Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POC's interview.

• 04-03-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I missed O' Connells interview but heard some say that he criticised Pearson in it. Can anyone give the jist of it there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

I missed O' Connells interview but heard some say that he criticised Pearson in it. Can anyone give the jist of it there.

he wondered about some of the penalties awarded against Ireland. That's what I took from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

In fairness, Pearson had the worst performance out of everyone on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

RoundBox11 wrote: »

I agree that Pearson had a bad game but in the interest of fairness Ireland got a big break when Healy didn't get a yellow. Case of swings and roundabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

bar Swarzsecki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

did the interview with his gumshield in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I agree that Pearson had a bad game but in the interest of fairness Ireland got a big break when Healy didn't get a yellow. Case of swings and roundabouts.
    Also darcy before half time too id say.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Seriously though, I thought PoC was absolutely gutted when been interviewed. That's what stood out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Also darcy before half time too id say.......

watched that again and i'm pretty sure Darcy came straight through the ruck.

Pearson blew us off the park, no doubt about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I agree that Pearson had a bad game but in the interest of fairness Ireland got a big break when Healy didn't get a yellow. g.php
    There seems to be an echo in this thread :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

bamboozle wrote: »

Pearson blew us off the park, no doubt about that.

Penalty was for offside before the ruck.
    When the ball is passed you can see him out of the line and then he tackles the man and then comes through the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

castie wrote: »
    Penalty was for offside before the ruck.
    When the ball is passed you can see him out of the line and then he tackles the man and then comes through the ruck.

And in the red zone; he did well not to see yellow there;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

bamboozle wrote: »
    He's not part of the ruck because he never bound on to anybody, just wandered through the middle - offside. Given that that incident was let go, I thought that Healy's 30m offside had to be a card.

On the other hand, I counted three penalties that went against us that should clearly (imo) have gone the other way - two in the immediate lead up to France's try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

leonard7 wrote: »
    did the interview with his gumshield in

From his twitter feed!
    @TomShanklin Sorry about the gumshield Tom. My 2 front teeth were in my gearbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭freyners

pearson on a few occasions has shown he is not an international quality ref. He constant favours the team with momentum and lets them get away with murder. His communication with players is very sub standard and always seems to be a yard too far behind the play

unfortunately there is a dearth of top quality refs, besides rollaind and poite, too many too often they go with the 'safe' decision (barnes in irish game being the stand out). Partly because of the reaction that big calls tend to have (rollaind red being the example) and also because the citing commissioner has become a comfort blanket.

Thats why im against this white card system. it will lead to obvious reds being given a yellow because the citing commissioner will sort it out. Its also pointless because if there is serious foul play it is nearly always caught and if they wanted a way to catch it let the tmo put things on report

Advertisement