiled tonight.
    I have hiddena clue as to what it is in this thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

This weeks cvreature is going to be unveiled tonight.
    I have hiddena clue as to what it is in this thread! :D

The anticipation! Must....find....clue....

Sorry about the delay with #19. I was going to use saltriosaurus, only to discover it is not a valid genus (not yet at least). The new creature of the week (no longer always weekly 'm sorry to admit) will be up tonight. I've hidden a clue in this very thread as to what it is. :P

• Advertisement

Scratch that, my computer decided to restart to instal updates while I was writing the piece. Everything I wrote is lost, I'm tired and I have work in the morning. I'm going to be too busy to find the time to write it up again until Sunday.

Grr....

Advertisement