Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Cake Boards

• 30-05-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi
    Where is the cheapest place to buy cake boards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I found sqires kitchen online pretty cheap for them, cheaper than kitchen compliments!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'm sure I saw some in a 2 Euro shop the other day, worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Thanks for the replies.

I tried a 2euro store today and two other random 'pound' shops but no luck.

Regarding squires kitchen - how are they for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Try bakeries. Sometimes you can buy or order cake boards there.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Try www.cake-stuff.co.uk , not too bad on postage but watch the weight of the items. I think they're probably the cheapest web site for most items. I've also emailed www.decobake.com for prices, Decobake is an Irish company and is very reasonable for roll out icing, so I'm hoping their prices for cake boards is reasonable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Conaty's Catering Supplies in Navan sold me a pack of 10" round boards for €8or something like that. 5 in the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I get mine from Decobake and a random local shop that stocks everything, ridiculously cheap boards, it's great.

Where abouts is Decobake Spadina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's in Kildare, think it's in Clane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

The business park on the Kilcock road in Clane. Open Saturday's 10-4. Special opening offer on Renshaws Brilliant White Fondant 5kg - €11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Star J

Hi all - does anyone know of any other sites/shops to buy cake boxes & boards? Or are the ones mentioned above the best options?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Heatons, Home Store & More, Larger Tescos...:) If just for home baking. Not sure about cheapest if you are doing batches of cakes.

Heatons had them for a Euro

Thanks for that - They're so expensive in most shops & much cheaper online - I'd prefer to test out the online ones before buying them in bulk...

Excellent thanks - I'll drop them a mail. It'll make baking so much cheaper to source the boxes & boards on line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

http://www.griffinfoods.ie/deco/92-boards.html , good value depending on how many you need, if your having them delivered there is a 10 euro delivery charge. They also do cake boxes and plenty of other stuff in bulk. Friendly & easy to deal with also.

Advertisement