Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black & White 2 Announced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Denny M wrote: »
    I dunno if I'll get a Japanese version, I've never gotten one before. Is it pretty easy to get what's going on?

Somewhat. There have been some points in HG/SS and BW1 where I was completely walled since I couldn't understand the text an NPC told me because that text included what I was supposed to do next!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm just going to wait for the English version to come out but I'll have it pre-ordered for sure.
    I like knowing the story line, it adds to it, even if it is ****. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Can you get the other starters and stuff in Dream World? I'm considering getting the White version (or black if they dont have White) now. Played Black as a rom but got bored with it. This is the only Gen I havent finished so I want to keep up for the most part.
    CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm just going to wait for the English version to come out but I'll have it pre-ordered for sure.
    I like knowing the story line, it adds to it, even if it is ****. :)
    Isnt the storyline essenatially the same each time? New kid is given Pokemon, turns out to be the best ever. Someone else is doing something bad and he has to save the world. Slight variations but thats more or less it as far as I can tell.

A bigger problem would be not knowing where the hell you're supposed to go/what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Starters and legendaries in the DW tend to be restricted to codes from books and card decks but lots of regular mons from gens 1-4 there.

B/W in Japanese is easy enough as you only have to backtrack once in the game to the desert resort.ou figure out the gist of the plot if youve played another game in the series.

Don't forget the jap cart is region locked so won't play on an eu DSi or 3ds.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Can you get the other starters and stuff in Dream World? I'm considering getting the White version (or black if they dont have White) now. Played Black as a rom but got bored with it. This is the only Gen I havent finished so I want to keep up for the most part.

Isnt the storyline essenatially the same each time? New kid is given Pokemon, turns out to be the best ever. Someone else is doing something bad and he has to save the world. Slight variations but thats more or less it as far as I can tell.

A bigger problem would be not knowing where the hell you're supposed to go/what to do next.

True it is always the same but I'm a sucker for details. Haha

The cart not playing on my DS also completely rules it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Okay, someone has to say this:
    WTF happened to the Player Characters? Now we have Princess Leia and some guy that had a fight with a lawn mower! At least the PCs from BW1, were older than other PCs, but these ones like like they have yet to hit puberty...

Okay, someone has to say this:
    WTF happened to the Player Characters? Now we have Princess Leia and some guy that had a fight with a lawn mower! At least the PCs from BW1, were older than other PCs, but these ones like like they have yet to hit puberty...

You know what I find even more odd? For once I actually like the PCs whereas everyone else hates them :P

Meh, I see nothing wrong with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I always find it perplexing that the 10 year old girls in Pokemon games have such massive bewbs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I'm actually thinking of getting the jap black2. As they'll probably have way more wi-fi events. As usual.

Whats it like figuring out the battle moves? Xd

Not that hard really if you know most of the moves by their type, power, accuracy and PP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm actually thinking of getting the jap black2. As they'll probably have way more wi-fi events. As usual.

It's not that hard, only difficult if you mix up the move order and then forget which one you put in which place :P

I found leveling up to be a bit traumatic in Blackjap when new moves came along, actually. There are a number of moves in B/W that are weird - eg Zorua learns a Dark physical attack with a power of 90 - so naturally I took it over Bite or Night Slash or whatever he was carrying at the time - that uses the targets SP defence or something along those lines, and therefore tended to do feck all damage to the ghosts and psychics I was smacking with it. I hadn't read my online pokedex, rookie/bug trainer mistake.

This time around I've got a data contract on my phone so I'm less likely to get caught out but still it's not for the faint hearted or ill-prepared. If you're taking the plunge, it's worth reviewing your current team on a regular basis on an available online pokedex (I know you guys are not fond of Serebii but I can't help it, I can never remember the link for bulbadex/bulbapedia/bulbawiki or whatever it's called!) - know what moves are coming and how they work. But looking up what gyms are coming up is cheating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Even after playing Black, I found Japanese White a bit of a pain, constantly having to refer to movelists etc. I don't think I'd get a Japanese version again.

I'm hoping that the post-game of B/W2 will be set in Hoenn, like how G/S revisted Kanto.

Banjo wrote: »
    There are a number of moves in B/W that are weird - eg Zorua learns a Dark physical attack with a power of 90 - so naturally I took it over Bite or Night Slash or whatever he was carrying at the time - that uses the targets SP defence or something along those lines, and therefore tended to do feck all damage to the ghosts and psychics I was smacking with it. I hadn't read my online pokedex, rookie/bug trainer mistake.

Yea, I fell for Foul Play as well...

WTF happened to the Player Characters? [..]some guy that had a fight with a lawn mower!

Another question this brings up, will Satoshi be made wear the new guy's outfit in the anime? :P

563698_10151537314055506_10150094407965506_23753971_53522577_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I've got a funny feeling that this is the first sequel in along line of future Pokémon sequels. This game is showcasing the alternate Kyurem forms for sure, and possibly Keldeo and Meloetta seeing how they are in the upcoming film.

This means they might do a B&W3 for Genesect. What do you all think? Or am I just over thinking this??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    I've got a funny feeling that this is the first sequel in along line of future Pokémon sequels. This game is showcasing the alternate Kyurem forms for sure, and possibly Keldeo and Meloetta seeing how they are in the upcoming film.

This means they might do a B&W3 for Genesect. What do you all think? Or am I just over thinking this??

I think a B&W 3 would probably be going a bit too far. Wi-Fi events for the new Pokémon would be a lot more logical.

Perhaps they're running out of colours to name the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Perhaps they're running out of colours to name the games!

Well they haven't done Auburn and Lavender yet :D haha!

• Advertisement

New coro revealed

'Lt. Surge and Erika will also be present. Apparently the facility is called "World Tournament." It seems you'll be able to battle every previous Gym Leader and Elite Four Champion there.'

'The poster of the scan has revealed more information! First, the new formes for Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus can only be caught in the Pokemon AR Searcher game, which of course can then be transferred over to Black 2 and White 2. Second, Cheren will appear in the games as a Gym Leader. Third, "Pokewood" will replace Black and White's musicals (a combination of Pokemon + Hollywood?); it's apparently the movie theater feature that appeared in several of the game trailers.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

pokemon ar seacher??

The AR searcher is the new program coming out for the 3DS.

If they can do one outside app for the 3DS they can do many... Perhaps my dream of breeding specific mon for Pokemon 5-a-side Soccer, Pokemon Team Forretress, Pokemon Tower Defense, The Legend of Zoroark : A Lickitung to the Past etc etc might one day come to pass.

Alrighty, ton more info here now corocoro's been leaked and translated

So, its finally been properly translated, new info

Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)
    Bianca gives you your Starter Pokemon on behalf of Professor Juniper. She is now Juniper's assistant.
    N has disappeared and nobody knows where he is, including Team Plasma. Team Plasma and the Sages will still be in the game, though in what capacity we do not know yet.
    Alder appears at the beginning of the game and asks you to come with him.

PokeWood (Pokemon+Hollywood) will apparently involve filming a movie: you pick a scenario, then fight in several Pokemon battles. Perhaps battling against the mecha Tyranitar is how you film part of your movie.
    Brycen, the Ice-type Gym Leader, has starred in PokeWood movies before.
    PokeWood will also be featured in the anime on June 7th - we see a screenshot of the mecha Tyranitar battling a Golurk. I bet this will be Luke's evolved Golett since we've seen him making movies in various episodes of the show. Guess they were foreshadowing this for a while without us knowing!

The old designs of the Cloud Trio will now be referred to as their "Incarnation Formes" while the new designs will be called their "Sacred Beast Formes."
    All three of the Pokemon keep their same types in their new formes, but their stats are different. Tornadus' new forme focuses on Defense, Special Defense, and Speed, Thundurus' focuses on Special Attack, and Landorus' focuses on Attack.
    (This isn't stated in the magazine.) Fan speculation on our forums is that the three new formes are inspired by Aztec legend. Tornadus is Huitzilopochtli, who after it died became a green and purple hummingbird, Thundurus is Quetzalcoatl, who after it died became a serpent, and Landorus is Tezcatlipoca / Tepeyollotl, a jaguar. In the Pokemon AR Searcher screenshot on the left side of the 3rd scan and in the anime poster on the right side of the 7th scan, you can see each of them resembling those animals (a bird, a snake, and a jaguar).
    Professor Burnett will be the name of the professor in the Pokemon AR Searcher game.

As stated yesterday, the "World Tournament" feature allows you to battle past Gym Leaders and Elite Four Champions.
    So far, Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are confirmed participants.

As we knew already, Meloetta will be the Pokemon you can download at the movie theaters when you go to see Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman - Keldeo. It is at Level 15, knows Quick Attack, Confusion, and Round, and comes holding a PP Max.

The anime will be renamed Best Wishes Season 2 starting June 21st. There will be an arc featuring the new Sacred Beast formes as well as the return of Dawn, Cynthia, and Pokemon from past generations! Giovanni will return as well and Team Rocket will have a new plan involving Meloetta.
    Black Kyurem-EX and White Kyurem-EX cards were revealed from BW6 Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare!

*Big scans incoming*

corocoro-1.jpg

corocoro-3.jpg

corocoro-5.jpg

corocoro-2.jpg

corocoro-6.jpg

I think the only thing people really care about because of today's revelations is the fact all the old GL's and whatnot will be in the game :3

Well yeah :p although the revelation about Cheren is interesting.

Down :pac: its still on pokebeach for those interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Advertisement