Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mommy bear

no bother!We'll get there eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 housetech

my renewal date was the 17th march,feels like it'll never come!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billysgirl

My renewal was 2/2 I rang two weeks ago and was told my file was with an inspector. So I rang last week to see why and was told it would be sorted in the next week or two and that there was no problem with it, it was just a backlog!! I just dont understand how one person says one thing and another says something else, at this stage my bills are building and I'm sick every day with worry. I have had no payment now for 16 weeks, I would not mind if I knew what was happening I could deal with it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Olliedolly

Hi I'm new to this thread.. Just have a question for ye! My renewal date is the 23rd of feb which they are working on at the moment and I was just wondering is it only thurs they put the money into bank.. Nothing today but will I have to wait til this day week r could it go in between now and then.. I c some people have had it n the Acc on sat morns and mons on others.. Do u get a letter before they put it in?? I have only bein on this a year so this is my first year to renew it.. Thanks for all the updates guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 housetech

hi Olliedolly anytime i got mine renewed it was on a thursday,and thats for the past 3 years:):)

• Advertisement

So could u get it in bank anyway.. I thought it was always paid on a Thursday but maybe u can get back money any day.. I seen some got there's on a Saturday morn.. Hope I get it soon.. 12 weeks today n it feels like forever!! Thanks for gettin back to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Olliedolly wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this thread.. Just have a question for ye! My renewal date is the 23rd of feb which they are working on at the moment and I was just wondering is it only thurs they put the money into bank.. Nothing today but will I have to wait til this day week r could it go in between now and then.. I c some people have had it n the Acc on sat morns and mons on others.. Do u get a letter before they put it in?? I have only bein on this a year so this is my first year to renew it.. Thanks for all the updates guys!
    Renewals are only paid on a Thursday but first time applicants can be any week day.No claim will go into the bank at the weekend.

It looking back on this thread people got money on Monday's Wednesday n sat mornings.. So if I'm gonna get it will it b next thurs so??

Quote: Andrex
    I got mine this morning, including the arrears. I'm the 9th feb btw.

I'm the 9th of Feb too and mine was in my bank on Saturday morning too. Happy Days, it felt so good to go to the Post Office and pay off

It looking back on this thread people got money on Monday's Wednesday n sat mornings.. So if I'm gonna get it will it b next thurs so??
    They only started processing 23/2/12 on Monday so it could be up-to another 3 weeks before you receive a payment depending where you are in the queue.

If people are getting a renewal it is only Thursdays.As for the Saturday payment it most likely went in on the Friday as FIS wont go in on a Saturday or it could be a Post office payment that was checked on saturday put could have been there a few days.
    The payment usually has issued before the person receives the confirmation letter.

Does any DSP payments go into an account on a Saturday?

• Advertisement

Don't know but will have to suss out my brother in law he would prob know as he's a CWO and might know a few things... But I was just on to fis there now and she said I'll be sorted by next thurs so that's something..

mum37 wrote: »
    hope u get sorted out soon mommy bear, u have been a great support!!

Just to let you know the great news!Payment in acc this morning!Renewal date was 23 rd Feb so with you being week after me fingers crossed that this time next week you will be back in action!

Lucky u mommy bear.. I cheaked bank at half 6 this morn n Nothing... I cud ave cried:-( is ur first no in ur pps high r low??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

mommy bear wrote: »
    Just to let you know the great news!Payment in acc this morning!Renewal date was 23 rd Feb so with you being week after me fingers crossed that this time next week you will be back in action!
    Aw thanks for update, so happy 4 u!! Ya hope i be sorted soon too. Thanks again:)

Lucky u mommy bear.. I cheaked bank at half 6 this morn n Nothing... I cud ave cried:-( is ur first no in ur pps high r low??

First number is 5.Not sure how low they actually go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LozAnn

I rang today and was told that mine was sorted today so it will go into the bank next Thursday. My date is 23/02...and pps number starts with 5...not sure if they work off the pps number or not..but at least I know I'll have it next week...although I could REALLY do with it this week.
    I have only ever got a payment on a Thursday.
    Also mine has gone down by €7 even though there is no change to hours worked etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

LozAnn wrote: »
    I rang today and was told that mine was sorted today so it will go into the bank next Thursday. My date is 23/02...and pps number starts with 5...not sure if they work off the pps number or not..but at least I know I'll have it next week...although I could REALLY do with it this week.
    I have only ever got a payment on a Thursday.
    Also mine has gone down by €7 even though there is no change to hours worked etc...

Don't understand if there was no change how you could have gone down by €7

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LozAnn

midlands1 wrote: »
    Don't understand if there was no change how you could have gone down by €7

I don't understand it either! My husband works 39 hrs a week for the same hourly rate...doesn't make sense to me either. I'll wait until I get a letter from them and then will appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

LozAnn wrote: »
    I don't understand it either! My husband works 39 hrs a week for the same hourly rate...doesn't make sense to me either. I'll wait until I get a letter from them and then will appeal it.

Mine went down by €7 as well and i'm earning less this year than i did last year with all the cuts and taxes and i don't do overtime so that's not why.

im 13 weeks waiting and will be waiting another 2-3 weeks! My renewal 1/3/12:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

im also the 1/3/12. did you ring and they tell you you would be waiting another 2-3 weeks?

Mum37 u won't feel it now.. I was talking to a really nice woman on Friday and I actually thought I was 23-2 but I'm same as you the 1st-mar and the lady told me it wouldn't be 3 weeks.. Said two the most.. She was so nice and helpful.. I'm 13 weeks this week as well.. Keep me posted n likewise...

thanx olliedollie, hopefully will b soon as i feel like we waiting forever:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

They could do with more staff in FIS. Id say delays in processing claims are a result of the amount of claims there getting, and not the fault of anyone working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

hi all just to let you know our FIS has been approved PPS no started with 7 and we are 23/2 so it shouldn't be too long till they get to march :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billysgirl

billysgirl wrote: »
    My renewal was 2/2 I rang two weeks ago and was told my file was with an inspector. So I rang last week to see why and was told it would be sorted in the next week or two and that there was no problem with it, it was just a backlog!! I just dont understand how one person says one thing and another says something else, at this stage my bills are building and I'm sick every day with worry. I have had no payment now for 16 weeks, I would not mind if I knew what was happening I could deal with it.:(
    Up date, my file was with an inspector he called to me last week and I met up with him on Friday, it was to verify working hours and to confirm with employers I was working the hours stated, I am almost sorted but have been 17 weeks without payment. I hope everyone gets sorted soon this process is difficult and only that I need the payment I would be reluctant to ever apply again. I know there is a surge in applicants but the turn over should be no more than a month max, it is so hard to manage and I know everyone on this blog is suffering and getting into to debt while waiting for the payment to come through. Thanks to all who post here it gives hope when you can read that you are not alone. Thanks to all will keep you posted as other may find themselves in my situation.:)

they have started processing 1/3/12 claims.

whoo hoo thanx yabadadoo, shouldnt b long now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tiddlepops

oh thank god my renewal date is 28/02 .. havent heard anything yet though .. hopefully not much longer :(

• Advertisement

tiddlepops wrote: »
    oh thank god my renewal date is 28/02 .. havent heard anything yet though .. hopefully not much longer :(
    your renewal date cant be the 28/2/12,it is always a Thursday.

Advertisement