Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Interruption!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

For once, I joyfully await the coverage in tomorrow's papers. Tabloids probably.

Great to have the clip, especially so fast, but it's acting up a bit on my PC. Is that just me?

I have the same problem myself...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

What was he charged with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Jaysus, for noone watching the LLS, ye weren't long getting it on the web... Nice One :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

your man sounds like Eamon Dumphy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ ya never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

hellboy99 wrote:
    your man sounds like Eamon Dumphy

Nah, he didn't sound drunk enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Telling the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Does anybody else think he looked like Shay Healy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its amazing that he was allowed to wander right to the stage.. I presume there'll be quite a security review!

Seeing as how it's one of the top stories on rte.ie, I wonder will it be mentioned on the News Summary? Set your DVDs everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I think he says "unsufferable *ssholes"

Seeing as how it's one of the top stories on rte.ie, I wonder will it be mentioned on the News Summary? Set your DVDs everybody!

There was an LVO... but it wasn't nearly as good as I thought. Ah well....

And whoever put those clips on Youtube - thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

parasite recorded and shared it so credit goes mainly in that direction. I and others just uploaded it to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBbWf-aveR8

Cal.

For recording it, and sharing it - thanks a million Parasite. All we need now is for someone to do it in Lego... :D

During those ads, the continutity announcer could be heard enquiring "do you have a slide that's going to go up?", before asking "yeah, where am I going to? Tubridy Tonight?... No probs."

Although they could hardly be blamed for that error in the midst of what no doubt must have been mayhem at presentation as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Can I refer everyone to the Pat Kenny How much longer? thread - need I say more?

Maybe Pat Kenny engineered all this to show that people are actually watching the programme everyone apparently thinks is crap.?

(In case ye want to know where I stand - I think it is very popular and has many merits - none of which appeal to me by in large.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

it was kmick!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

StarryBud wrote:
    Transcript:

INT. LATE LATE STUDIO. EVENING TIME.

CRAZY GUY: [off screen] How ya doin' Pat?
    [walks on screen]

PAT: How're ya?

CRAZY GUY: You're a censor! How dare you!

PAT: Ah, what...

CRAZY GUY: Gay Byrne and you, you're unstoppable arseholes! You arsehole!

PAT: Thank you.

[screen fades to quiz information slide]

CRAZY GUY: [off screen]You piece of sh1t.

PAT: [barely audible] Thank you.

CRAZY GUY: [barely audible] You piece of sh1t...

PAT: [barely audible] Now would you like to leave...

CRAZY GUY: [barely audible] [unintelligible words]

I think he said "insufferable" rather than "unstoppable" and I'm not sure about "censors" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Was it Michael Stone ?

lol.

Tbh, he's just ruined my chances of saying that to Pat Kenny first. Although I probably would have gone for more violence, and taken up the issue of how Pat has destroyed the Late Late theme song by replacing the original with some kind of musak crap.

With luck, some of the guests will commend that brave soul!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

StarryBud wrote:
    Transcript:

INT. LATE LATE STUDIO. EVENING TIME.

CRAZY GUY: [off screen] How ya doin' Pat?
    [walks on screen]

PAT: How're ya?

CRAZY GUY: You're a censor! How dare you!

PAT: Ah, what...

CRAZY GUY: Gay Byrne and you, you're unstoppable arseholes! You arsehole!

PAT: Thank you.

[screen fades to quiz information slide]

CRAZY GUY: [off screen]You piece of sh1t.

PAT: [barely audible] Thank you.

CRAZY GUY: [barely audible] You piece of sh1t...

PAT: [barely audible] Now would you like to leave...

CRAZY GUY: [barely audible] [unintelligible words]

Yeah, after watching the clip i heard it, sorry bout that, wasnt really paying attentiont that much when it started live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yakuza wrote:
    For all the bitchin' about Pat Kenny there's enough posters here watching the Late Late :)

just what i was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

latelatewy2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Probably drunk and disorderly and under the public order act (the section under with you can be arrested for whatever reason gardai bloody well like, and none of your lip now)

thrill wrote:
    I think he says "unsufferable *ssholes"

Quoted for truth,

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

I had just flicked over to see who was on and saw yer man, funny, was hoping he'd give Kenny a wallop....when it came back and Kenny looked "unharmed" I decided to go for a pint!:)

Trotter wrote:
    Its amazing that he was allowed to wander right to the stage.. I presume there'll be quite a security review!

Theres no security to review. They rely on junior producers to screen the crowd. Doesn't help that theres a bar before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Funny all the threads I read on boards comdemning scumbag behaviour and here we have this one celebrating it. Some country alright. Needless to say I am no fan of Plank but you are either for this behaviour or against it.

• Advertisement

When that councillor from Tipperary admitted to driving after a few pints, he was rightly condemned, but it was acknowledged that he got people talking, and created more discussion about the subject - always a good thing if it can get a few more people thinking.

What the Dublin man in his 50s did last night has opened discussion on the national airwaves about Pat Kenny's performance. He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) to expand on his points and Jimmy Carr can weigh in as well. Pat and one of his producers can offer opposition. :rolleyes:

It'd be some telly!

Advertisement