Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just saw this on Kotaku. Disturbing. See it in its ridiculously large original form here.

1e6ejp.jpg
    tumblr_lyca8lSkgg1qegob8o4_r1_250.gif?t=1333289179

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Comedian trolls local news presenter. Neo Geo jokes follow.

Comedian trolls local news presenter. Neo Geo jokes follow.

he did a dance as well for the remix of a French song by Yelle

thought some of might like it :3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Might be of interest to a few here.

Face-Off: ZX Spectrum vs. Commodore 64

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    Might be of interest to a few here.

Face-Off: ZX Spectrum vs. Commodore 64

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64

Brilliant Steve!

I only started reading through the Commy /Speccy 30th Anniversary bookazine last night,

and one of the nice articles was a shoot out between the UK versions and US versions of Commodore games, mainly arcade ports.

Good to know, because if you played only one version and thought it was crap, you may not know a better version existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

tumblr_m38erzeAmv1qegob8o1_r8_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retrogaming Roadshow panel, basically like Antiques Roadshow but for videogames. It's over an hour long...but hopefully it's good!

http://clanofthegraywolf.com/earthbound-zero-prototype-retrogaming-roadshow

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Retrogaming Roadshow panel, basically like Antiques Roadshow but for videogames. It's over an hour long...but hopefully it's good!

http://clanofthegraywolf.com/earthbound-zero-prototype-retrogaming-roadshow

Oh jesus! Imagine all of the people going along from Adverts.

'Here bud, look, I found this rare snes in me attic, what's it worth? €500? Will it at least be 'nuff to get some smack?'

'It's worth 20...'

'Thousand?!'

'...no..euro'

(No smack for Jimmy. He goes home and just sniffs some superglue instead - glueing his nose to the container in the process and ending up in A&E)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Always wondered about people who had a secret Tippex sniffing habit, wouldn't they be obvious with a white ring of correction fluid around each nostril??

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh jesus! Imagine all of the people going along from Adverts.

'Here bud, look, I found this rare snes in me attic, what's it worth? €500? Will it at least be 'nuff to get some smack?'

'It's worth 20...'

'Thousand?!'

'...no..euro'

(No smack for Jimmy. He goes home and just sniffs some superglue instead - glueing his nose to the container in the process and ending up in A&E)

Is heroin really that widespread on Adverts.ie? Maybe dealers are using names of retro consoles and games as street names. It could explain the wild prices ... and the lack of photos too I guess.

"Story bud. Uh, know where I can get some, y'know Outrun? :pac: I'm looking for somadat en-tee-ess-cee good import stuff like."

"Nah man. Got some Super Mario though."

"Forgetit man. Not going near it again. Last time I nearly Lemminged out in front of a Luas."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

a5y wrote: »
    "Story bud. Uh, know where I can get some, y'know Outrun? :pac: I'm looking for somadat en-tee-ess-cee good import stuff like."

Nah man....

Never mind that dirty Outrun shiiiiiiiite.

Turbo Outrun is the good stuff. ;)

waveform wrote: »
    Nah man....

Never mind that dirty Outrun shiiiiiiiite.

Turbo Outrun is the good stuff. ;)

"Nah man. I don't chase the Dragon Quest. I stay away from the Nintendo hard stuff."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That Golden Axe gave me a serious case of fantastic dizzy bioshock!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I snorted a little too much Ico and now me Command and Conquers are in bits!

Good old Gordon, we shared some good times, and got to shoot us some Striders too!

Super Paper Freeman versus Little Big Black Mesa: The Cardboardening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Good old Gordon, we shared some good times, and got to shoot us some Striders too!

Must have been an out of body experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Spent an hour or two hacking up a snes with a screwdriver, pliers and a weak drill... NTSC carts look surprisingly sexy in a modded pal snes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nuxxx wrote: »
    Spent an hour or two hacking up a pal snes with a screwdriver, pliers and a weak drill... NTSC carts look surprisingly sexy in a modded pal snes :D

Aw man you didn't! :(

I even hate widening the cart slots on Megadrives for Jap carts, but the doors cover the widening relatively well. The Snes looks like balls with the cart slot widened. Any pics?

Master of the Universe

Oh sweet jesus, no you didnt!

Just use one of these!!!

import_adapter_new.jpg

Haha, was messy alright. I think I`ll get roasted more If I stick up a pic :D Gimme a day or 2 to smooth it out :)

The reason I did it was I had the top off playing NTSC carts and got a wicked bad shock, got dizzy etc cause I touched an unshielded wire, plus my dog was sniffing around it

The top wasn't too bad, its the 2 sides of plastic on each side underneath that gave the most problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Not Strider!

His only crimes were against fashion!

972718-strider_front_large.jpg

Master of the Universe

Does it look like this ?

super-nintendo-widened-slot.jpg

Modified%20PAL%20SNES%20with%20widened%20slot%20to%20play%20US%20game_big.jpg

That's not as bad as I was thinking. In fact, it's kinda growing on me.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does it look like this ?

More or less, the edges around it are very jagged and not even, but I`ll sort that out with sandpaper or a better knife. IMO it looks awesome with NTSC carts in it but its a really messy job without the proper tools

Edit: Here's a pic, sorry for the bad resolution but you can see the uneven grooves I think. I'll even it out tomorrow hopefully.

205ciz4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

3p1saq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Which is the best Castlevania on DS? Looking to get one.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Not Strider!

His only crimes were against fashion!

972718-strider_front_large.jpg

Well, it may have been Shinobi again, they do look and play exactly alike, apparently.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement