Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Clubs Cross Country Championships 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Nothing online anywhere but I was told by my club that its Sligo Racecourse, same as the Senior XC, 6 laps this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

I heard Santry.... (again)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Likewise, thought I saw Santry listed in the AAI fixtures list as venue -before last update , its down as TBC now...surely someone knows at this stage...The race being on Saturday was handy last year as well expecially for those travelling..

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Asked an AAI person about this yesterday in Boyle.
    They confirmed Santry is the venue, and said they'd update the website and make some sort of announcement.

https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/WoodiesDIYAAIInterClubCrossCountryChampionships

New online entry! ,

Santry it is, on the sunday this time...

• Advertisement

What kind of course is Santry? Flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

happygoose wrote: »
    What kind of course is Santry? Flat?

A couple of little drags on the lap. Nothing that you would call a hill.
    Underfoot conditions will depend on the weather. I would go with 15mm spikes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Hi guys,
    I'm doing this for the first time next Sunday, and would love to see a profile of the course, maybe from someone's garmin from last year? Would anyone be prepared to share? I have looked online but can't find anything.
    Thanks.
    C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Hi guys,
    I'm doing this for the first time next Sunday, and would love to see a profile of the course, maybe from someone's garmin from last year? Would anyone be prepared to share? I have looked online but can't find anything.
    Thanks.
    C.

You probably won't find anything online regarding a course profile. It's a cross country race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Hi guys,
    Thanks.
    C.

Dont have a link from a Garmin but I can tell you its roughly a mile loop with one slight drag and the odd rolling incline but fairly manageable course

• Advertisement

Yeah, think it was seven laps last year, six big and one small, so just over a mile each lap, one sharp turn near the water,no hills, a slight drag after that gets tougher as you get tired each lap, good course, lovely day for it last yr.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Hi guys,
    Thanks.
    C.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73500119

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Ah that's super emerald007, exactly what I was hoping to see :)
    Thanks a million.
    I'm sticking with 9mm spikes, they'll be fine, right?

9mms may be on the light side,Wore 12mms last year .
    Im not sure how Santry is holding up any one ran it this week?? Cant be as bad as the ground out west at present or in Lough key for the inters anyway.
    I see Joe S is not running, nor is Gary T, fairly open field so depends who shows up- Kennelly? Ledwith, Pollock or a young lad to win?
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=23620

Does anybody have a link to the document that shows the division that each club team is in? I the division team medals are a good incentive for teams running in the middle of the pack to keep going. There was some details at the bottom on last years results but I'm hoping there might be an updated list.

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/senior-men-official0001.pdf

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/inter_clubs_2011_entry_form1.pdf

See link

This is 2011, so the 2011 grade B and C winners ( an riocht and Ferrybank ) move up a grade in 2012
    Any club not listed and entering this year is in Grade C afaik
    I dont know if there is any other way of changing grade
    The competitions book says teams can be demoted for not entering 2 yrs in a row
    There are some clubs in the list i have never seen runners from !

Anyone got directions from the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

happygoose wrote: »
    Anyone got directions from the M50?

Take Ballymun exit (between exits for M1 and N2), then follow direction to Ballymun, for about 800m. Before Ballymun, take left turn into Northwood Estate & Gullivers Retail Park (Free Car park here if Morton Stadium Car Park is full). Drive on along main road through Northwood estate, passing Gullivers on your left. Go straight at two roundabouts. Crowne Plaza Hotel (paid car park) is on your left. Santry Demesne, race venue is on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

brutes1 wrote: »
    There are some clubs in the list i have never seen runners from !

Interesting to see the likes of Dublin City Harriers still going strong in Division 1 !

Seemed to be some quick times from a lot of people in the senior men's today. In terms of numbers participating I think the inter counties and inter clubs needs to be merged into a single race in the coming years.

• Advertisement

Fast, Flat ... short...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭climbhigh

Some great racing up in Santry in excellent conditions. Sarah Collins (Finn Valley) looked like a new Fionnuala Britton style and performance wise when winning the junior women ahead of Siofra Cleirigh Buttner (DSD), Clare McCarthy (DSD) and three more DSD runners led home by Meghan Ryan. Kevin Dooney (Raheny Shamrocks) front ran the whole way to win the junior men from Stephen Kerr (Armagh). Jake O'Regan (St. John's Clare) had a great run in bare feet for the bronze and Hugh Armstrong (Ballina) and Killian Mooney (DSD) came through well for 4th and 5th to overhaul the Clonliffe pair of Aaron Hanlon and Ian Guiden. Armstrong, Mooney, and Guiden teamed up for fifth place in an International Youths mountain race last June.

Linda Byrne (DSD) led the whole way to win from Una English (DCH) and Ava Hutchinson (DSD). Mountain running international Sarah McCormack (Clonliffe) joined Linda on the first lap in what was her first cross-country race in Ireland. Ed McGinley led from the front also with the Clonliffe trio of Sergio Ciobanu, Gary O'Hanlon, and Brian MacMahon swarming all over him like bees for a long time :)

Great to see so many runners donning their club vests.

Some photos here:
    JW: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24280411@N06/sets/72157629095715738/
    JM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24280411@N06/sets/72157629095877774/
    SW: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24280411@N06/sets/72157629096172526/
    SM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24280411@N06/sets/72157629096491536/

aburke wrote: »
    ... short...

Sad to hear

Yeah, super course, great race, but short by half mile . ran it 5 minutes faster than last year, and didnt improve that much. ...the course took an inside lane on way down to the water,compared to last yr and the start straight was also shorter i reckon.

Results are up as PDF link at the bottom of

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=23689

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

ocnoc wrote: »
    Sad to hear

How short? I thought the times looked amazing, perhaps too much so.

Edit: See it above now, 1/2 Mile short! Can this be confirmed?

How short? I thought the times looked amazing, perhaps too much so.

Edit: See it above now, 1/2 Mile short! Can this be confirmed?
    One GPS watch I saw measured it as 11.2. A GPS measurement should generally be 'long'.
    I don't expect a cross-country course to be bang-on, but would like it to be closer to the expected distance.

Should've been 7.45 miles, I had it at 6.92, someone else I was with had it at 6.99, so it was a half mile short.

I wonder would the AAI consider upping the distance to 9miles. Cross Country isn't what it used to be :D

• Advertisement

ocnoc wrote: »
    I wonder would the AAI consider upping the distance to 9miles. Cross Country isn't what it used to be :D

Ah sure stick it up to 26.2 sure...would you fancy your chances against Ciobanu and O'Hanlon then!?!?

Advertisement