Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is it possible to transfer Elite status does anyone know?

Haven't a clue but wouldn't have thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I would imagine not tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ah well. I was going to be a good Samaritan and pass mine to someone who might actually use it.

Thought that counts an all that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ reminds me of the music from Deus Ex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wonder were the blops maps as bad as everyone let on or was it just a result of the bad graphics making people think the maps were bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wonder were the blops maps as bad as everyone let on or was it just a result of the bad graphics making people think the maps were bad?

some were good, Hanoi is possible the most boring map on any fps I've ever played. Nuketown and Summit were both awesomethe one with the rocket was ok, they're not a patch on COD4 and MW2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

krudler wrote: »
    some were good, Hanoi is possible the most boring map on any fps I've ever played. Nuketown and Summit were both awesomethe one with the rocket was ok, they're not a patch on COD4 and MW2 though

Firing range was immense too! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

and crisis!! wait.. what?

stadium was pretty great as was Havana! but Summit was top of list for me!

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »

Loved Summit!! Trying for quad nads at the start of DOM was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

ugglasdav wrote: »

That guys voice annoys me. And also, he is most certainly wrong about those screenshots of maps being legit simply because the road is far too wide to be in a COD game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hypermuse wrote: »

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Since when is the campaign in call of duty referred to as story mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

cloud493 wrote: »
    Since when is the campaign in call of duty referred to as story mode?

Since Black Ops 2 :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

A bit of a hissy fit going on a the moment...

Apparently, Infinity Ward are kicking up a fuss with Activision because a contract both parties signed stated that Infinity Ward were the sole development studio permitted to release a post-Vietnam COD product. As the world and his wife know by now, Treyarch have broken that going into the future.

Some people on Youtube are even saying BLOPS2 might be delayed because of this.. wtf?

_Gawd_ wrote: »

Apparently, Infinity Ward are kicking up a fuss with Activision because a contract both parties signed stated that Infinity Ward were the sole development studio permitted to release a post-Vietnam COD product. As the world and his wife know by now, Treyarch have broken that going into the future.

Some people on Youtube are even saying BLOPS2 might be delayed because of this.. wtf?

It won't really delay anything, they'll just get money from it more than likely. If anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

sounds like Publicity to me. Would be genuinely surprised if a contract stipulation such as the one they are suing over would be overlooked by Activision. Sounds like a pretty big stipulation to miss.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not a chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

It's the same as the No Russian scene. Newspapers and websites went around saying that there was an extremely controversial mission in the game that was violent and should be removed. So what does that do? Plasters CoD on all medias without a single cent of payment. Free publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    It's the same as the No Russian scene. Newspapers and websites went around saying that there was an extremely controversial mission in the game that was violent and should be removed. So what does that do? Plasters CoD on all medias without a single cent of payment. Free publicity.

Bang on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bloody nonsense.

Would have liked to see a modern warfare game made by Treyarch.

Can't wait to dolphin dive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You've got to wonder the thought processes was going on behind that division of CoD, Treyarch got the sh*t end of the stick big time by being so limited in future development but Activision would have had to rubber stamped it. Treyarch didn't really leave themselves with many options in how to advance their series but presumably wanted in on the CoD franchise enough to take the poor terms.

The article seems ambiguous in one area, were the terms of the contract drawn up when West and Zampella were still part of IW, and it's that iteration of IW they've broken the contract with? Or is it the present day iteration of IW that they've broken the contract with (a second lawsuit)? Either way it also shows a complete lack of adherence to a contract from Activision/Treyarch.

yimrsg wrote: »
    You've got to wonder the thought processes was going on behind that division of CoD, Treyarch got the sh*t end of the stick big time by being so limited in future development but Activision would have had to rubber stamped it. Treyarch didn't really leave themselves with many options in how to advance their series but presumably wanted in on the CoD franchise enough to take the poor terms.

The article seems ambiguous in one area, were the terms of the contract drawn up when West and Zampella were still part of IW, and it's that iteration of IW they've broken the contract with? Or is it the present day iteration of IW that they've broken the contract with (a second lawsuit)? Either way it also shows a complete lack of adherence to a contract from Activision/Treyarch.

You should have like a blog or a podcast :P

AGB_Ghost wrote: »

To be fair, that mission is training us all to be child murdering maniacs who don't know that murdering innocents is a bad move. :P

...So yea... Pre-ordered this today...

...woo free poster....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Mind if I ask why bother pre ordering

Don't see the point tbh.

I'm going to Tesco's the morning of release,pick up breakfast on the way home,in and out.

Don't see the point tbh.

I'm going to Tesco's the morning of release,pick up breakfast on the way home,in and out.

That's what I did for MW3 :)

anyone on now for BLOPs ?

Don't see the point tbh.

Cause I'm another mindless zombie whore and also I got a free poster...

A FREE POSTER!! Be stupid not to pre-order :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

Cause I'm another mindless zombie whore and also I got a free poster...

A FREE POSTER!! Be stupid not to pre-order :rolleyes:

You must have been discommoded at some point by these "mindless zombie whores"??:rolleyes:

Advertisement