Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I don't know whether to bother studying for the oral at this stage.

To be honest, at this time of night I really don't think it's worth the effort. Personally, I'd go to sleep and glance over it in the morning because being jaded definitely does no favours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I am going to fail maths tomorrow for the fact that I couldn't have bothered to do anything for it over midterm. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Right. My irish teacher hates me since 3rd year.. In the oral she asked me about 5 questions on the debs and about colleges in Ireland. WHAT THE HELL WOMAN!!! I fired back a few sentences that made sense :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

English paper 1 was graaand, had a similar questions B and a similar essay done already in class.

Maths paper 1 went árse-ways but there's always paper 2 to pull something together.

Overall, could've been worse :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Woohoo I didn't fail chemistry!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Guysssss, for differentiation from first principles does anyone else do it the delta y method instead of (x + h)?

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Guysssss, for differentiation from first principles does anyone else do it the delta y method instead of (x + h)?

No

I'm glad I aborted our baby :rolleyes:

I'm glad I aborted our baby :rolleyes:

I'm not over that :( Still have nightmares about the dreaded coathanger! :(

There's a video on Engineers Ireland somewhere that uses that method, would it not be easier to just opt for the f(x+h)?

it was for the best!

i dunno, i looked at it in my book and it makes no sense to me :P delta method is just so much neater looking, and it seems to be different i think? my book has (x+h) - x, we do y + delta y.

• Advertisement

it was for the best!

i dunno, i looked at it in my book and it makes no sense to me :P delta method is just so much neater looking, and it seems to be different i think? my book has (x+h) - x, we do y + delta y.

It wasn't, I'll never accept it! :(

If you have a look at the solutions on examinations.ie for first principals they go through both methods!

M&S* wrote: »
    It wasn't, I'll never accept it! :(

If you have a look at the solutions on examinations.ie for first principals they go through both methods!
    Tá ár n-iníon saor! Tá sí saor! Tá sí saor </3 :pac:
    (I hope you do An Triail or else you wont get that :P)

Ahhh deadly, thanks a bunch :D

Tá ár n-iníon saor! Tá sí saor! Tá sí saor </3 :pac:
    (I hope you do An Triail or else you wont get that :P)

Ahhh deadly, thanks a bunch :D

Ni raibh si ina hoinsin ag aon fear!

Welcome!

Maths Paper 2 tomorrow. Studied biology for an hour and here I am! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Ahhh its pancake Tuesday tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Got an A in French :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Is anyone else's mammy putting them under so much pressure? Overheard her discussing the results I have gotten back with my aunt, I have twin cousins who are both doing the LC and are wee geniuses. I told her to NEVER discuss my results with anyone except me and dad. Then she told me I was spending too long on my ag science project. The fùcking thing has to be in before the end of march, I want to get it done. And it's not as if I'm neglecting my other subjects, I did my study in everything today before I started on the project. She's just so overbearing and guilt tripping me all the bloody time. One of my cousins got his results back and did unreal, got an a1 and a heap of bs. I don't care. I don't want class results in my mocks. And I don't believe in shouting my results from the rooftops, ok I posted earlier that I didn't fail chemistry, but that was out of pure delight because I never do well in chemistry and I managed to get a c. Oh and I also heard her saying to my aunt that she doesn't know if I'll manage a B in chemistry. Like what the hell??? Thanks for the vote of confidence there mother.
    Oh well, at least my dads sound.

Sorry for that :/ rant over now I promise! :) just needed to vent, ye know yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Posted something really similar in C&H earlier, I know how you feel. My sister's messed up in college so my mum's become obsessed with lecturing me constantly about 'the value of education' so I don't go the same way, it's getting annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Is anyone else's mammy putting them under so much pressure? Overheard her discussing the results I have gotten back with my aunt, I have twin cousins who are both doing the LC and are wee geniuses. I told her to NEVER discuss my results with anyone except me and dad. Then she told me I was spending too long on my ag science project. The fùcking thing has to be in before the end of march, I want to get it done. And it's not as if I'm neglecting my other subjects, I did my study in everything today before I started on the project. She's just so overbearing and guilt tripping me all the bloody time. One of my cousins got his results back and did unreal, got an a1 and a heap of bs. I don't care. I don't want class results in my mocks. And I don't believe in shouting my results from the rooftops, ok I posted earlier that I didn't fail chemistry, but that was out of pure delight because I never do well in chemistry and I managed to get a c. Oh and I also heard her saying to my aunt that she doesn't know if I'll manage a B in chemistry. Like what the hell??? Thanks for the vote of confidence there mother.

Sorry for that :/ rant over now I promise! :) just needed to vent, ye know yourselves.

Sorry to hear it, that sounds really unfair:eek:
    Seriously you know way better than either of your parents how well you can do in the lc and you don't need your mum breathing down your neck.

Thankfully I don't have that but my mum is constantly reminding me that I'll regret my laziness when I don't get the best results that I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Siobhnk wrote: »

My parents don't mind so much. It's other family and the like that believe I'm studying every day all day, and that I'm going to get over 500 points and get my first choice. They pray for me regularly, and have promised me a bit of a reward after doing well (apparently it's set in stone I'll do well!). It's not like I can tell them I'm going doing sh*te, that'd probably upset them. Ahh well, the truth will come out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My parents don't mind so much. It's other family and the like that believe I'm studying every day all day, and that I'm going to get over 500 points and get my first choice. They pray for me regularly, and have promised me a bit of a reward after doing well (apparently it's set in stone I'll do well!). It's not like I can tell them I'm going doing sh*te, that'd probably upset them. Ahh well, the truth will come out :D

Ah, the dreaded prayers. I'm afraid even a cathedral of holy candles won't do me much good come June if I don't start studying! :/

I'm in the same boat though, I was very intelligent for my age in primary school, but once I went into secondary school I just averaged out intellectually, so all of my extended family still think I'm a genius and are expecting well over 500 points from me, while I'm aiming for 400! :confused:

My dad just reads the work I get him to print and is happy enough with my grades really, parents shouldnt be that intrusive, its your business not theirs!

On a lighter note, I'm 17 today. Teachers better treat me like a king :P

Siobhnk I know exactly how you feel. Had a cousin who went to a fee paying school and did really well in the LC last year. She's completely different to me and I'm constantly compared to her and even the cousins in the family who didn't do well. After months of arguing about it she stopped nagging about college, but when somebody asks me what will I do in college and I'm answering..she just adds in thats if you put your head down and get the points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Namlub wrote: »
    Got an A in French :D
    Were your Mocks sent away? Did you have DEB? We did our French of February 10th and we were told we mighn't have them back for another 2 weeks! :O

Were your Mocks sent away? Did you have DEB? We did our French of February 10th and we were told we mighn't have them back for another 2 weeks! :O
    How long does it take for most of them to come back? Maths paper 2 wasn't actually that bad :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

2 hours to write 2 pages of an irish essay is madness. Walked out with 45 mins left. They should put one of the leamhthuiscints on there instead of having both of them on paper II :mad: .....rant over :D

I'm sick of people lying about how their exams went. Fair enough you might not think you done as good as you actually do but to come out of a geography exam and say "I only wrote 3 pages" or the extreme opposite "I wrote 35 pages, back to front" Shut up and stop lying, no one actually cares about how much you write.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

ConTheCat wrote: »
    How long does it take for most of them to come back? Maths paper 2 wasn't actually that bad :O
    No sign of any of ours yet! Teachers said it could be another week and a half before they come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

We got our French back first, got a B3, still couldn't ask for more:)
    Most of our papers will be back in 2-3 weeks.
    13spanner wrote: »
    2 hours to write 2 pages of an irish essay is madness. Walked out with 45 mins left. They should put one of the leamhthuiscints on there instead of having both of them on paper II :mad: .....rant over :D
    People complain about it but I just took the opportunity to write a quality essay. 5 pages and I took about 20 mins on each page so I had time to think of each sentence.
    But Paper 1 is much more rushed so I can see where you're coming from!
    M&S* wrote: »
    I'm sick of people lying about how their exams went. Fair enough you might not think you done as good as you actually do but to come out of a geography exam and say "I only wrote 3 pages" or the extreme opposite "I wrote 35 pages, back to front" Shut up and stop lying, no one actually cares about how much you write.
    Do people actually do this?:eek:
    It's the people who claim they fail then get a B that really irks me.
    Talk about overreaction, just because you didn't get an A1 no need for the "OMG I definitely failed!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Ah lads, don't even talk to me about parents!!

By the way mocks can take up to three or four weeks to come back sometimes. (ie. just long enough for you to no longer care what you got in them!) :mad: :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement