Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Looks like a solid little ditty, cheers for the heads-up.

I'm loving the combination of the DS's last-gen place and, somewhat like the PS2, its deep, deep library. It's an unending glut of good gear for relative pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone bought from http://arcadejapan.co.uk/ yet?
    I ordered an original Egret 2/3 marquee holder from them today as I'm out sick at the moment and for some reason my repro marquee is bothering me(perhaps the meds or high temp :))

Looks legit:
    egret_marquee_back-500x500.JPG
    egret_marquee_front-500x500.JPG
    I still have my original marquee that came with the Egret 3, but it's in rough shape(hence the repro one I got).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

The lad that runs that site is defo legit. Very active member on AO and j+.

That marquee looks exactly the same, packaging and all, as the one I ordered directly from Taito myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The sealed 'Stadium Events' auction ended not long ago.

2rzp84k.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Item Location: Black Diamond, Washington

Is that where they make those TVs?

• Advertisement

Item Location: Black Diamond, Washington

Is that where they make those TVs?

i thought the made them in power city

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This seems like an absolute bargain,
    link
    It just seems to be without sound, though this might be an easy fix.
    €60 for an MVS Mobo and Puzzle Bobble, I'd nearly jump on it myself.
    Throw down an offer at least!

• Has a chrono trigger cart too I see

The lad that runs that site is defo legit. Very active member on AO and j+.

That marquee looks exactly the same, packaging and all, as the one I ordered directly from Taito myself.

Hey, what's that guys user name over on AO or J+?
    Can't get in contact with him after placing an order last week on his website (arcadejapan.co.uk). Payment taken right away from my PayPal but he won't respond to emails or phone calls :(

Not a great start if he wants repeat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's Devil Soundwave AFAIK, last online today and bumping for sale threads a couple days ago
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29108&sid=623b69203c840b0a2dd305e320664bc3

• Advertisement

It's Devil Soundwave AFAIK, last online today and bumping for sale threads a couple days ago
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29108&sid=623b69203c840b0a2dd305e320664bc3

Cheers, I'll see if i can get in contact with him through AO.

Edit: Got in contact with him eventually :)

Yeah. Devil Soundwave. Glad you got sorted.

Shame about the lack of response until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Devil Soundwave

Hey guys,

Ross here, aka Devil Soundwave, onwer of ArcadeJapan.co.uk.

I'd just like to clarify a few points if possible.

1) The reason money was taken straight away by PayPal is purely because of the way the shopping cart system I use works, nothing nefarious! :)

2) I did respond to Steven's original email following his purchase, but for whatever reason he did not recieve it. He accepts this and I have since forwarded this to him.

3) Listing a phone number on your site is a legal requirement in the UK, and I am very interested in hearing from customers if they have questions or are concerned about anything. That said, I am not always in during the day as I have a full-time day job, so it is for this reason that I deliberatly purchased an answering machine. No message was left, however having since dialled it myself, the answering machien does not kick in for a good ten rings, so I will see if there is a setting I can change to make it kick in a bit more quickly.

Additionally, I have purchased a new mobile phone specifically for Arcade Japan (and playing Clash of Clans), which I will add to the site shortly, then you will be able to get hold of me 24/7 to discuss buttons and text me weird pictures of cats.

4) As I stated to Steven, the delivery information page on Arcade Japan advises that for courier delivered stuff, I will do my utmost to ship within 3 or 4 days, however this excludes weekend due ro the quirks of courier pcikup from my location. The parcel was packaged up yesterday (third business day following sale) and dropped off at my UPS pickup point, so it should be with Steven in a few days.

I fully understand and appreciate Steven's initial concerns regarding the apparent lack of communication, however I think it is clear that I did not and have not deliberately ignored him and have taken the time to discuss this with him in full via email.

I would imagine that Steven will be around shortly to corroborate the above, as I would not like this to reflect badly upon me or my site as I believe I have done everything within my published terms and conditions; and have merely been let down by a stray email.

I am not merely active on Arcade Otake btw, I am a moderator there and have been for about four or five years. Not sure if that increases my standing in the community at all, but I'd like to think that the guys at AO wouldn't keep me about if I was a scammer. :)

Regards,

Ross/DS

Yes it seems an email never made it to me(but was sent). So my worry mode kicked in as its new site and all. But I can confirm everything Ross says above.

If I’d gotten the email Ross sent then I probably wouldn’t have said anything, as it was my perceived lack of communication/updates from the site that was concerning me rather than expecting the delivery to get to me super quick.

Anyway, it’s all fine now and I’m looking forward to finally getting a minter original marquee holder for my Egret 3 after using a repro for the last few years, and I’m sure I’ll be buying more bits and pieces from Ross in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks Ross, i will be checking out the site later today.

Ed

Hey Ross. Thanks for registering here to clarify things. No doubt it will stand to you.

Oh, and if you ever come across a NOS dark grey coin entry bezel for the egret / Atomiswave, I'm first in the queue!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fair play Ross, sure your feedback on AO says it all. Nice site btw, will keep an eye on that now too.
    Oh, and if you ever come across a NOS dark grey coin entry bezel for the egret / Atomiswave, I'm first in the queue!

What did you do to your current one? Or should that be, what brand of marker did the young lad use to 'improve' it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice! That's the candy 18 I was on about the other day, one of the cheapest mini cabs you can get.

Wait, that postage price includes shipping to the UK? :eek:

Dare I? Two in 1 week? :pac:

sure why not ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bloody forum full of enablers! If this were AA you'd all be goading me to drink straight out of a beer tap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Dreadful looking thing, do it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Bloody forum full of enablers! If this were AA you'd all be goading me to drink straight out of a beer tap :pac:

Put it in the pantry.

• I dont know if I like those or not tbh, still a great price and a cab that doesent come up often. Up a whole 3 hours and still not gone! surprised...

Andrew76 wrote: »

What did you do to your current one? Or should that be, what brand of marker did the young lad use to 'improve' it? :pac:

The NOS ones Taito send out are a light grey. I have two so I have thought about getting a colour match can of spray paint at one of them.

New:
    IMAG0538_zps4z2a7glk.jpg

Old
    IMAG0231_edit_1421944394513_zpswbdn4i4f.jpg

Hey Ross. Thanks for registering here to clarify things. No doubt it will stand to you.

Unlikely I'm afraid, as Taito denied there ever being a different colour! I sent them photos and they seemed perplexed. In any case, they have confirmed that the part number for both E2 and E3 now refers to the same parts, which is the light grey ones available on my site.

As for AWSD, Taito tell me they do not supply any parts for the AWSD despite it being a rebadged E3, and that I need to contact Sammy/Sega, which is not fun as SLS in Japan are a ball-ache to talk to for gaijin. I'll let you know if I ever do manage to track down this elusive part!

Hey Ross. Yeah, it's a bit messy when it comes to the AWSD but Taito are spoofing a little as I got AWSD body art in my last order from them!
    I did query every other AWSD only part with them but they don't have them. They never directed me anywhere else though!

I uploaded a copy of the AWSD parts list to the AO wiki and all the part numbers are the same as the Egret 3 which in many cases are the same as the E2.

If you could get the colour right you could try mould your own!

Hey Ross. Yeah, it's a bit messy when it comes to the AWSD but Taito are spoofing a little as I got AWSD body art in my last order from them!
    I did query every other AWSD only part with them but they don't have them. They never directed me anywhere else though!

I uploaded a copy of the AWSD parts list to the AO wiki and all the part numbers are the same as the Egret 3 which in many cases are the same as the E2.

If you could get the colour right you could try mould your own!

Good to know thanks man. Will ask Takako to confirm what they still have.

Good to know thanks man. Will ask Takako to confirm what they still have.

They have f all. Think there were only four side art sets in stock then no more when I last ordered. I have two of the them ;-)

They have the voltage sticker found on the back of the cab too. After that I think the parts they have are ones common with egret.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Hi guys, is there a retro game shop in Galway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement