Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona V Giant

• 11-12-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hiya Guys and Gals

What do you reckon on these 2, they are both the same price.
    Kona Tanuki
    Giant Trance X3

I reckon the parts on the Giant have the edge but the forks on the Kona are way better, both companys make good frames so no worries about quality.
    Also , both available from my LBS which is important to me as well.

Anyway, too close for me to call, what do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

As you say very little in it! For some reason Konas are not really that popular here and the Giant will be an easier sell when you want out of it! Apart from that I'd go with the one that you like the look of and can get the best deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Yeah, good advice, they dont look like they'd ride that different either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Kona looks nicer, less of them around, and as you said better forks.

IMo but go with what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Hi Gordy

Id go for the Kona hands down. ive had 3 kona's over the years and they make a deadly bike, i race a kula supreme and ive never had any issues. alot of the downhillers seem to prefer kona's too because of the geometery of the frame.
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Damn....I thought Kona (the boardsie) was going to fight a giant but alas this is not the case;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭dancecatz2000

Iv had a load of kona bikes at the min I'm riding a kona hei hei with xtr and American Classic wheelset lovely light bike, if I had the money to change I'd get a Giant 29er as they ride so well, Giant are such a big company they have a large RD department, they bring out a new design that everybody else copys it the next year,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Much prefer the Giant Maestro suspension system, more refined than Kona's old design...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Thanks for the replys guys. I'll give them both a spin and see what feels best. After that its gonna come down to looks.....much as it pains me to say it.

Advertisement