Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derby Draw

• 30-07-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Draw for the first round of the Derby was made this morning. 22 heats in total, starting this Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Full draw is here:

Irish Greyhound Derby 2012 - 1st Round Draw

Any fancies?

I fancy Skywalker Puma myself, although the value is probably gone on him at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I backed 3 before the start of the comp in the outright market. The first two qualified last nite with a 1st and 3rd in the same heat. I think 3rd place qualifies in rd1 does it?. Power of God 5th in another heat.

Dragon Shield 33/1

Barefoot Allstar 33/1

Power Of God 40/1

How does the prize money work here. Some winners have €0 and some 6th place finishers have €500?. Are these the money amounts for the tournament so far coming into this round?.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the one who are knocked out get 500 the others will run next saturday

Ah ok.
    Right so ive gone again on 2 to see can i get a sweat in the final!.

Cuil Cougar @ 16/1
    Irish Greyhound Derby - Shelbourne
    Outright Betting
    Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €170.00

Camas @ 20/1
    Irish Greyhound Derby - Shelbourne
    Outright Betting
    Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €210.00

Got my two bitches into the semis. So impressive were they that Cuil Cougar is into 10/1 and Camas is into 16/1.

• Advertisement

Going to get a sweat out of it anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i always bet each way out in derbys . Sugar ray is in final so im up a bit whatever

your right really but my stakes werent that high so just decided to let it ride. Has the making of a cracking final if there isnt carnage on the first bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Tinytony wrote: »

I fancy Skywalker Puma myself, although the value is probably gone on him at this stage.

:cool: :cool:

Should be cracking race on Saturday night, despite standing to collect a nice few quid if Skywalker wins, I think Camas could be value in the race at 12/1.
    Should get a clear run around the first bend and if there is carnage at that who knows what might happen.

Irish Derby Final Draw & Betting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Tinytony wrote: »

Well spotted! Puma ran a great race, as did Sparta Maestro in the 600, knocking 10 spots off the Track Record. Great night's racing, great crowd, well run night. Well done to the O'Donnell kennel on their win and to Shelbourne management on a slick, well run night's entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Saw it on the TV - the place looked absolutely packed. I haven't seen it like that in ages. A great night's racing.

bleedin sick!

Advertisement