Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

• 16-07-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Franks RedHot Sauce is on offer in Tesco for 99c, reduced from ?2.99.

Great stuff for chicken wings.

Mine was mispriced, so I got 2 for free!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Cool. Which Tesco? I haven't seen any in Galway since it underwent the price makeover. Gotta love Frank's Hot Sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Tesco Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

none in tesco clondalkin ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

One of my favourites!

Mix it with near to equal amounts of good quality melted butter,but let butter cool down a bit first!
    Toss wings in the sauce,serve and lick the fingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just tried Tesco Claire Hall and couldn't see any Franks there. Anyone seen it around Dublin my supply is running low so really want to stock up.

• Advertisement

tried castledermot and wexford town and none, need to get some of this mine is all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

The reason you are finding it hard to source i believe the importers have decided to stop bringing to Ireland :(. A mate rang me about three weeks ago and his bro works in the company that imports it..cant find anything on net but sadly seems true...i bought about 10 bottle is Tecso, woman looked at me as if I had two heads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Anyone knows a Tesco close to Sligo that still offers Frank's Sauce? Unfortunately Sligo took it out of their assortment quite some time ago. A friend of mine from Longford told me it was unavailable there too.

I hope there is still a place close by to get it. I assume most ppl in Ireland have no need for that sauce and thats why they took it off the shelves at most places.

Lets face it most ppl in Ireland (or most other countries for that matter) have no clue how really good Buffalo Wings taste like and I guess there isn't a high demand for this sauce for other BBQ purposes. Def. sux but I understand that Tesco is a business and wants to make money and if only a few selected ppl buy that stuff for those awesome Wings they are not making any profit.

Oh well if anyone knows of a Tesco or other place near Sligo that still sells Franks please let me know.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bootsy11

gaz wac wrote: »
    The reason you are finding it hard to source i believe the importers have decided to stop bringing to Ireland :(. A mate rang me about three weeks ago and his bro works in the company that imports it..cant find anything on net but sadly seems true...i bought about 10 bottle is Tecso, woman looked at me as if I had two heads :D

No, how, why? I literally use that stuff with everything and worst of all my last bottle is running out. I'll have to raid Tesco too!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 coillte

Lets face it most ppl in Ireland (or most other countries for that matter) have no clue how really good Buffalo Wings taste like and I guess there isn't a high demand for this sauce for other BBQ purposes. Def. sux but I understand that Tesco is a business and wants to make money and if only a few selected ppl buy that stuff for those awesome Wings they are not making any profit.

Oh well if anyone knows of a Tesco or other place near Sligo that still sells Franks please let me know.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! You can't make wings with a sugar filled BBQ sauce & that's all that we can get here! No Frank's ANWHERE in Mayo/Galway! Used to be able to get limited bottles but they've be off the shelves now for a few weeks! Really annoyed that it's not available as I too am running out. Tesco replaced all their sauces with UK rubbish ('Reggae sauce' 4foxesache & every squeeze zit bottle of Heinz!) & it's all down to those who head North picking up whatever's cheap! When you have people bulk buying this muck & cans of "wife beater" 'because it's cheap' that's why we can get decent foods other than own brand rubbish & UK brewed tat!

My $0.02! Of course if I find some & hear news, I'll post it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

hmm ive never had this sauce, but i want some now!! I love hot sauces!!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

hmm ive never had this sauce, but i want some now!! I love hot sauces!!

yeah me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Korsam

Just found out the sad news about Mich............I mean Frank.

I appreciate the people who have posted alternate recipes but unfortunately Franks is the one and only for good hot tasty wings (barring gorgonzola and creme fraiche for the dip)

If anyone finds a cache of Franks good on 'em.

I'm going to try the 'I love your product' approach on their site..........here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

As part of their "Border Prices all over Ireland" they seem to have completely revamped their product line - removing many products and adding new ones - that would explain why its hard to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Wouldn't mind trying some of this stuff, did anybody find some even at full price?

I did send Tesco customer service an email 2weeks ago about where I can find the closest Tesco to Sligo that still offers Franks Sauce but ofcourse all I got was their standard automatic reply of 'we have received your email bla bla bla' and then ofcourse nothing.

I was thinking of calling them but could only find this 'Low' call number which I assume is similar to the Sky Lo call number that always costs me a fortune when I call them. Damn thieves.

If anyone has a Tesco customer phone number thats just an ordinary irish number I would call them up (that only costs me 1cent/min) . Sometimes they have an extra phone number if you call outside from Ireland like ESB but i didnt find it on their contact page.
    They should be able to find out which Tesco's still receive Franks if there are any left at all.

Maybe the deal that started this thread was just so they can get rid of their inventory.

I hope not but it sounds like there aren't many stores left that offer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

not that hard to find contact numbers for them go here
    http://www.tesco.ie/contactframe.htm?osadcampaign=TLContactUs

i'm fairly sure that 00800 number is free or local call cost but if you don't want to ring that then ring the dublin head office number 01 2808441

musgraves do a 5 litre one....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

:(

Really gonna miss this sauce. I know the Indian food supply shop near Leonards corner does a hot sauce, think it was called "crystal". It has a very similar vinegary taste to franks, might be worth a try for those having withdrawal symptoms, like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

about a month ago, my local supervalu (johnstown, navan) started selling it. for some reason they have it in front of the butchers counter next to the fish, but it's definitely there, both the buffalo one (with the fake butter already in) and the regular hot sauce. they even have small condiment sized bottles too for use as a table sauce.

not sure if it was the importers trying to get shot of their last stock, or what, but it was still there a week or so ago the last time i was in.

maybe they have it in other supervalu's too?

• Advertisement

I called my closest supervalu and they didnt have it unfortunately. They may really be gone from Ireland except whats left in stock. Sux

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Franks RedHot Sauce is on offer in Tesco for 99c, reduced from ?2.99.

Mine was mispriced, so I got 2 for free!

Got the last ten bottles on Saturday in Tesco Maynooth. Priced at .99 cent on shelf, but charged 2.99 at till...refund of €30 :D:D:D Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What sort of country do we live in that we can't even purchase the best hot sauce in the world??? I can take pension levies and pay cuts put this is a step too far.......

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Folks

My brother bought a couple of bottles in a Eurospar shop and he also saw the sauce in a regular Spar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Folks my brother picked up a couple of bottles of Franks Finest in Eurospar at the weekend and he said it was available in Spar as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Raiser

/\
    |
    |
    |
    Lol @ that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

the good news is levi roots regae regae sauce is now stocked as is his tomato ketchup. mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

You can buy Frank's online here

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/franks-quartet-p-970.html

Great site-have used it before-postage is expensive, but the selection of hot sauce is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Never heard of this sauce but now I want to try it! I'm addicted to all things of the chili variety. A very hot sauce that is available in Supervalu is Encona Hot pepper sauce, not for the faint hearted!

enc-original.jpg

Also for those into fresh chilis, I find the Dunnes reduced to clear section great to get them cheap, usually around the euro mark for a huge bag of chilis. I've often got scotch bonnet chilis aswell for a fraction of what you'd pay elsewhere. Mmmmmm chilis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I've never found anything (other than Busha Browne's) on the shelves in Ireland that compares with the likes of 'Baron' and 'Pain is Good' from Scorchio-and they aren't even the hottest they sell.

I wouldn't be a fan of Encona at all-hot but not very nice.

Advertisement