Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the most ludacris storey youve read in a tabloid newspaper?

• 29-05-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

cant stand the feckin things! was readin that cristano ronaldo was goin to real madrid for 190million and will be on a 12million a year contract lol me arse..one of my mates told me a friend of his works for a tabloid newspaper and was told by his boss that their readers were idiot so make stories sound interesting :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ludacris is a singsong man. :)

My most ludicrous headline was in the Northside People.

"Community Slams St. Vincent de Paul" - I can't even remember the story but that's a great headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

ha im not a good speller sorry lol :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

that is feckin gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

JK looks magic at premiere. Hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

"Heroic Caretaker falls off Roof!"

local paper. was funny cause i was in school when it happened. He just slipped.
    Clumsy = Hero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

not a tabloid but i wanted to present this peice of work..................

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/29/business/main4134373.shtml?source=mostpop_story
    Dunkin' Donuts Ad Stirs Terror Flap!!
    Dunkin' Donuts said Wednesday it stopped running an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Freddie Star ate my hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kerah86

Gwyenth Paltrow gives birth to Apple

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Iraqi Head Seeks Arms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Courtesy of the Sun: No nobby bobby keeps jobby!

That is simultaneously the best and worst headline I've heard.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

1208348024594.jpg

Courtesy of the Sun: No nobby bobby keeps jobby!

That is simultaneously the best and worst headline I've heard.

I remember that one. Classic Sun headline writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Maximilian wrote: »
    1208348024594.jpg

aaahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone remember when The Sunday Sport did actual news stories like this one and wasn't just about tits?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was a ridiculous story about 6th in the Daily Star last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

scruff321 wrote: »
    cant stand the feckin things! was readin that cristano ronaldo was goin to real madrid for 190million and will be on a 12million a year contract lol me arse..one of my mates told me a friend of his works for a tabloid newspaper and was told by his boss that their readers were idiot so make stories sound interesting :eek:

At least the the tabloid journalists know the difference between 'story' and 'storey'.

Seriously - learn to use a spell-checker.

Also - I'm no scienctician but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell 'ludacris'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

On a serious note, The Sun's circulation in Liverpool took a serious bashing, which still continues today, after this example of how-not-to-do-journalism on the Monday after the Hillsborough tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Freddie Star ate my Hamster

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    At least the the tabloid journalists know the difference between 'story' and 'storey'.

Also - I'm no scienctician but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell 'ludacris'.

It's been done albeit in a nicer fashion.
    MooseJam wrote: »
    Freddie Star ate my Hamster

It's been done.

• AnonoBoy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure 'scientician' or 'sciencetician' is not spelled that way either.
    I'm also pretty sure that neither 'scientician' nor 'sciencetician' are actual words, so whichever you were aiming for......

*insert fail pic here*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Kerry Katona getting the 'Mother of the Year Award' :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

There was a story in the Mirror about a month or so ago that said Barack Obama and Brad Pitt were 9th cousins through a relative from the 1700's and that Hillary Clinton and Angelina Jolie were 8th cousins through a relative from the 1700's aswell... I got a good laugh out of it!:D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm pretty sure 'scientician' or 'sciencetician' is not spelled that way either.
    I'm also pretty sure that neither 'scientician' nor 'sciencetician' are actual words, so whichever you were aiming for......

*insert fail pic here*

Scientician –noun [sahy-uhn-tish-unlol]

"a scientist with questionable credentials who publicly supports spurious hypotheses."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kerry Katona getting the 'Mother of the Year Award' :confused:

Not as bad as Bryan McFvckwit getting celebrity father of the year... and then dumping his family be text message...

There was one on the cover of the Suday World a few years about a paedofile "who cannot be named" luring kids into his den in "the South East of the country", complete with blown up grainty photo of a bloke in a crowd with a deliberalty blurred face who could have been anyone.

And we wonder whay paretns are scared of letting their kids out?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Thats one hell of an exclusive

The Best/Worst I saw was in the galway advertiser last decemeber (I dont read the Star so Perhaps im missing out). Anyway, the front page had the caption "Sick paedophile found" (something on those lines) and a picture of santa beside it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

scruff321 wrote:
    their readers were idiot so make stories sound interesting

Tbh that's sound advice!

I was thinking of the the 'Diana was alive before she was dead' one but someone beat me to that already :(
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

You posted in the thread to pick someone up on their spelling. Having fun peering out through that glass stomach? :P

Advertisement