Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bolting down cow mats

Options
  • 25-09-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

just took up all cubicle mats to give the shed a good wash. the mats had been held down with flat bar and a bolt which had all rotted over the years. was going to bolt down again using a similar system but worried will i be able to take up the mats next year or will the bolts be rotten again.

dont really c the point washing the shed if the mats are not removed as a lot of muck seems to get under them.

would it b an option to just place the mats down with out bolting them. would they stay in position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

mickmac1 wrote: »
    just took up all cubicle mats to give the shed a good wash. the mats had been held down with flat bar and a bolt which had all rotted over the years. was going to bolt down again using a similar system but worried will i be able to take up the mats next year or will the bolts be rotten again.

dont really c the point washing the shed if the mats are not removed as a lot of muck seems to get under them.

would it b an option to just place the mats down with out bolting them. would they stay in position?

No they won't stay in position will slip out in to passage , had some like this disaster. Being honest we have never taken the bolted ones up when washing just gave whole hours a real good wash with a powerful washer every year and not much problems,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I used the 110mm drywall fixings a couple of years ago and they havent rotted yet . Just put two in each mat at the top and you can keep them lifted from the other end if you want to hose out under them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

I ran a 3x2 across the heads of them last year and secured it with 3 rawlscrews per 20' length. A couple came loose during the winter but on the whole I was well happy. Very quick to put down and cheap

Advertisement