Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD student thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 I am

I GOT IN :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 popcorn_

guysss good few in my portfolio class found out they got in, and some that they're on the list or they werent accepted, havent gotten my letter yet, is this a bad sign? : / i've heard before of people not getting any letter and then calling up to find that they dont get in , ... : (

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

popcorn_ wrote: »
    guysss good few in my portfolio class found out they got in, and some that they're on the list or they werent accepted, havent gotten my letter yet, is this a bad sign? : / i've heard before of people not getting any letter and then calling up to find that they dont get in , ... : (
    It could be just your post!! I'm sure thats all. Where are you doing your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 popcorn_

stillorgan : )

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rosie30

popcorn_ wrote: »
    stillorgan : )
    How many got in out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 caraclaire

Rosie30 wrote: »
    How many got in out of interest?

I have a feeling it was about 180, but i could be way off :) I got accepted too :D I'm absolutely over the moon, cannot wait :D:D x

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FiB3

I got in, but think im going to take lsad instead

• Registered Users Posts: 16 I am

where is everyone looking for accommodation? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

So I got in to NCAD and will be starting in September. Wondering if anyone's interested in receiving some help? I need a summer job to pay for all the materials now :D

I can at least get people started and answer questions, give advice from what I've heard and what I've experienced, then when summer's up people can continue on their own or if they're really stuck I could continue helping them.

Before I start advertising or figuring out times and whatnot I was going to check here for interest and probably cross-post to the Leaving Cert forum too. I know a teacher who's giving them for around €300 weekly after school (with a group) so I was thinking of doing them individually for €5-€10 for an hour or two.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Has anybody got a catalogue of NCAD product/industrial design show of 2013? I live in Dublin, so PM me if you have it. I would greatly appreciate this. Also, if there is a web link, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sflesciati

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    So I got in to NCAD and will be starting in September. Wondering if anyone's interested in receiving some help? I need a summer job to pay for all the materials now :D

I can at least get people started and answer questions, give advice from what I've heard and what I've experienced, then when summer's up people can continue on their own or if they're really stuck I could continue helping them.

Before I start advertising or figuring out times and whatnot I was going to check here for interest and probably cross-post to the Leaving Cert forum too. I know a teacher who's giving them for around €300 weekly after school (with a group) so I was thinking of doing them individually for €5-€10 for an hour or two.

Any takers?

Meee! I am italian and i want to try to get into Ncad or Limerick for the next year, now I live 40 minutes from Dublin, now i send you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Mod note - I don't think it is getting the response desired and instead is coming across as an advert. I understand that this was not your intention OP, but to avoid having other threads pop up with the same intention, I have to lock this.

If anyone wants to give you feedback, they can do so via PM.
    Thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 magick_tea

Hi guys,
    just wondering if theres anyone who got in to the core year in Ncad that wants to chat/discuss?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lorilow

Hi ye I did don't have a clue what happens next !! Waiting to see if something arrives in the post.

lorilow wrote: »
    Hi ye I did don't have a clue what happens next !! Waiting to see if something arrives in the post.

Me neither! They really do keep us in the dark. I hope something arrived soon because I'm so impatient and excited :P

Heard something about a Summer project but have no clue what that is. Do u know?

Heard something about a Summer project but have no clue what that is. Do u know?

Yep I think it's kinda like another section C from the portfolio, except it becomes the basis for your first project....apparently we have to hang them up on the first day to see each others work

Oh God no pressure there!! U know when the first day is yet ? Sorry for the questions..

Oh God no pressure there!! U know when the first day is yet ? Sorry for the questions..

Registration is on the 17th September for surnames A-L and the 19th for M-Z and the it starts for real on the 26th September.

I know :O I only saw that hanging them up thing on an old thread from 2010.

Great to chat to future college buddies :D

magick_tea wrote: »
    Registration is on the 17th September for surnames A-L and the 19th for M-Z and the it starts for real on the 26th September.

I know :O I only saw that hanging them up thing on an old thread from 2010.

Great to chat to future college buddies :D

Sorry 23rd September ----> here's the link:

http://www.ncad.ie/students/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bell_dawg

Hey guys I got into 1st year NCAD too, still waiting on info in the post! Not sure whats going on! i think we have a project to do before we start? Btw Is anyone else looking for accomodation nearby? :)

bell_dawg wrote: »
    Hey guys I got into 1st year NCAD too, still waiting on info in the post! Not sure whats going on! i think we have a project to do before we start? Btw Is anyone else looking for accomodation nearby? :)

First of all hi :) great to meet you! I'm still waiting on my letter too so I'm kinda relieved that they didn't just forget :P I reckon we'll get them on Monday.

We have to do a other bit like section c of the portfolio I've heard.

I live in dublin so I won't be renting. Where are you from?

Hi there nice to meet you! My name is Bella. I am from Miami, my family are living in Wexford at the moment so its waayy to far for me to commute! NCAD is such a small college it doesn't have any forums about people looking for accomodation, which sucks because id like to find people in the same year to live with! :) oh where are you from?? Which course are you doing, Fine Art? Ill be going into Product Design but we all do Core year together which is cool! :) Cannot wait to start!! :D

Hi there nice to meet you! My name is Bella. I am from Miami, my family are living in Wexford at the moment so its waayy to far for me to commute! NCAD is such a small college it doesn't have any forums about people looking for accomodation, which sucks because id like to find people in the same year to live with! :) oh where are you from?? Which course are you doing, Fine Art? Ill be going into Product Design but we all do Core year together which is cool! :) Cannot wait to start!! :D

Miami ...that's so cool! I was in Florida over the summer! I'm living on the outskirts of dublin so it will take me an hour on a bus and a 30 min walk to get into ncad :)

I'm doing core and then maybe visual communication but not sure.
    Are you looking for somewhere around Thomas street?

I'm so excited!! I really want the letter to come soon!

Miami ...that's so cool! I was in Florida over the summer! I'm living on the outskirts of dublin so it will take me an hour on a bus and a 30 min walk to get into ncad :)

I'm doing core and then maybe visual communication but not sure.
    Are you looking for somewhere around Thomas street?

I'm so excited!! I really want the letter to come soon!

Oh really where were you in Florida? :) oh thats so handy so you dont have to pay rent! Oh cool Viscom sounds very interesting. Ya im looking for somewhere on Thomas street or near by. Finding nice people to live with is the hard part though :p I know i am unbelievably excited to start!! I just want this letter now so I can start the project! They shouldnt really call it a "Summer Project" when the summer is over haha :p hopefully we get this letter tommorow so we can find out whats going on :)

Oh really where were you in Florida? :) oh thats so handy so you dont have to pay rent! Oh cool Viscom sounds very interesting. Ya im looking for somewhere on Thomas street or near by. Finding nice people to live with is the hard part though :p I know i am unbelievably excited to start!! I just want this letter now so I can start the project! They shouldnt really call it a "Summer Project" when the summer is over haha :p hopefully we get this letter tommorow so we can find out whats going on :)

Yep I was in Clermont Florida :) nope no rent :) I know what you mean :) even if you get a B and B or a hostel for a few days you will probably meet people looking for roommates in the first week :)
    I know hopefully it's tomorrow!! I'll let you know when I do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ficra9661

Hey, new here.
    So im going into sixth year this year, and only started thinking about art college last year. Was supposed to do work for a portfolio over summer, but that did NOT work out. I literally have nothing good enough for the portfolio and am freaking out now bc i suddenly really want to go to NCAD. Is it any way possible i could do a portfolio between now and feb??? Or am i completely f'd? Also, in the portfolio, are they looking for more technical skill, or good ideas?

ficra9661 wrote: »
    Hey, new here.
    So im going into sixth year this year, and only started thinking about art college last year. Was supposed to do work for a portfolio over summer, but that did NOT work out. I literally have nothing good enough for the portfolio and am freaking out now bc i suddenly really want to go to NCAD. Is it any way possible i could do a portfolio between now and feb??? Or am i completely f'd? Also, in the portfolio, are they looking for more technical skill, or good ideas?

Hi :D nice to meet you! Okay first of all DON'T WORRY! I was in the exact same position as you last year. All I did over the summer was 3 mind maps and them I was left with the whole reSt of the portfolio to do over 6th year... And I got it done. There was lots of late nights and feeling like it would never happen but if you really want it there's no reason you can't do it in the time you have!

They deffinatly look for creative thinking and good ideas. That's deffo the key to getting accepted. I personally didn't go to a portfolio prep course and had no idea what they were looking for and to a certain extent I think that weighed in my favour since I had no set formula. Technical skill will help you but it's not the be all and end all.

Good luck! If you really want it you can make it happen. Feel free to ask for any help you need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bearz

What is this summer project!? Any past 1years wanna help??😊 Can't wait to start now too ðŸ˜႒ðŸ‘

Advertisement