Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Interruption!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

mickd wrote:
    Funny all the threads I read on boards comdemning scumbag behaviour and here we have this one celebrating it. Some country alright. Needless to say I am no fan of Plank but you are either for this behaviour or against it.
    I wouldn't quite call it scumbag behaviour, the guy just drunk, not violent,and it livened the show up a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Lump wrote:

No surprise if he didn't hurt anyone, there's not much he can be charged with he was just arrested ala Jarvis Cocker and the Micheal Jackson incident,

Aside; My favourite part of that story, is that after being manhandled off stage by security Jackson's people wanted Cocker charged with assault, claiming he hit the kids surrounding Jackson. As Cocker sat in the cells, his "solicitor" arrived. Vic Reeves. Who's a qualified solicitor, and got the charges dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

What the Dublin man in his 50s did last night has opened discussion on the national airwaves about Pat Kenny's performance. He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) to expand on his points and Jimmy Carr can weigh in as well. Pat and one of his producers can offer opposition. :rolleyes:

It'd be some telly!

That discussion has been running for 10 years at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

mickd wrote:
    That discussion has been running for 10 years at least!

Except not on the one national forum where important matters are supposed to be discussed - the Late Late!

It has to be said though, Pat did well. He could have lashed out at this "scum" - as he has called such people (i.e people who think he's terrible) on Today in the past. He's never been animated anyway, but he remained calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,952 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

...He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) ...

They could dress him up as santa for the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Diogenes wrote:
    Theres no security to review. They rely on junior producers to screen the crowd. Doesn't help that theres a bar before the show.
    But surely the barstaff would stop giving drinks when its obvious someones had enough?And how can a guy wander down from the audience,past all the sound technicians and camermen without being noticed:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Its not a 'bar' really, its a makeshift table out the back of the studio with just wine, all layed out in classy plastic cups. When I was there I noticed it would have been very easy for somebody to grab quite a few cups of wine before the show without anybody taking much notice, they have you waiting there for a good hour before the show starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

god bless that mystery man. Pity he was apparently drunk as a skunk when he did it but irregardless it always does my heart good to occasionally see people stand up and stick one in the eye of these sacred cows.

Hopefully this is a snowflake that starts an avalance and that train-wreck of a tv show will be off the air within the year.

I'm against the idea of axing the Late Late, it's a strong brand with potential. It's in dire need of a revamp though.

Fair fecks to Parasite - Dara O'Briain told Ryan Tubridy earlier that he and several others gathered around a PC at a dinner party in London to watch the tirade on Youtube about an hour after it happened. "That's how fast the media works nowadays," he added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anybody see the profile of this madman/genius on tomorrows Sunday Indo?

He has some idea regarding "black box" technology that will eliminate all road deaths and accidents, and he wants to sell his idea for €5m. It involves every car having an onboard computer and "fly-by-wire" technology. Recently he has blocked the front doors of the National Road Safety Authority with his car, and he is the father of a member of the Late Late crew.

Apparently it took 8 Gardaí to remove him from RTE, and instead of a mouth he has four arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anybody see the profile of this madman/genius on tomorrows Sunday Indo?

He has some idea regarding "black box" technology that will eliminate all road deaths and accidents, and he wants to sell his idea for €5m. It involves every car having an onboard computer and "fly-by-wire" technology. Recently he has blocked the front doors of the National Road Safety Authority with his car, and he is the father of a member of the Late Late crew.

Apparently it took 8 Gardaí to remove him from RTE, and instead of a mouth he has four arses.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

When that councillor from Tipperary admitted to drinking after a few pints, he was rightly condemned.

Drinking after a few pints :eek: , the man should be shot !!!

obviously Milktrolley meant driving not drinking .

Woops... :o

Post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

i'd say brendan had a great laugh

I think Brendan is a ****head, it's a pity that your man didn't start there.

What the **** are you doing on the Late Late Brendan, what did you say some hugely ****ing funny in last weeks Sunday Indo?

If I had been Pat, I would have asked the man to sit down with the other non-entities I am interviewing, he might have something more to say then Linda Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

god she was all over the papers and airwaves today "feared for her life" i'd never fear for my life when a drunk looks like he was going to knock the block of the guy sitting 5 yards away and not me, now fearing pat would get a slap in that situation would be normal, but fearing for your own life; get off the stage, someone loves themselves, the drunk guy probably didn't even know who she was

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lump wrote:
    Quick...head to that story now before RTE edit it...there's a very funny typo regarding the name of the show that Linda Martin is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...and fancy RTE letting a dangerous lunatic onto the set of the Late Late.

I am of course referring to Michael Stone.

Fair play to the other guy invading the set. Hopefully it will drive viewing figures up and Pat will make it a regular slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ha, that's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

RT&#201 wrote:
    The You're a Show judge said: 'I really don't know what was in his mind.

Quoted for posterity.

It would have been even funnier (and possibly even more accurate) had they managed to leave the "H" out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

I believe a file has been prepared for the DPP and that the interrupter is released.

The interrupter has not been charged with anything yet - and may never be - so we have time to talk before this becomes sub judice.......

Mind you if he is charged I really hope that he can opt for a trial before a judge and jury in the Circuit Criminal Court. You could sell tickets for that.

If the interuppter is convicted of something arising out of this what penalties do we think that should he suffer ?

1. Community service maybe ? Make him sit in the Late Late audience from now until the end of the current season !

2. Give him a show on Newstalk at the same time as Kenny is on RTE Rradio 1 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

AnnaStezia wrote:
    If the interuppter is convicted of something arising out of this what penalties do we think that should he suffer ?

1. Community service maybe ? Make him sit in the Late Late audience from now until the end of the current season !

made me laugh :D

Wertz wrote:
    Quoted for posterity.

It would have been even funnier (and possibly even more accurate) had they managed to leave the "H" out...

They had the same typo on Aertel as well. Or should that be RTÉ Aertel? F***ing branding... Anyway, that's what happens when you copy and paste, without paying attention to what it is that you're copying and pasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Pimp my petition - its to get rid of Pat he is insufferable

MODEDIT: URL removed. No pimping. You've already posted your petition on another thread. Once is enough. First and last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

They had the same typo on Aertel as well. Or should that be RTÉ Aertel? F***ing branding... Anyway, that's what happens when you copy and paste, without paying attention to what it is that you're copying and pasting.

I think it was more of a freudian slip by some backroom hack with a hangover...or posibly an axe to grind with Ms Martin.

kmick; no-one's getting rid of Pat Kenny, especially with a poxy online petition. You know how many things over the last decade have been changed because of an online petition? Precisely SFA.
    If you want rid of Kenny, then do what the guy did the other night, only this time wearing a semtex belt*...if you can manage to take out Tubridy in the process then well and good...

*I do not condone the use of explosives in public broadcasting studios, or similar acts in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wertz wrote:
    Quoted for posterity.

...or the s and w:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Yer man was on the radio this morning. He did indeed call Kenny a censor, and referred to Byrne for the segment they did later in the show, on road safety, to which he wasn't invited.

You see he has a patent for a self driving car, that will revolutionise the world and eradicate the need for drivers and thus cut out human error, saving many lives.

He believes that this will make him rich, and that as he will base his operations in Ireland, will lead to unprecedented prosperity, which will in turn lead to a glittering political career.

I know that this sounds like I'm full of bull, but this is what he had to say. He also said he'd do it again.

BUT, I saved the best till last.........

His daughter is a researcher for...........you guessed it......

The Late Late Show!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    Yer man was on the radio this morning. He did indeed call Kenny a censor, and referred to Byrne for the segment they did later in the show, on road safety, to which he wasn't invited.

You see he has a patent for a self driving car, that will revolutionise the world and eradicate the need for drivers and thus cut out human error, saving many lives.

He believes that this will make him rich, and that as he will base his operations in Ireland, will lead to unprecedented prosperity, which will in turn lead to a glittering political career.

I know that this sounds like I'm full of bull, but this is what he had to say. He also said he'd do it again.

BUT, I saved the best till last.........

His daughter is a researcher for...........you guessed it......

The Late Late Show!
    This was all out on Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What radio show was he on?

• Advertisement

They just spoofed it on Podge & Rodge. This guy ran out from the audience, and starting telling them that the language was disgraceful. They cut to a still of the P&R logo, then gunshots could be heard. As they cut back, the man (wearing a brown leather jacket and a pair of jeans) could be seen falling to the ground.

Advertisement