Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you watch bbc iplayer from ireland

• 21-05-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

When i try to watch bbc player it comes up not available to watch outside the uk, is there any other way i can watch it or for that matter watch other internet players from different countries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bazmc35 wrote: »
    When i try to watch bbc player it comes up not available to watch outside the uk, is there any other way i can watch it or for that matter watch other internet players from different countries

Most stuff on the Channel 4 player can be watched here. The BBC cant due to copyright and licencing, same for the ITV player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

There is a way to do it, but i dont know, i just know it can be done. Friend of mine watches bbcs iplayer all the time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You can pretend you're in the UK by surfing via a UK proxy. Google it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There are several threads on this forum about this, and several solutions. I use ToR. Try googling with 'site:boards.ie' as an additional search term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Identity cloaker. But it's not free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

still not working keeps saying enable java script which is enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Is expatshield not working anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

I have just checked Expat Shield with BBC I player and everything is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

cheers got it working with Expat Shield, only wanted to watch the north west 200 which wasn't on it and its on bbc1 tonight:), is there any other good web sites with good movies on, on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Watch my video on how I do it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnWdAfzxcro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I use Mgeni
    Mgeni is a lightweight cross-platform browser for using Tor® to access websites with geographical restrictions.

http://code.google.com/p/mgeni/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

use www.overplay.net £6.95/Month , Just Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dillydressmaker

I know this is an old thread but thought someone might be able to give me advice.

I've downloaded ToR and it's working fine but anytime I try watch anything through the ToR browser such as BBC iPlayer or ITV iPlayer it tells me I need to update my Adobe flash.
    I'm on Mac here and have updated several times now to I think it's version 12.. but still not working.
    I also have silverlight as netflix wouldn't work without it.

Any advice appreciated
    tks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Discussion of using VPN's for the purpose of bypassing IP blocking is no longer permitted. Please refer to the forum charter for more info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement