Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help getting contacts off locked sim card

• 26-04-2010 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

eircom has blocked sim card, due to a bit of a dispute over payment
    have moved to a new provider
    i do need the cotact numbers of this card
    as i do not have a copy
    is there any way i can get my numbers off this card
    anyone out there know how i go about this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Are you sure they have locked the SIM card? I didn't think that was technically possible.

Locking the phone, yes, but the SIM card? Not so sure.

Did you try the SIM card in another Eircom phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it looking for the sim or puk number? You should have them or you'll have to get onto eircom for them. They can't block your sim they can only block you from making call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is asking me to enter restriction code

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's an Eircom sim you need to put it in an unlocked phone or else a meteor/Eircom phone, your sims not locked it's the phone your trying to use it in is the problem

goat2 wrote: »
    it is asking me to enter restriction code
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Did you try the SIM card in another Eircom phone?

:)

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    :)
    yes and it is looking for a pass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

yes and it is looking for a pass

What do you mean 'pass'?

Davy wrote: »
    What do you mean 'pass'?
    the card is not accessable
    they locked us out, of card as i have put card in two phones that are not locked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What does it say when you put the sim in the two unlocked phones?

the card is not accessable
    they locked us out, of card as i have put card in two phones that are not locked

Ok, help us to help you.

Describe EXACTLY what you are doing, from the moment you put the SIM card in.

What EXACTLY is it saying on the screen? What is the make/model of the phone?

• Advertisement

when i put card in
    it says phone restricted
    when i take out card
    it says
    start up phone without card

when i put sim card in phone that works
    it says sim card registration failed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

1)
    Whatever phone you put the Sim in in the first place is locked to a particular network first of all, so the sim you have now won't work on it.

2)
    I got that before years ago, I'm pretty sure the sim went faulty , luckily I had contacts backed up on a sim card copier thing and exchanged them onto a new number/sim. Could be different situtation for you though.

rizzee wrote: »
    1)
    Whatever phone you put the Sim in in the first place is locked to a particular network first of all, so the sim you have now won't work on it.

2)
    I got that before years ago, I'm pretty sure the sim went faulty , luckily I had contacts backed up on a sim card copier thing and exchanged them onto a new number/sim. Could be different situtation for you though.[/QUOTE
    now you reminded me of something though
    i did use a sim card reader on that card about a year ago, so hopefully those numbers are still in the reader
    thank you
    i will check it out tomorrow
    might be saved

Advertisement