Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Honor Wrestlemania Weekend shows (Not quite in Miami though)

• 18-08-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Ring of Honor officials are very excited to announce that the contracts have been finalized, the details sorted out, and in 2012 we will make our highly anticipated return to the Sunshine State!

As has become traditional during wrestling’s biggest weekend, ROH will present two live events to the ROH faithful, this time emanating from one of Florida’s historic wrestling venues, the War Memorial Auditorium in Fort Lauderdale (800 NE 8th Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304)! This venue has played host to exciting events for years, and now Ring of Honor will bring to it the best pro wrestling in the world today on Friday night March 30, 2012 & Saturday afternoon March 31st, 2012.

We invite all our fans, not only those from Florida, but those visiting from around the world, to come see what real professional wrestling is all about. And for those who can’t be in attendance live, we are also happy to announce that BOTH events will be presented live on iPPV!

Tickets for both of these events will go on sale Friday, September 9th at 10AM EST right here at ROHWrestling.com and also at Ticketmaster. Keep an eye on the site for talent announcements, matches, and all the details on the iPPV as the events get closer. Don’t miss out on the best wrestling on the planet when ROH shows the world what true professional wrestling is all about!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ClassicsGuy

Damn, those shows are being held 30 miles away from downtown Miami.

Public transport is somewhat iffy.

http://www.tri-rail.com/rider_info/stm_wday.asp

Based on the Saturday afternoon show, presuming it starts 1pm until 4pm like it did in Atlanta this year, from what I can gather, you can get a 40 minute train from Miami Airport Train Station to Fort Lauderdale, and the War Memorial Auditorium is only a 9 minute taxi ride/4 miles away from Fort Lauderdale Station. Only problem is that the trains only leave Miami every 2 hours, so that's either the 10am train and get there very early, or the 12noon train and be cutting it fine. Coming back, the trains from Fort Lauderdale to Miami are the same, every 2 hours, and the only possible train would be the 4:56pm train. You would get back into Miami for 6pm, so you'd get back in time for the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony that night if you wish.

Train fare is VERY cheap too, a return train fare is just $5 (yes FIVE dollars)!

Friday night wouldn't be possible by train though, as the last train back from Fort Lauderdale to Miami leaves at 9:45pm.

If you do it by taxi, you'd be looking at least $60+.

I suppose you could hire a car if you really were desperate.

Just makes me appreciate how awesome everything was in Atlanta earlier this year with everything so close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Escarx85

Crap, I was expecting to go to the ROH show, but I don't plan to travel that far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Had a great time at both ROH shows in Atlanta but they were a couple of train stops away,Too much trouble to be worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swift8933

Really disappointing that it's so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

the guys behind Ifiwm - International Fans Invading Wrestlemania want to see if anyone is interested in a bustrip https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ifiwm-International-Fans-Invading-Wrestlemania/202582073131632

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

my idea is to stay in ft lauderdale and then go to miami sat night and stay the rest of the trip there

also this sucks tickets for this goes on sale the same day as Surivior series tickets go on sale,have to buy front rows for roh and ss tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RedWhiteBlack

This mini-bus really needs to happen! Otherwise I'll just get the train to the Friday show and catch a cab back, hoping I can find someone to share the fare with.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Maybe renting a car for one day would be cheaper than cab there. I will be renting a car for my full vacation from Orlando.

BTW Yesterday I secured and paid my family front row tickets for ROH friday and saturday shows (Throught a friend with early purchase rights ;)) . They will be $90 and might include a meet and greet.

Initium wrote: »
    Maybe renting a car for one day would be cheaper than cab there. I will be renting a car for my full vacation from Orlando.

BTW Yesterday I secured and paid my family front row tickets for ROH friday and saturday shows (Throught a friend with early purchase rights ;)) . They will be $90 and might include a meet and greet.

It is 90 I spoke to Cary earlier this week and asked him the prices

Also may I ask who your friend is?never heard of Roh selling tickets early even to friends,And this is coming from some one who goes to all the NYC shows and sit front row and knows the staff personally as well

• Advertisement

I don´t want to give his name out here but if you go to all NYC shows I´m sure you already know him and his people, he has been going to wrestling shows for decades and he is really good friend with all the ROH staff and wrestlers.

I don´t want to give his name out here but if you go to all NYC shows I´m sure you already know him and his people, he has been going to wrestling shows for decades and he is really good friend with all the ROH staff and wrestlers.

Um not even people in NYC gets tickets early,everyone that sits front row are the same people that buy large quanity at once for the next show.

The only gut that knows the staff is that dude with the glasses for got his name but he also buys larger quanitys and re sell them just like every other regular customer

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »
    Um not even people in NYC gets tickets early,everyone that sits front row are the same people that buy large quanity at once for the next show.

The only gut that knows the staff is that dude with the glasses for got his name but he also buys larger quanitys and re sell them just like every other regular customer
    You were fast! ;) He usually pay for our tickets in advance and later we give him the money. He also usually hosts some parties after or before the shows, but whatever, with the new management in ROH this will be the last time he has early purchasing privileges :(

Rud3Bwoy wrote: »

You were fast! ;) He usually pay for our tickets in advance and later we give him the money. He also usually hosts some parties after or before the shows, but whatever, with the new management in ROH this will be the last time he has early purchasing privileges :(

Yea I know him I bought a extra ticket off him before

Last time he was hella wasted in NYC lol

hey i was told only TM master would be selling the tickets now

not roh website anymore ONLY TICKETMASTER before it was both roh website and tm which one of my friends seen a update on roh website

which sucks because we will be slapped with a nice service charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

roh and dgusa will prob still be available close to the date to be honest

jmolloy wrote: »
    roh and dgusa will prob still be available close to the date to be honest

yea but good seats won't,i always sit front row for all nyc shows and mania shows and i have to get front row!i can't see my self sitting else where for a roh event ever

ok i can confirm it is only TICKETMASTER.COM SALES NO RING OF HONOR.COM SALES LIKE THEY STATED BEFORE

I GUESS THEY CHANGED THINGS,IT IS ON THERE NEWSWIRE

so the tickets for tm is up for ring of honor of course it is not for sale yet,but the seating chart etc is up there

of course 10am edt tomorrow good luck!

Section 3 Row A Seats 8 - 9 for fri

what did everyone get for mania weekend tickets

Section 3 Row A Seats 10-11 for sat

• Advertisement

tickets got shipped in the mail yesterday should be here tomorrow/sat or sometime next week

Well i got some nice spot footages front row from the ladder war 3 and other events

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ROHNYC/

join if you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 the_guy

gutted. gonna miss ROH this year as im getting in to miami on the afternoon of 31 march

selling both my front row tickets to the show sat and fri can't make it,asking face value and shipping

also,have it listed on stubhub but for 118 if u rather buy there,

also mania ticket 116 row 4 for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Hey all...I was thinking since ROH is WAY out in the sticks we could maybe all meet up and go together as a group for the sat show (the friday one seems completely unfeasible, unless you want to stay there of course). So, the train idea sounds great and as a group we could all get into the spirit of things and get the train out together.

Advertisement