Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

childless holiday

• 02-01-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

HI,
    any older folk been on a european sun holiday where it isn't totally kiddie orientated? Hotel or villa with pool ideal, by sea or not. I can't face the thoughts of a pool swarming with kids and their entertainers.
    Would also prefer not to have thumping nightclub or external music within earshot. And no, I don't want an old people's home. Just a holiday suitable for people whose kids are old enough not to want to come with us anymore.

I am also thinking of a few days in Scandinavia. Is there a difference between Norway and Sweden. I imagine the culture is similar, but is it?
    Is one country cheaper than the other?
    Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I've heard Madeira is popular with the 40+ travellers, I don't know what age you are and don't want to insult you! but it may be an option

another place to consider would be Vilamoura in the algarve in Portugal,
    http://www.wordtravels.com/Resorts/Portugal/The%20Algarve/Vilamoura

other than that, I'd say any resort would be ok as long as you don't go when the kids are off school. we always plan our hols for October so we don't get stuck listening to screaming kiddies on our week away!

Don't know anything about scandinavia I'm afraid

Advertisement