Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You can longer get buried on a Sunday in Galway!

• 05-03-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

Some of you are probably aware of this but the paper pushing bureaucrats in the back offices of the city council have scrapped Sunday burials.

As far as I can see the only persons standing up against their tyranny are the Fianna Fáil councillors. People need to get angry about this and get onto their local representative and city manager and let them know this is unacceptable in a modern democracy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Is it true that there can be no more than 2 burials on any day in the entire city? If that is true, than why isn't there anyone pointing that out?

You wouldn't happen to have any particular political affiliations, OP? If you do, please make them clear to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Fey! wrote: »
    Is it true that there can be no more than 2 burials on any day in the entire city? If that is true, than why isn't there anyone pointing that out?

It'd look like Rahoon would only be able to have 1 per day but, depending on staff levels, the "new" cemetery in bohermore should be able to still do 2/3 a day.

I's hate to see what'd happen if it was like some of the local cemeteries (carrowbrowne & killeen on the eastern edge of the city) where the families have to arrange to have a grave dug rather than asking the council to do it.

He is a member of Ógra FF
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77433829
    Canvasser wrote: »
    As a member of Ógra FF i'd be quite friendly with Rory Kitt.

Apart from that I think the rest of em are useless quite frankly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

So canvasser, Sunday burials and Gay Marraige then, anything else come out of the Ard Fheis?

The bits i saw on tv looked pretty tragic to be honest, like a room full of sulking gombeens in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You love Crowe, we get it.
    Don't post another political thread, it's soapboxing.
    There is a whole political section you can try out.

In case anyone wonder, this goes for FG, SF etc too (unless there are local elections on).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement