Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR Queries, Questions, Advice, etc

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

What kind of editing software do you all find easiest to use? I'm looking to learn how to edit my recorded game play for youtube. So what Free or paid for software would you recommend for a beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

kevovek wrote: »
    What kind of editing software do you all find easiest to use? I'm looking to learn how to edit my recorded game play for youtube. So what Free or paid for software would you recommend for a beginner?

Not sure for a beginner but I use Adobe After Effects CS6 for nearly all my video editing. It's probably not the best tool for some situations but I use it so much I adapt it to suit nearly any form of editing I need.
    Great piece of software but not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Looks good but definitely out of my price range might get the trial anyway. Seen adobe premiere recommended as well, having a look at sony vegas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Hey guy. 2 questions:

1) are there any HD recorders that you dont need to connect to a computer while recording? kinda like something with a built in hard drive/memory card that you connect to a console when recording. And then connect to a computer for editing/uploading?

2)if your computer is located ~10m from your console would you be able to use an elgato with a long usb to connect to computer? would you lose any quality with the long usb connection?

thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

cookie24 wrote: »
    Hey guy. 2 questions:

1) are there any HD recorders that you dont need to connect to a computer while recording? kinda like something with a built in hard drive/memory card that you connect to a console when recording. And then connect to a computer for editing/uploading?

2)if your computer is located ~10m from your console would you be able to use an elgato with a long usb to connect to computer? would you lose any quality with the long usb connection?

thanks

1) Avermedia do a range of them! the avermedia LGP even records to memory card.

That said, I always consider this an inelegant solution as you never know if it's recording right...

2) I can't see it being a problem tbh, but I've never checked. It's a digital signal, it should either work or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

Any ideas on how to create a decent title sequence for my vids ?

Advertisement