Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another firmware update for the Desire HD 1.32.405.6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

bogman wrote: »
    Just checked, downloading the update

Wonder if it addresses the the proximity sensor issue

Direct link

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.32.405.6-1.32.405.3_R_P_releasee5ll2fe6a4u8c87y.zip

Is this the 2nd update as I did an update on mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Sure is, good to see HTC on top of things ;)

Sure is, good to see HTC on top of things ;)

Ah crap mine just went back to vodafone today :(

Mine displayed "Limited Service" yesterday a few times when switched on but didnt seem to affect anything!!!
    Phoned Vodafone last night, takes 10 minutes solid to get through, they reset something in my account, said if the issue was there today to return the phone to the shop where they would examine it.
    All seems ok today

Why did urs get sent back

Mine displayed "Limited Service" yesterday a few times when switched on but didnt seem to affect anything!!!
    Phoned Vodafone last night, takes 10 minutes solid to get through, they reset something in my account, said if the issue was there today to return the phone to the shop where they would examine it.
    All seems ok today

Proximity sensor issue's

• Advertisement

Looking on the xda-developers forum and seeing several comments like this just now
    I did notice a little better performance after the latest update, thought it was fine before but now feels like the phone is fully awake Tested benchmarks and a nice boost, im happy Those small lags i felt before seams to be gone to, nice.

Is urs gone back for good or a checkup?

Looking on the xda-developers forum and seeing several comments like this just now

Is urs gone back for good or a checkup?

It only happened a small bit yesterday and I kinda panic'd and rang vodafone and they organised to have it collected today. Then it didnt really happen again and I my new cover arrived and I was starting to really like it again. But I rang HTC today and got no real help so let vodafone take it back I am now back using my 3GS till they ring me with the outcome.

One other thing that annoyed me about the DHD was when connected to my wifi and id go to download something it wouldnt download and id look to see if its still connected and it would say it was authorizing the wifi connect or something and I would have to disconnect and then reconnect to get to download something.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

Wondering if any of you could help me. When I've checked for the updates (both updates since I got the phone) it says I'm up to date, though clearly I'm not when I look at my software info.
    Wondering if it is something to do with not having been able to get in to htcsense.com online yet? Total guess as this is my first android, first smart phone etc.
    The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using my meteor sim. I got the phone PAYG from vodafone but it wasn't locked and didn't seem to have had anything done/added to it by them. Could that have anything to do with it? Again, I'm guessing.
    Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm still trying to figure my way around this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

Wondering if any of you could help me. When I've checked for the updates (both updates since I got the phone) it says I'm up to date, though clearly I'm not when I look at my software info.
    Wondering if it is something to do with not having been able to get in to htcsense.com online yet? Total guess as this is my first android, first smart phone etc.
    The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using my meteor sim. I got the phone PAYG from vodafone but it wasn't locked and didn't seem to have had anything done/added to it by them. Could that have anything to do with it? Again, I'm guessing.
    Sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm still trying to figure my way around this thing.

Sounds very odd, you should get an update, I'd give HTC support a ring and see what they say.

All seems ok today

I've downloaded the 2nd update and I'm seeing a good improvement all-round. Mine was displaying "Limited Service" a few times as well since I got it and I was getting no signal at all in places where I had no signal issues before with my previous Nokia phone. I'll be keeping a close on my phone and checking it over the next few days to make sure that its doing what a phone should do, (keep a signal and make and receive calls).
    One half of me loves my DHD, but another part of me says I should of just stuck with my reliable Nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It can take time for updates to be "pushed" to some devices.

As for staying with Nokia, even their flagship smartphone feels like its prehistoric!!

Prehistoric yes, but it was still reliable and I was always able to get a signal no matter where I was and I need and expect my shiney new DHD keep a decent signal and to be able receive calls/texts just like a phone should do and if it doesn't then I'm in trouble, because the other day during one of its "Limited Service" moments my misses tried to ring me and couldn't get through and got my voicemail instead when she should have been able to get through to me, I was only watching tv with the dog, not down in some dungeon somewhere. I expect it to at least have 1 bar of signal at home. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days and if it happens again then I'll be bringing it back to Vodafone for a refund, but I think the two recent updates have certainly helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

My hd's with vodafone which is unfortunate as i have that proximity issue and this would prob fix it! Instead i.ll have to wait until it is duly returned as there prob isnt a physical fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

On xda there were limited service complaints too, aparently the latest firmware posted above includes updated radio so that may be the fix for the limited service that people were receiving.

Im still waiting on the handset myself but you have to give credit to HTC when it comes to being ontop of problems with updates ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Technophobe

funnyclub wrote: »
    It only happened a small bit yesterday and I kinda panic'd and rang vodafone and they organised to have it collected today. Then it didnt really happen again and I my new cover arrived and I was starting to really like it again. But I rang HTC today and got no real help so let vodafone take it back I am now back using my 3GS till they ring me with the outcome.

One other thing that annoyed me about the DHD was when connected to my wifi and id go to download something it wouldnt download and id look to see if its still connected and it would say it was authorizing the wifi connect or something and I would have to disconnect and then reconnect to get to download something.

Hey funnyclub,

I am having the exact same problem with my wi-fi as you are....when in a room next to the router and wireless strenght showing excellent, the phone keeps disconnecting itself....very annoying....I have my wi-fi sleep settings set to Never too...

[/B]

Hey funnyclub,

I am having the exact same problem with my wi-fi as you are....when in a room next to the router and wireless strenght showing excellent, the phone keeps disconnecting itself....very annoying....I have my wi-fi sleep settings set to Never too...

Ya that was very annoying for me.
    Argh I dont know what to do now should I just get another DHD or change altogether. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This is really weird, but my firmware is still on version 1.27.405.1, and still is not seeing any available updates... :s

Has ANYONE else experienced this, or is it just me??? :confused:

I got my phone back off vodafone and I was still on the 1st update and when I searched for new updates it didnt recognize any. Then I turned on my wifi and tried later and it found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

Not just you. I'm in the same boat. Still saying I'm up to date even though this is the 3rd (I think) update out since I got mine. Annoying.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if the problem is that it won't find this "OTA" as such, but if it needs to be over a Wi-Fi network before it'll find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

[/B]

Hey funnyclub,

funnyclub wrote: »
    Ya that was very annoying for me.
    Argh I dont know what to do now should I just get another DHD or change altogether. :confused:

I'm also now having this wi-fi issue. :(

Ok, as my phone is STILL on firmware version 1.27.405.1, I got on to HTC support who told me the following:
    Ah, now that makes sense as to why I could not see the updates on the website. Now that I know that they are OTA updates, I can explain better as to why you have not yet recived them

When a update is ready for release and the developers in question wish to release as an OTA Update. They do not release it themselves, as it would cost them a considerable amount of money to release. So they sell the update to the providers, such as O2 and Orange.

It is then up to the provider to choose as and when they want to transmit the OTA Update to peoples phones.

Unfortunately, HTC are left out of the loop when it comes to OTA Updates as we are not needed in the process. But this does mean that we are unable to provide the proper support for customers trying to get the update.

The only thing that I can suggest, is that you take the phone into the provider spacific shop and ask them about the update, they will be better suited to helping you get the update.

I hope that this problem is resolved as soon as possible for you, if you have any problems in the future then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again.

So looks that for those of us without the firmware update, it's because Vodafone have not pushed it out to us.

My suspicion would be that it was pushed out to the billpay customers, but not the PAYG customers...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You could be right. I'm on billpay, and I'm on 1.32.405.6 - I've had it for about 3 weeks now.

I'll go post in the Vodafone forum, see what they say about it.

Paul has said there shouldn't be any difference with PAYG or Billpay, and is checking with the guys in Vodafone that take care of the firmwares.

If any of you want to check the thread, it's here, if you're getting the same issue, might be worth letting him know too. (So long as you're on Vodafone of course!)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100669

Advertisement