Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Baklava in Dublin?

• 18-07-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

The only place I know of is the Dun Laoghaire market on a Sunday, but I often can't make it over. Does anyone know of any shops or anything around town that might sell it? Its delicious!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Rotana Cafe on South Richmond Street sells Baklava & does takeout. I've also spotted it in the window of some of the Halal grocers/small shops between South Richmond St & Georges street & I *think* the large Asian supermarket on Moore st has it for sale as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

any of the middle eastern shops sell it in varying quantities.. M&S also sell it, usually between breads and cakes, theirs is really nice.

if you like baklava you should also try Mamoul, they are powdery biscuits with dates/figs/nuts inside, I find Irish people generally more keen on these than the super sweet baklava.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

The Rotana Cafe on South Richmond Street sells Baklava & does takeout.

That looks perfect, loads of choice! Thanks :-)

tfak85 wrote: »
    M&S also sell it, usually between breads and cakes, theirs is really nice..

Didn't even think of M&S, and I've found falafel etc there before so I don't know why! Thanks, I'll give it a go.

tfak85 wrote: »
    if you like baklava you should also try Mamoul, they are powdery biscuits with dates/figs/nuts inside, I find Irish people generally more keen on these than the super sweet baklava

Sounds lovely, thanks for the tip :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

A lot of the shops around Leonards Corner have it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

There is a stand in the Ilac that sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Lux23 wrote: »
    Ah I was racking my brain trying to think of where the hell I saw it recently - it was there. Looked pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Shoite, I thought the OP was looking for a balaclava :rolleyes:

Lux23 wrote: »

Now that you mention it, there is! Thanks, I had completely forgotten about that place. If I recall correctly there's also one in the airport.... might be a bit out of the way though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The place that does baklava also does lovely fudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mysticalman

One or two shops off Leonards Corner. Not sure of the names.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

KTRIC wrote: »
    Shoite, I thought the OP was looking for a balaclava :rolleyes:

so did i, was going to recomend the sinn fein office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

My wife used to live in Clonskeagh, she says you can get it in the islamic centre at the mosque there.

• fryup wrote: »
    so did i, was going to recomend the sinn fein office

Army Bargains on Mary Street will have them no bother! Ask the RDFers or Airsofters! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Army Bargains on Mary Street will have them no bother! Ask the RDFers or Airsofters! :D
    Talk about beating a joke to death. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Rotana Cafe on South Richmond Street sells Baklava & does takeout. I've also spotted it in the window of some of the Halal grocers/small shops between South Richmond St & Georges street & I *think* the large Asian supermarket on Moore st has it for sale as well :)

Get some falaffel if you're goin here. It's teh sex.

Love falafel, especially with hummus :-)

Advertisement