Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well Dark knight we have had our fair share of bad luck and no matter what anyone says all teams even great teams need some luck. There can be inches in a game and sometimes its a fine line between winning and losing. Sometimes lady luck can either abandon you or get you over the line but as you said fingers crossed we have enough on the scoreboard to win the big games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Just don't like to hear kildare fans going on bout bad luck I mean yes we have had our fair bit but let's get on with it and hope we won't need it in big decisions I know it's needed but lets not dwell on it.

Actually who was relegated from div 1 I imagine Laois anyways but who else???

Armagh, which is a handy journey once you are on the M1.Donegal is a whole weekend job or a tv job if televised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Well done to Kildare, IMO it was vital they got up to divison 1, reason being, playin the top sides, week in week out and also a big boost going into the Championship.

They could be a serious threat to any team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

blackbelt wrote: »
    Armagh, which is a handy journey once you are on the M1.Donegal is a whole weekend job or a tv job if televised.

I'll defo do Dublin cork Kerry maybe down and Tyrone won't be allowed a weekend for Donegal as kids would wreck my missus lol

• Advertisement

I'll defo do Dublin cork Kerry maybe down and Tyrone won't be allowed a weekend for Donegal as kids would wreck my missus lol

You will get on fine in the stand in Pairc Ui Chaoimh if you are under 5'7. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'll defo do Dublin

Going by some of your posts on the Meath thread, maybe you should avoid the Dublin game. You might hear some bad language or soccer style chants and won't be able to enjoy the match.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Going by some of your posts on the Meath thread, maybe you should avoid the Dublin game. You might hear some bad language or soccer style chants and won't be able to enjoy the match.

TROLL

TROLL

Really? No more trollish than your posts about Louth.

I was being serious by the way. You seem to get offended and upset with lads getting satisfaction in getting one over on their rivals so maybe a Dublin match may not be the best place for you to be as a Kildare fan.

Really? No more trollish than your posts about Louth.

I was being serious by the way. You seem to get offended and upset with lads getting satisfaction in getting one over on their rivals so maybe a Dublin match may not be the best place for you to be as a Kildare fan.

Why would it be? Sure Kildare have beaten Dublin already this season the team
    Don't fear playing anyone.

I just disagree with kicking a team when they are down tbh!! But maybe my morals are higher than yours!! I would imagine your delighted as a dub to see Meath struggling but it's bad for Leinster football if Meath are not producing as makes leinster a lot less competitive!!

You should think about the waffle you post before you start having a go for me feeling sorry for a county in decline, remember that it's our national game be proud of it and dont turn it into soccer thuggery or hooliganism!!

Your attitude stinks tbh! My views are mine how dare you question anyone here!!!

Now your dragging this thread off topic so go away please or I'll start using the ignore user feature for the first time on yourself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DARK-KNIGHT is quickly becoming my favourite GAA poster.

I just disagree with kicking a team when they are down tbh!! But maybe my morals are higher than yours!! I would imagine your delighted as a dub to see Meath struggling but it's bad for Leinster football if Meath are not producing as makes leinster a lot less competitive!!

I'm a Louth fan and delighted to see Meath struggling. I've always worked and gone to college,school with Meath fans and had to endure plenty of one way slagging over the years so it's nice to have the shoe on the other foot for once.
    You should think about the waffle you post before you start having a go for me feeling sorry for a county in decline, remember that it's our national game be proud of it
    You can feel sorry for who you like but why drag Louth in to it. Why feel the need to get involved?
    and dont turn it into soccer thuggery or hooliganism!!

Where the hell has this happened? Please quote where I have tried to turn anything to soccer thuggery or holliganism
    Your attitude stinks tbh! My views are mine how dare you question anyone here!!!

Well then who are you to question anybody else's views?? Numerous posts on Meath thread criticising Louth fans that took satisfaction in getting one over their rivals along with numerous pops saying their fans are "soccer crowds" and no county pride.
    Maybe you should have a look at yourself before you get so high and mighty.
    Now your dragging this thread off topic so go away please or I'll start using the ignore user feature for the first time on yourself...

Ignore if you like, that's what the button is for and we'll leave it at that.

I'm a Louth fan and delighted to see Meath struggling. I've always worked and gone to college,school with Meath fans and had to endure plenty of one way slagging over the years so it's nice to have the shoe on the other foot for once.

You can feel sorry for who you like but why drag Louth in to it. Why feel the need to get involved?

Where the hell has this happened? Please quote where I have tried to turn anything to soccer thuggery or holliganism

Well then who are you to question anybody else's views?? Numerous posts on Meath thread criticising Louth fans that took satisfaction in getting one over their rivals along with numerous pops saying their fans are "soccer crowds" and no county pride.
    Maybe you should have a look at yourself before you get so high and mighty.

Ignore if you like, that's what the button is for and we'll leave it at that.
    Your missing my point, it was Kildare in decline 10 or 11 years ago and it's a depressing place to be, fair play to the Louth team for staying up too but it is unsportsmanlike to rub and rub and rub their noses in it tbh. All the talk of 2010 final needs to be forgotten Meath done nothing wrong thebref made a bad call is all.

Sure I get pissed hearing fellow lily fans blaming luck and going on and on about it which is just stupid tbh we looked like a whiny bunch last year here due to some fans dramatising matters, fact is we are having a great run last few years if we never lift Sam again I'll die happy knowing the great days out Kildare have given me and my family!!

Hooliganism comment wasn't directed at Louth but at the general pissing and moaning everyone can have banter but there is a line tbh sure when it comes to rivalry I am top of pecking order in banter stakes :)

As I said well done Louth you did well to stay up!!!

Great win for the minors today.

Kildare 3-19 0-10 Wexford.

Hurlers promoted. They beat Meath 3-13 to 1-12.

It's been 2 good weeks for Kildare GAA.

Hurlers promoted. They beat Meath 3-13 to 1-12.

It's been 2 good weeks for Kildare GAA.

Indeed a great week for our native county!!

Makes me do proud to be a Kildare man tbh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

word from the grapevine is that we might have a few injuries coming back from portugal.

They are out there since last friday and one has been knocked out and another done a shoulder!
    they are up at 6.30 am running on the beach every morning,I just hope they are not brunt out come sunday week!

Can you elaborate a bit more there roy rodgers, who are the players? Are they bad?

Can you elaborate a bit more there roy rodgers, who are the players? Are they bad?

Sweeney got knocked out and Fylnn done the shoulder. Sweeney is ok now Fylnn is touch and go. Typical lightweigh moorefield men!!

Flynn would be a huge loss, hope it's not too serious.

• Advertisement

Huge loss if Flynn's gone. How bad is it does anyone know? F*** it anyways thought we were going to sort out our problems in midfield with Hugh and Dermot back. Injuries to midfield crippled us last year. Fingers crossed its not that bad. :confused:

dont know how bad it is yet I'll hear more come sunday when they are all home. I see the tyrone boys have a good few injury problems ahead of this game next week. They seem to be without a good few players for rest of the season.

Yeah, Kyle Coney and Brian McGuigan are gone for the year.

Neither of them played in the first game against us and they still looked dangerous in attack so I'm not sure if they will be missed that much. In Eoin Mulligan, Stephen O'Neill and Mark Donnelly they have one of the best full forward lines in the country.

We were doing well up till half time in the opening round. Think we were 6 points up?? Fitzpatrick went off then injured and Mulligan got into the game but that was then and this is now.Kildare have got on a bit of roll since the Meath game and fingers crossed if the lads arent burnt out after the camp. We will come away with the win. I know we have secured promotion to Division 1 but I feel a win against Tyrone and some silverware could galvanise the team going into the championship. ;)

Flynn and Sweeney are fine, nothing serious. Thank God!

They returned from Portugal yesterday.

Is Rob Kelly back playing again or is he still hurt?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is Rob Kelly back playing again or is he still hurt?

Have not heard much about rob tbh!!

I honestly think we can take Tyrone if the lads turn up and give it a good go!!

Kildare's team is much more improved compared to Tyrone's from when the two sides met at the start of the league. Tyrone being bookies favourites is a mistake.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Kildare's team is much more improved compared to Tyrone's from when the two sides met at the start of the league. Tyrone being bookies favourites is a mistake.

How is it a mistake? Tyrone have won 7 from 7.Kildare have won 4,lost 2 and drawn 1.That Tyrone team has players that have won All Irelands at Senior and minor level. I'm not saying Kildare won't beat them as Tyrone are beatable if you take your scores but that has not always been the case for Kildare.

You would have to fancy Tyrone at this stage.I still don't necessarily like having to say that and I would like to see Kildare beat them.

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote: »
    How is it a mistake? Tyrone have won 7 from 7.Kildare have won 4,lost 2 and drawn 1.That Tyrone team has players that have won All Irelands at Senior and minor level. I'm not saying Kildare won't beat them as Tyrone are beatable if you take your scores but that has not always been the case for Kildare.

You would have to fancy Tyrone at this stage.I still don't necessarily like having to say that and I would like to see Kildare beat them.

It's a mistake because it overvalues form based on results achieved by teams that are significantly different from those that will line out on Sunday. This especially applies to Kildare obviously.

Overestimation of short term form in GAA handicapping is one of the main reasons it's as consistently profitable as it is.

Advertisement