Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Sort of a 'yaaaaaaaah' even though it probably shouldn't be.

My uncle was told on Wednesday he had 6-12 months to live, but saw an oncologist earlier today who's starting him on chemo next week, and is looking at at least a year at the moment, which although still horrible, is much better than the 6 months we were initially anticipating. If the treatment's successful, it could give him a few more months just to see things like his son's Communion, and Christmas etc.

When there's nothing else, there's only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Big GAA social on in town tonight. People get very drunk at things like that. Very drunk people get hungry for greasy food. We sell greasy food, so vis a vis we were expecting to be mobbed ,extended our opening time by two hours and all.

but.... and here's the yeahh

They got fed at the social and it was lashing so we got no-one in and we got to close up early.

No dealing with the dregs of humanity tonight for me (drunk people not Gaa people) , no fights, no abuse, no having to throw people out. And tomorrow night we have two bouncers for once. This week just keeps on giving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I feel strangely content today. Sitting in bed trying to study, some nice chilled music and it's raining. I should be stressed about my exams and ridiculous lack of preparation for them.. But I'm not:)

I like the world today, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I was in a car crash last night. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. It was dark and we weren't going very fast, but too fast for the bend we didn't see coming. We drove up on one ditch, managed to swerve out and hit into the opposite one head on, then somehow ended up in the middle of the road perfectly straight but facing the wrong direction. If it wasn't for the seat belt I probably wouldn't be writing this right now, I'd be in hospital or worse. I have never understood shock or how a crash can effect someone so much when no one was hurt, but by god now I do. I don't know where my head is, I'm all over the place and I don't know what to think. I've been going between laughing and crying all day.

The reason this is in YEAHH is that no one was hurt bar scratches, bruises, and quite a lot of shock. It is here because the first car that came along at 1 in the morning helped us so much, because I will always be grateful to the two guys in the nearby house who brought us in for tea, and last but certainly not least, my great friend who we woke up to pick us up, calmed us down, sorted out towing the car, drove us everywhere all day and did everything in his power to help us.

I'm alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My uncle brought me back a packet of mini eggs from new zealand. Seeing as i was craving some chocolate, this is is like the best present EVAR. (well really he forgot to buy me something when he promised he would so stopped in the local shop on the way back from the airport but still, its the thought that counts!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I will always be grateful to the two guys in the nearby house who brought us in for tea

The first car accident I was in also resulted in me getting tea, and some nice biscuits too from a comforting old fella. It was great.

The rubbish part is being a bit frightened to be in a car for a while, but you'll get over that fairly soon.

I never wanted to go to stupid Sligo in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

The first car accident I was in also resulted in me getting tea, and some nice biscuits too from a comforting old fella. It was great.

The rubbish part is being a bit frightened to be in a car for a while, but you'll get over that fairly soon.

I skidded out of control while driving a few weeks back. It's taken me until now to stop being nervous when I sit in the car, and to stop imagining noises while I'm driving.

I also got some nice tea and biscuits out of it. Terrifying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I wiped a stop sign out once, that was a fun conversation with the parents the next morning. :)

didn't really shake me up at all, just made me a little more conscious of my reflexes.

i've misjudged bends at speed and such since but i always seem to manage to save myself. i reckon i trust myself too much there'll come a day when my reflexes fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    I wiped a stop sign out once, that was a fun conversation with the parents the next morning. :)

I just clicked on your sig. Thanks for that -_- :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Must...resist...curiousity...

Must...go...to...bed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Ever since I started medication I've been sleeping like a baby. This must be the best side effect ever. Nothing has turned green and fell off yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nice to see your sleeping pattern is back to normal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Nothing like a five hour chat with your mam to lift your spirits (:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Feel quite accomplished.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Nice to see your sleeping pattern is back to normal :pac:

Hey, I thought 2.30 was quite a reasonable time to go to bed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Yeah, every time I'm in a car and it goes round a bend a wince :o

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Yeah, every time I'm in a car and it goes round a bend a wince :o

Have you ever
    Ever felt like this
    When strange things happen
    Are you going round the twist

Not sure why that came into my head

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I'm off chocolate 2 weeks today! :D Had no idea I had the willpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I skidded out of control while driving a few weeks back. It's taken me until now to stop being nervous when I sit in the car, and to stop imagining noises while I'm driving.

I also got some nice tea and biscuits out of it. Terrifying though.

I took the corner of the main entrance of UL in like 3rd/4th gear the other day and skidded across the other side on the wet surface with my friend in the car. So stupid looking back on it, thank god nobody was on the other side and that I was able to pull it back over quickly.. Christ.. I've got to be more careful..

RHunce wrote: »
    I took the corner of the main entrance of UL in like 3rd/4th gear the other day and skidded across the other side on the wet surface with my friend in the car. So stupid looking back on it, thank god nobody was on the other side and that I was able to pull it back over quickly.. Christ.. I've got to be more careful..

Try my car with traction control off. Its a scary thing O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've definitely become more cautious driving in the last couple of months...nothing puts your mortality in to perspective like a couple of scares on the road!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Today was such a doss. Lovely out.
    Bar a stupid test that I was dreading but act did alright in but since just about everyone else cheated, my scores gonna look crap..

But this is the yay thread.
    So yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I need to post in here more.

Submitted one of my many assignments today, happy enough with how it came out. I'm also pretty much up to date with my portfolio for my practical class and have 3 days work this weekend.

Keeping busy ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Music exam went surprisingly well :D Hit all the high notes that I've been a bit wobbly on in the past, and was allowed pick my own sight reading piece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Music exam went surprisingly well :D Hit all the high notes that I've been a bit wobbly on in the past, and was allowed pick my own sight reading piece!

Lucky! :D I swear they always pick the hardest sight reading piece for me XD

As for my own yaaaaaaaaaahhh, I won a silver medal at the music feis today :') the girl who won it was way older than.me and crazy good, so I'm amazingly happy with 2nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I got a prize of a box of chocolates for a video I made for a presentation!

Think I'm wasted in science, should totes become a film maker 

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

My girlfriend told me that she loved me tonight.

Unreal.

Golden week............. sooooooooooo close.

Now just to find that willpower to go to that lecture I have never been to across that god damn bridge at 9 in the morning. I CAN DO THIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Finished college 3 hours earlier than expected! Lovely start to the weekend. :)

• Advertisement

Golden week............. sooooooooooo close.

Now just to find that willpower to go to that lecture I have never been to across that god damn bridge at 9 in the morning. I CAN DO THIS.

golden week, achieved.

:D

Makes up for RAG week and its disaster.

Advertisement