Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone think Father Ted is overrated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No not really. You can laugh at it all the time. Its like friends you laugh at the rerun episodes regardless the jokes don't dry out. They are still funny to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Its cult status will outlive Fawlty Towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Sergio Orange Nomad

I love my brick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

NO

And yeah add a poll ... will be 99.999% saying No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

phasers wrote: »
    The least good episode is the one with that writer and the nuns, and even that's better than 90% of other shows.
    "Good luck with the book!"

OP, you're mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I love the way they created its own bizarre inworld universe that you almost could imagine happening,but not quite, it felt weirdly tangible!

The little details such as backstories for certain priests, Fr.Bigley selling arms to Iraq

Larry Duff being caught with a booth of machine guns

Holy stone of clonricter

"Class one relics, oh very rare dougal, things that allow timetravel, resurrecting dinousaurs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I can't believe I'm defending Richard..... but people should note that he did say he thinks it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

no

let me rephrase that

no!

• The fact that I can't listen to The Specials 'Ghost Town' without standing up to salute the national anthem says it all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

25815.jpg

No, it's fine.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm defending Richard..... but people should note that he did say he thinks it's great.

He did get off to a good start, then the "but" appeared, and it went downhill from there on in.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

No. Classic comedy !

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thread fail

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No chance. A genuine classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

phasers wrote: »
    The least good episode is the one with that writer and the nuns, and even that's better than 90% of other shows.

Ah c'mon, when he drives into the back of yer mans car and says "Sorry about that" and the guy smacks him, thats hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭parc

I honestly don't think it's overrated and just realised it recently.

I hadn't watched it in a while and put it on one saturday I was hanging and it just reminded me that it's fantastic stuff altogether. We'll be watching it in years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm glad this thread was created just because it gives me a chance to read the quotes again. I'm laughing my head off at some of the posts on here.

I genuinely think there's not a scenario in life where you can't fit in a Father Ted quote.

"And instead of a head, he's got four arses".

No, it is most definitely not overrated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Poll added purely for the lulz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

No. Father Ted is timeless. The only episode that I find bad is that one with the sheep. Only good gag was 'the beast sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around a barrel'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Definately No!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Well, if it helps us to dismantle druidism then it's just about tolerable with me.
    But when you consider that there are swathes of people out there who must have, and I mean must have, the soap idiocies to help them thro' the day then why would it be strange that a sliver of them yearn for this
    ho**em**u*e ? Doesn't it take Liquorice Allsorts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Red Right Hand

No!
    It was one of the better British offerings from the 1990's, no more, it could do with being buried for 20 years. What I most object to is every smartarse saying things like 'careful now' and thinking they're hilarious.

• FUPP OFF, YA GRASSHOLE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Abraham wrote: »
    Well, if it helps us to dismantle druidism then it's just about tolerable with me.
    But when you consider that there are swathes of people out there who must have, and I mean must have, the soap idiocies to help them thro' the day then why would it be strange that a sliver of them yearn for this
    ho**em**u*e ? Doesn't it take Liquorice Allsorts ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

There's a lot worse than Ted.

Hard to think of a bad episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Father_Jack.jpg

*THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Father Ted is great. Anyone who says otherwise gets to meet Tom.

tom_father_ted_204.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OKeeffer

No!
    It's loved by Irish people more than any other. It's pretty good, not as well written as Partridge, not as well made as The Office, but is pretty good all the same.

It's great for quoting, but I wonder how many people watch dvds of it? I've got the whole set, but wouldn't really watch it, unless is happened to be on telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

A PAIR OF FECKIN WOMENS KNICKERS!!!

Advertisement